Did The Dolphins Really Need To Add A Quarterback? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did The Dolphins Really Need To Add A Quarterback?

The questioned is really about how you feel about Ryan Tannehill, if you think he can take the Dolphins all the way then the answer is no, but if he is a QB that you think is not the answer whether that is because of his prior injury or skill, then the answer is yes.

How many QBs currently in the league can consistently put a team on his shoulders and will them to victory?

None. This isn't the NBA and there are no LeBron James's.

Can a few QBs do it more often than the rest? Yes.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

That's it. And none of them have been "willing their team" to Super Bowl victories.

As a matter of fact, one of those QBs (Brady) lost in the Super Bowl to a team with a lesser QB than Tannehill (the aforementioned Nick Foles).

I'd argue Brady only. Rodgers gets himself hurt too often and Brees has had losing teams more often than the other 2. I think in todays league whether we like it or not there's Brady, lots of distance, Rodgers, Brees, lots of distance and everybody else.

Yes Spiff Bill B wins into the playoffs with or without Tom Brady they may not go far but at least they are not sitting home like us.

There have been two seasons in NE where Belichick was the coach and Brady wasn't the QB. They are the only two seasons that they failed to make the playoffs.

The Patriots went 5–11 in the 2000 regular season and missed the playoffs. To date, this is Belichick's only losing season with the Patriots, and also the only year in which Tom Brady did not start at quarterback in any regular season games. However, Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassel in 2008 after Brady suffered a season-ending injury in week 1.

Getting a guy in the later rounds after we got Smythe would've been fine for me but they didn't.

I keep hearing so many people using RT's knee as some huge concern but I don't understand why. I don't pay attention to a whole lot of personnel around the league outside of our team but I don't remember anyone in recent history that hasn't come back equally as strong after having their acl repaired. It may change how much he scrambles but I think it's abundantly clear that Gase is taking the team in a very deliberate direction and the type of O is going to be fast fast fast. The tools are in place for the offensive scheme and game plan Gase thrives at and RT will be a huge benefactor of this new O.

I'm completely confident in RT and I truly believe we'll have a top 10 QB this year.

our front office is not that good or smart..it almost time for change in Miami. i would like give adam this yr. to see where he is headed as well. i feel that ross must want thill17. as started in Miami...something is not adding up at qb. if you been in nfl for 7 yr. never played in playoff, probowl, mvp, or top 100 player or anything. and you still got job security with no competion at all...

It almost seems like coaches look at how they play instead of looking at the same things fans do.

I am not as worried about Ryanns knee, I am more worried about him getting in sync with the other players. Its important that we are able to spread the pigskin around as much as possible as soon as possible. Thats going to create our sucess on offense and on defense stopping the run is going to be key as our personel on defense is situated for stopping the passing game.

I have said it before, and I will say it again...Stop comparing Tannehill from what he does when extremely pressured, but what he does when given average time to do his job...Not talking about when given huge amounts of time, but those extra few seconds that most good QB get.

Tannehill is not Brady, and in no way am I comparing him to Brady, but it's strange that when under pressure, Brady looks even worse then Tannehill.

There have been two seasons in NE where Belichick was the coach and Brady wasn't the QB. They are the only two seasons that they failed to make the playoffs.

The Patriots went 5–11 in the 2000 regular season and missed the playoffs. To date, this is Belichick's only losing season with the Patriots, and also the only year in which Tom Brady did not start at quarterback in any regular season games. However, Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassel in 2008 after Brady suffered a season-ending injury in week 1.

That was an all star TEAM as they were coming off a 16-0 regular season in 2007. Billy B. failed to make the playoffs with a backup QB even though he had an all star team and an extremely weak 2008 schedule (well documented on here as we won the division with Chad P. that year to many posters only because of that weak schedule). Brady matters folks!

That was an all star TEAM as they were coming off a 16-0 regular season in 2007. Billy B. failed to make the playoffs with a backup QB even though he had an all star team and an extremely weak 2008 schedule (well documented on here as we won the division with Chad P. that year to many posters only because of that weak schedule). Brady matters folks!

As much as it pains me to say yes Brady does matter folks especially when the chips are down. Initially like most non-Pats fans I thought he was a product of the exceptional Bellicheat system.

However, last year's Superbowl performance changed my viewpoint on this. Overturning a 25 point deficit in the most important game of a season, especially when his receivers Amendola & Edelman were dropping most of his passes in the first half I really didn't see how the Pats were going to come back from this.

But somehow Brady pretty much rallied his troops against the momentum shift & pulled it off on a huge stage & not some meaningless game.

Now that's a QB type I want for the Dolphins, for when the 'chips are down' and whatever system or game strategy hasn't gone to plan someone to force the issue & turn us into winners!

Just correcting a false statement.

Yes I knew, just taking it further that old Billy boy couldn't make the playoffs with a backup QB even though he had the best team in the league and a weak schedule. Tommy boy is important.

To be fair, they did go 11-5 with a terrible QB. I'd say both are pretty important.

I'll guess after cuts come thr Phins will add another camp arm

No they didnt. This is Tannehill last try. Was best to worry about that next year

Back
Top Bottom