Did the Fins outsmart themselves with draft trades? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Fins outsmart themselves with draft trades?

Said this right away and good luck with the incoming.

The net net result of the trade was POOR value. Period.

And it will sink in. Sooner or later.

We traded #3 for #6 and got...

An R3 in '22 and and R1 in '23.

That's not even poor. It's horrible.

Picks in the future are significantly discounted in value terms.

The R1 in '23 is effectively the SAME value as an R3 in '21.

The R3 in '22 is effectively the SAME value as an R4 in '21.

So... we trade that super high value pick and EFFECTIVELY got an R3 and an R4 in present value!

Like I said. That BLOWS.

In addition, we also lost value in the mid rounds with a pick swap.

So as great as the swindle was Grier achieved with O'Brien, he BLEW a ton of value...

You need to take a look at history of some these trades.
Do you have ANY IDEA what some of the previous comps have been for teams trading 15 - 22 spots down?

Yes they did. They could have gotten whoever they are now targeting at 6, they could've gotten that player at 3 and kept the 123 pick instead of sliding down to 156.

Said this right away and good luck with the incoming.

The net net result of the trade was POOR value. Period.

And it will sink in. Sooner or later.

We traded #3 for #6 and got...

An R3 in '22 and and R1 in '23.

That's not even poor. It's horrible.

Picks in the future are significantly discounted in value terms.

The R1 in '23 is effectively the SAME value as an R3 in '21.

The R3 in '22 is effectively the SAME value as an R4 in '21.

So... we trade that super high value pick and EFFECTIVELY got an R3 and an R4 in present value!

Like I said. That BLOWS.

In addition, we also lost value in the mid rounds with a pick swap.

So as great as the swindle was Grier achieved with O'Brien, he BLEW a ton of value...

You'll never make the living you desire by criticizing Grier. Get ahold of yourself and get back to criticizing me.

It could work out but the trade was made unnecessarily early. You don't think there are trade deals on draft day for the #3? Hell yeah. I'd bet they'd be better than a 2023 1st round and a 2022 3rd rounder too.

There is literally no reason why the Dolphins had to make the trade a full month before the draft other than that's what Grier likes to do.

That's what everyone who argues the trade is missing.

They get it! They just wanna argue how much smarter they are than everyone and worst they don’t even have 1% of the information regarding other teams and targets and trade possibilities that our front office is working with.

I’ll trust Grier on this as he’s shown a great knack for being able to make these trades and get good company.

The only problem with pick 6 is that you have a very good chance to lose out on both Chase and Pitts...the top 2 offensive playmakers. Only time will tell.
If this happens than QB4 falls to our spot, we then trade up (not outside of 10) to QB desperate teams (Panthers or Broncos) get assets and pick up either Waddle or Smith. This would be an easy win.

Forgot to mention, Sewell may still be available and we can solidify the line with him as well. Not exciting, but needless to say necessary.

Back
Top Bottom