Did the research on this post from Fansided. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the research on this post from Fansided.

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but, just because a head coach goes .500 in his first three seasons, doesn't mean he will be mediocre forever. Bill Bellichick went 25-23 his first three seasons as the Patriots HC. Jason Garrett went 24-24 his first three full seasons as the Cowboys HC. Sean Payton: 25-23. Pete Carroll's first three seasons with the Seahawks: 25-23. Have some perspective about football history and try to understand that you can't just clean house and expect to find a championship GM, HC, OC, DC, and QB in an offseason. Championship winning teams are built through consistency in both vision and execution. It makes me sad that it seems like all these "Dolfans" want the team to fail so they can watch them try to rebuild the team all over again. <------- This is all correct.

Seems all the top NFL coaches went 500 there first 3 seasons

Sean Payton: 10-6 first year coaching; made it to 2nd round of playoffs

Belichick: Won the Super Bowl in his 2nd year with Patriots.

Carrol: Won playoff games in Year 1 and 3 with Seahawks.

Yup, completely comparable to Philbin.

What a complete failure of a thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt investigate that part. But there still a 500 team 1st 3 years. Philbin gunna take us to the Super Bowl baby. 2 years... Book it

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Looks they had a good team
Philbin had a rookie QB and no running backs or receivers

For me it's just the failings at the end of games we should win. Green Bay, Detroit and Denver were all there for the taking and we just crumble. Although the players have to take their fair share of the blame it does come to coaching to right a ship when it begins to lean and he has shown little ability to step up to the challenge.

But those were NOT their FIRST teams as HCs. Don't dismiss this thread because it doesn't fit your narrative. The OP is absolutely right. BOTH coaches in the Super Bowl would have been considered complete and absolute FAILURES in their first attempts at HC by your standards and you know it. You would have fired them both and you would have been dead wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

What a complete failure of a post, and it's no surprise who's giving it a thumbs up too.

Did you forget about Belichick's tenure at Cleveland? Did you also forget what Carroll did with the Jets his first time? I mean seriously, if you're going to insult the thread and make a boisterous failure of a post, at least get your facts straight.

But those were NOT their first TEAMS as HCs. Don't dismiss this thread because it doesn't fit your narrative. The OP is absolutely right. BOTH coaches in the Super Bowl would have been considered complete and absolute FAILURES in their first attempts at HC by your standards and you know it. You would have fired them both and you would have been dead wrong.

Carrol made the playoffs in his first 2 years with the Patriots. He was gone after going 8-8.

As for BB, that was 20+ years ago, it was a different time. In any case, both weren't getting the job done and deserved to get fired. They may have needed to experience that failure to learn how to be successful.

Carrol went on to have a great success in college. He learned how to win, and applied it to his next opportunity in the NFL.

So no matter what, it's not relevant to Philbin. They weren't successful in their first stint and were fired. Maybe Philbin will be successful in his second stint, but I sincerely doubt he ever gets a second opportunity as HC.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

What a complete failure of a post, and it's no surprise who's giving it a thumbs up too.

Did you forget about Belichick's tenure at Cleveland? Did you also forget what Carroll did with the Jets his first time? I mean seriously, if you're going to insult the thread and make a boisterous failure of a post, at least get your facts straight.

Read my reply to Penthos. They were failures in their first stint and were appropriately fired. this is Philbin's first stint as HC. He has been a failure in this stint and should be appropriately fired.

So how again is that relevant?

Yes but in all those cases that are mentioned, each team showed signs of progression. The teams may have lost games but they fought to win them. Miami didn't fight to beat NY or NY and Buffalo last year. I would guess if you looked back at the games by the those coaches, their teams were playing better. That to me is the biggest issue. I look at St. Louis and see a mediocre record but I watch the games and see a team that is getting better each week...WITHOUT a true starting QB. Just saying it's not the record that makes me want Philbin gone it's because this team doesn't look much different than the teams he field the first three years aside from a new offensive style.

What part of FIRST THREE SEASONS don't you understand?

Other than trying to **** on the parade, do you have anything relevant to add? Because from the looks of your posts, you do not.

Carrol made the playoffs in his first 2 years with the Patriots. He was gone after going 8-8.

As for BB, that was 20+ years ago, it was a different time. In any case, both weren't getting the job done and deserved to get fired. They may have needed to experience that failure to learn how to be successful.

Carrol went on to have a great success in college. He learned how to win, and applied it to his next opportunity in the NFL.

So no matter what, it's not relevant to Philbin. They weren't successful in their first stint and were fired. Maybe Philbin will be successful in his second stint, but I sincerely doubt he ever gets a second opportunity as HC.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Read my reply to Penthos. They were failures in their first stint and were appropriately fired. this is Philbin's first stint as HC. So how again is that relevant?

Carroll went to the playoff his first two years with New England because he INHERITED a team that was already the AFC East Champions thanks to Bill Parcels. The Patriots got worse each year he was coach.

Its completely relevant. What makes no sense is to compare Philbin's first years as an HC to Belichick's first years in New England and Carroll's first years in Seattle. There's no intellectual integrity in that argument and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Yes but in all those cases that are mentioned, each team showed signs of progression. The teams may have lost games but they fought to win them. Miami didn't fight to beat NY or NY and Buffalo last year. I would guess if you looked back at the games by the those coaches, their teams were playing better. That to me is the biggest issue. I look at St. Louis and see a mediocre record but I watch the games and see a team that is getting better each week...WITHOUT a true starting QB. Just saying it's not the record that makes me want Philbin gone it's because this team doesn't look much different than the teams he field the first three years aside from a new offensive style.

Oh, really? So Carroll going from 10-6 his first year after inheriting the AFC East Champs to 9-7 in his second, to and 8-8 after his third is showing "signs of progression" in your book? Explain that to me, please.

Hey everyone, it's "make **** up to fit your view" day. Let's all just make crap up that sounds true unless you actually think about it. SMMFH!

Carroll went to the playoff his first two years with New England because he INHERITED a team that was already the AFC East Champions thanks to Bill Parcels. The Patriots got worse each year he was coach.

Its completely relevant. What makes no sense is to compare Philbin's first years as an HC to Belichick's first years in New England and Carroll's first years in Seattle. There's no intellectual integrity in that argument and I'm pretty sure you know that.

I'm not the one who started with that comparison, the OP did...

In any case, AS I STATED, they were failures in their first stints, deserved to be fired and were fired. For whatever reason, that coaching job wasn't working for them and they needed a change of scenery to grow as coaches.

The same may be true for Philbin, but that does nothing for us as Dolphin fans.

In order for that experience to be at all relevant to Philbin in his current situation and us as Dolphin fans is if they had stayed at their first stint long past when they should reasonably have been let go and managed to lead that same team to great success.

I don't believe either of them would have figured to out with those teams because the longer a coach goes without seeing success, the more toxic those environments become... Among fans and among players. And that is just not conducive to success.

Back
Top Bottom