Did we make a mistake swapping 1st round picks with 49s ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we make a mistake swapping 1st round picks with 49s ?

Grier is an idiot, he learned nothing from prior successes.

1.) don’t trade your own 1st round pick, just look at what happened to the Texans. We landed their #3, now we may gift the eagles a top 15 pick.

2.) we lucked out with laremy tunsil staying put at #13 in 2016. We should of done the same at #12. This leads me to:

3.) never trade up in the 1st for a positional player, trading up is reserved for qbs. We are not a WR away from competing.

Feel free to debate it with someone else, not with me. I have absolutely “NO” problem with Grier backing the Miami Dolphins.

That he traded two 1st round picks and a 4th in exchange for moving up from 12 to 6, and a 5th round pick is a different story.
It’s a little naive since they haven’t won playoff game in 20 years is the point!

I like the confidence in the move. I'd rather that confidence, be wrong, and then lose a few spots in the draft versus send a message to your organization you don't think your team will be as good as another.

Also, I don't understand this whole "you don't trade your own pics" mantra. Just doesn't make any sense.

Why does it matter if you can’t hit on your 1st round picks regardless of draft position? I hardly see this as a big deal either way.

The mistake we made was taking Tua over Herbert, unfortunately.

We don't know the details of the negotiations of the trade with Philly. People keep saying we bet on ourselves; perhaps Philly required our pick because they're not as stupid as we are?

49ers are one Jimmy G injury from having to start a rookie QB who was described as needing the most seasoning prior to becoming the starter of this past draft class. A rookie QB in that division is going to get destroyed.

That division is brutal. I could see the 49ers going winless in the division. I think the picks will be close. Maybe 15 and 17. Not worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom