Did we make a mistake swapping 1st round picks with 49s ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we make a mistake swapping 1st round picks with 49s ?

I have a terrible feeling we will finish behind the 49s in standing and by a lot.
Did we screw this up?

I said so on the day the trade was made. It was one of those little details we seem to have messed up. I still hate mostly everything about those trades we made that day.

You can get the idea. They were betting on themselves. However the smarter thing to do is hedge your bets. If you end up picking low, you've had a great season and there is therefore not much to change. If you are picking high then you obviously didn't have a great season and you need that high draft pick.

Right. Waddle has to be as good as advertised for that deal to be a win. He certainly has the chance to be that.
If Miami hadn't traded back up to six and with Philly apparently looking to draft one of either Bama WR's; at 12, Waddle or Smith eventually would have been there, especially with the way the board fell.

At 12 Miami had the choice of Smith, Parsons and Slater. All of whom are playing very well for their respective teams. Slater has outperformed almost every LT taken in the draft. Making the trade up to 6 for even more perplexing. Especially in light of Miami's offensive line performance so far this year.

Now add in the loss of Miami's own #1 pick, making this trade imo ludicrous. Up to that point I was happy with Grier. Now I'm not so sure? Jackson appears to be in over his head at LT. The signs were there towards the end of last season. But Miami choose to ignore them, inspite of drafting Eichenberg, in round two of this year.

I'm just not convinced Miami will turn it around in large part due to what appears to be chaos along the offensive line. Especially with Tua now hurt.

Well, "we" didn't do anything. However, "we" could whine about everything like a baby before "we" really no the final results.

Well, "we" didn't do anything. However, "we" could whine about everything like a baby before "we" really no the final results.
No one is whining. A question was asked and we are merely responding to the OP based on what we think might happen. Unless you consider everyone responding on this forum being a whiner. Which of course would include you since you responded too.

Bottom dwellers ???

A 10 win team is not a bottom dweller and actually we finished in second place in the East

if you must be negative in every post at less be factual

It’s unfortunate! Albeit the team suffered a brutal loss and lost their starting Qb. No one is denying it’s not the best situation. But the extremes to bottom dwellers really lack football
perspective.

It’s a long season and we’re 1-1.

Does the NFL not allow contIngency picks, like saying, you get the lower of our two first round picks?

That is obviously allowed in the NBA.

I have a terrible feeling we will finish behind the 49s in standing and by a lot.
Did we screw this up?

Looking at it now, yes, the trade was a mistake. But they assumed the OLT and the QB position would be settled, unfortunately both are closer to busts than solutions. The QB is not salvageable the OT might be......

Didn't like the trade the second they made it. Felt we should have held onto all the 1sts/2nds we had in case Tua didn't pan out, and/or there was a regime change this off-season. Nothing has proven either of these can't happen yet...that way if we were drafting, say, 12th or lower, we'd have ammo.

Gone with that trade.

Very glad we got Waddle with the pick, at least, but still don't like the trade.

I liked the first trade but not the second

We got a little extra capitol but could have stayed at 12 and had even more plus a very good player

Still i am happy with Waddle, The futures picks? We will see how that turns out

We still could end up with a better record than san fran and win that one too :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom