Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us?

Oh yeah we dominated Priest Holmes two years ago huh? We also dominated Henry huh? AFC East is the division of running backs for sure, Williams and Minor for Miami. Martin and Jordan for New York. Dillon and Smith in New England. Henry and the forgotten McGahee in Buffalo. Holy crap it should be an interesting season :eek:

Lets just Hope he plays like he did the last couple years he was in Cincy, we had a Top Notch run D last year (hopefully this helps stop all the Ogun trade talk), and its obvious he aint that good anymore if he got beat out by Rudi Johnson....and the Patriots are missing what may have been one of their prime OL in Woody....if Dillon does make any kind of impact itll be till later in the season when he gets comfortable with the new O-line.

Prime Time said:
Oh yeah we dominated Priest Holmes two years ago huh? We also dominated Henry huh? AFC East is the division of running backs for sure, Williams and Minor for Miami. Martin and Jordan for New York. Dillon and Smith in New England. Henry and the forgotten McGahee in Buffalo. Holy crap it should be an interesting season :eek:

Anyone can pick out instances where we didn't dominate..... you can't dominate every week, but it is just as easy to turn around and point out the guys we have held under 100 yards.... You guys need to calm down some of you are speaking like Corey Dillon is Priest Holmes....

I'm not worried about mcgahee until I see him take an actual hit. Henery is a good back, as is ricky. I dont know how jordan or martin will do.

midwest_phinfan said:
The patriots' offensive line didn't exactly punish opposing teams last year and they lost maybe their best run blocker in Woody. Dillon is more of a powerback that can break an occasional long run. He's not what the pats need for their offensive scheme. They need a scat back who has speed and can juke well. I for one am not worried at all about this move and how it will affect the phins. This guy isn't that fast and he has a decent amount of off the field/locker room problems in his past. They can have him as far as I'm concerned. They would have been better off using that pick on Kevin Jones of VT.

Amen man..........they're not built along the O-line for this kind of back.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, Dillon, while he is 30 yrs old is no slouch...he has been the star on series of bad teams, with coaching changes, etc...He does fit into the west coast style short passing game the Pats play...(think of Garrison Hearst and the 49ers, Ahman Green and the Packers)...He is a north-south runner that can take advantage when they spread out their recievers..the better the short passing game works in that offense, the better the running game works (draw plays, screens, delays). I don't know enough of their cap situation to see how that will play out...I would think that money was the reason he wanted out of Cincy so bad, along with wanting to be on a winning team....They must have reached some kind of agreement in principle on a contract so the cap shouldn't be an issue, but......someone in the Boston area, let us know what is happening there....

I hope this was a joke..................he fits the west coast short passing game????????? Brother go look at this stats, he's scarcely used as a pass reciever, besides they resigned Kevin Faulk for those duties. You all are not seeing this correctly, the Patriots are aligning themselves for a better No.1 without having to give up both of their No.1's for it.

Corey Dillon is a very good running back. He will fit Belichick's gameplans to a "T". He is a bruiser and for an undersized defense like ours, that's not good news.

What are u smoking bro?????????? We don't get beat by bruisers..............we get beat by quick backs who get isolated on our linebackers in the pass................. Some of you guys need to rethink your arguments.

i guess r.williams suks cause he had an off year??? to say that antoine smith at his best is as good as dillon is CRAZY. unless you meant that smith at his best is as good as dillon at his worst then yes. but smith at his best cannot compare to dillon at his best. dillon got injured last year and rudy played FANTASTIC,it happens alot.rudy did not play like some bum thats for sure. dillon put up very solid numbers for years when he was the ONLY option on his team(FACT).

he did not play alot last year so there will be less wear n tear on his body.he gotta major chip on his shoulder. brady and the passing will still be the focus, but this guy is a stud and certainly an improvement from what they had. he should be very productive for a good 3 years.

Dillon is a huge pickup and it will be good to have him aboard. I think this makes the passing game much more effective and helps the running game somewhat.

Man, there are some delusional people on this board! Will the Patriots getting Corey Dillon affect the Dolphins? Is that a joke?

Saying Dillon won't have an effect on the Dolphins because they have a good run defense is like saying Boston will have no effect on New England because they have a good pass defense. :rolleyes:

Maybe Dillon won't break 100 yds vs. Miami, but he's sure as hell going to do better than Antowain Smith. Not to mention the positive effect on the play action passing game, which New England uses liberally.

That doesn't even take into account the fact that it gives the Pats a better chance of beating the other teams on their schedule. If the Pats go 12-2 against everyone else instead of 9-5 I'd say that affects the Dolphins quite a bit.

enigmatics said:
I don't feel as though he fits their style of play either. Since when is NE a smashmouth football team? That's the type of team Dillon flourishes under. Strictly power runner. He might be able to grind out some 3rd and 1's, but he's too one-dimensional for my tastes.

He doesn't fit their style? Antowain Smith has been their starting back for the last three years, Dillon runs with the same style as Antowain except Dillon is significantly better in every facet of the game.

midwest_phinfan said:
I for one am not worried at all about this move and how it will affect the phins. This guy isn't that fast...

Oh, really...

Should be a fun season!

Back
Top Bottom