Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us?

midwest_phinfan said:
I also didn't appreciate how Sean Salisbury and Mike Golic were ooing and awing a this move. I know I sound like a homer but our pickup of Boston for a 5th rounder is way better than dillon for a 2nd rounder. These football analysts act like anything the Pats do is "the move of the offseason." That's fine with me though I kinda like flying under the radar with other teams getting all the press for their FO moves.

... I'm sorry I agree with them, and I agree more with Michael Irvin. The Benglas continue to show why they are the joke of the NFL. You do not give up a franchise HB to a possible play-off opponent. Most teams would give up a 1st round pick to weaken a possible play-off opponent. If the Bengals are going to win a title they are going to have to get thru the Pats.

This is 1 of the worst moves a franchise has ever made IMO. I sure hope the Bengals meet up with the Pats in the play-offs and Dillion runs all over their butts.

Oliver...

Rogers doesn't scare me much(I don't want him; Ken Dorsey of OL?) and we got Boston for a 6th and Fletcher.

I think that the pats should of got Steven Jackson instead of winny boy Corey Dillion. I think that Dillion has already shown that he is started to slow doen in his prime and plus he is getting injured. But i dont really care anyway cause we will still beat them :)

ohall said:
... I'm sorry I agree with them, and I agree more with Michael Irvin. The Benglas continue to show why they are the joke of the NFL. You do not give up a franchise HB to a possible play-off opponent. Most teams would give up a 1st round pick to weaken a possible play-off opponent. If the Bengals are going to win a title they are going to have to get thru the Pats.

This is 1 of the worst moves a franchise has ever made IMO. I sure hope the Bengals meet up with the Pats in the play-offs and Dillion runs all over their butts.

Oliver...

You wan the Pats to win playoff game? Becareful what you wish for it just might come true next year.

I agree, this move was not as good as what we have gotten from Spielman this offseason. It does not significantly upgrade the Pats. Us getting Boston has much more impact and came at a bargain price

baccarat said:
You wan the Pats to win playoff game? Becareful what you wish for it just might come true next year.

Hmm, I tried to see what the heck you're implying here, but I just can't get it. I did say against the Bengals didn't I?

Oliver...

Boston was a absolute steal for us. Expecially since we gave away a busted 1 round pick Fletcher and a 2005 con-6 round pick. Well that makes 2 years in a row since we reap off the chargers. Last year it was Seau and now this year it was Boston. I am very pleased with the way Spielman has done things around here.

At first I was like, "Oh ****." But the more I think about it, this move doesn't worry me all that much.
1. He is cancer in the locker room if he doesn't get his way.
2. He has been injury- prone the last few seasons.
3. He will turn 30 this season. Not old by any stretch of the imagination, but absolutley on the downside of his career. Espeically for a running back. And a back who runs as hard as he does.
Besides, he's no Ricky :lol:

Well, Dillon, while he is 30 yrs old is no slouch...he has been the star on series of bad teams, with coaching changes, etc...He does fit into the west coast style short passing game the Pats play...(think of Garrison Hearst and the 49ers, Ahman Green and the Packers)...He is a north-south runner that can take advantage when they spread out their recievers..the better the short passing game works in that offense, the better the running game works (draw plays, screens, delays). I don't know enough of their cap situation to see how that will play out...I would think that money was the reason he wanted out of Cincy so bad, along with wanting to be on a winning team....They must have reached some kind of agreement in principle on a contract so the cap shouldn't be an issue, but......someone in the Boston area, let us know what is happening there....

You don't hear Golic and Salisbury raving about how the Patriots lost their best run blocker and best run stopper. Also, who knows if Rosevelt Colvin will come back close to 100%? It usually takes football players 2 years to come back from an ACL tear.

Everything they do is overblown just because they are the champs. Is Dillon an upgrade? Of course. But the comment on NFL Live of "Do we put the Patriots names on the Lombardi trophy now?" really pi$$ed me off.

yes it will affect us, now they have two attacks the pass and the rush
we better be good this year

WOW. Talk about overreacting. For those of you who think the Patriots got a steal, you obviously haven't followed NFL trades for the past decade. No other team was willing to give a 2nd rounder for a 29 year-old back. I doubt any team was willing to give up a 3RD rounder him.
Frankly, Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson scare me a hell of a lot more than a Corey Dillon on the downside of his career. And no, he's not a franchise back. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but certaintly not now. Don't get me wrong, he's a good back, but not a great one. The Patsies will be looking for a new back again in 1-2 years.
And to those of you who say the Pats have upgraded their one weakness, well no sh*t---they were going to do that anyway. I'm just glad they settled for Corey Dillon instead of a potential young franchise back like Kevin Jones or Steven Jackson.

I hate to say it but this was a great move for NE.Lets see, we gave up a 2nd round pick for AJ and they gave up a 2nd rounder to get a 3 time probolwer.Now don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that AJ will work out for us but they just made their running game stronger and the have a HC that takes players and sells his system to them and they buy into it. I'm not saying they're gonna win again but if they don't is not gonna be cos of this deal. We better bring our A game next year if we wanna win it all.

Ozzy rules!!

Samphin said:
Hey Don, how much under are they? I have no time or patience to look that stuff up right now. I just took the one poster's post as truth. How much under are you guys?

Dillon re-did his contract today....the Pats have not posted it yet

Back
Top Bottom