Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us?

MDFINFAN said:
Maybe Memories, you're showing just that, Maybe Mems...this guy is flat out good, he had injuries and head problems last year and last year only. If we didn't have Ricky and we could get Dillion, I'd go for him in a heart beat..Now we've got to go against him twice a year, this guys is a nightmare, making a strong team stronger. We used to just worry about their passing, now we have to take note of their runner, you sleep on him and he's gone..This was an excellent move by the Pats. What we got in Boston, they just countered with Dillion. Both O's about the same except their QB is better which is a big difference maker.

i sed it was a good move... i just dont think it will be a big thing to us... our run d is awesome... corners well they good 2...

enigmatics said:
Bear in mind that now the Patriots are over the salary cap. How are they going to sign all those friggin' draft picks????? I'm telling you guys, Dillon is trade bait for Saturday.

I didn't realize that this puts them over the cap. Perhaps they are going to be trading more draft picks for thos in later years. Or perhaps you are right, Dillon goes somewhere like to the Raiders for their second rounder, which is at the begininng of the round mind you.

I am the one who said they would probably end up with more than they traded for him. Not necesarily a first and second, just using that as an example of how good BB is in getting the ultimate highest value for every player, even when dealing them away to other teams.

i actually think it was a good move for the Pats. Dillion is a good 1k yd runner & can help them. as much as i don't like the Pats but you have to give them props for the move.

donshula said:
the pats are still under the cap

Hey Don, how much under are they? I have no time or patience to look that stuff up right now. I just took the one poster's post as truth. How much under are you guys?

Corey Dillion is a solid back. A lot better than the so-so Antwain Smith, unimpressive Kevin Faulk and whatever NFLE reject else they had to run with. Dillion in his prime, which he's past(don't expect any more 200 yd games), was like a Fred Taylor. Big but not huge, with speed and the ability to make big plays. I expect him to be productive but not a Pro Bowler. He's like Emitt Smith two years ago, still capable of 1K yds.I hate to say it but this is a solid move for the Patriots, at least for the short term(What if they pass on jackson or Jones and one of them turns into a really great back?)

This could mean we'll draft a DT during Day One of the draft.

Orlando said:
I wonder if this will change our draft decission?
I don't see that this move changes our needs any. Our defense is still our strong side - especially against the run.

Onto something which SHOULD panic Finfandome more than Dillon...what does everyone think of this new website format??

Solid move for the Pats, but I don't think it affects Miami that much. Dillon is better than Smith was, but Smith was solid enough down the stretch. NE was the better team last year b/c of their passing game and opportunistic D. IMO if they're going to be the better team this year it will be b/c of their passing game and opportunistic D. Dillon gives them another option, but he doesn't make them that much better.

What worries me the most is that the Pats will now probably look at a LB, as they are old at that position. If Williams or Vilma are there they will be the pick, that not so much Dillon is what has me worried. Either one of those guys will be a stud in that system. They will now more than likely use the 32nd to take an O lineman. What if they end up with Smiley or Rogers. Dillon doesnt worry me its what they can now do since they dont have to move up for a RB that does

The patriots' offensive line didn't exactly punish opposing teams last year and they lost maybe their best run blocker in Woody. Dillon is more of a powerback that can break an occasional long run. He's not what the pats need for their offensive scheme. They need a scat back who has speed and can juke well. I for one am not worried at all about this move and how it will affect the phins. This guy isn't that fast and he has a decent amount of off the field/locker room problems in his past. They can have him as far as I'm concerned. They would have been better off using that pick on Kevin Jones of VT.

I also didn't appreciate how Sean Salisbury and Mike Golic were ooing and awing a this move. I know I sound like a homer but our pickup of Boston for a 5th rounder is way better than dillon for a 2nd rounder. These football analysts act like anything the Pats do is "the move of the offseason." That's fine with me though I kinda like flying under the radar with other teams getting all the press for their FO moves.

Back
Top Bottom