Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dillon traded to Patriots: Does this really affect us?

LIQUID24 said:
WOW. Talk about overreacting. For those of you who think the Patriots got a steal, you obviously haven't followed NFL trades for the past decade. No other team was willing to give a 2nd rounder for a 29 year-old back. I doubt any team was willing to give up a 3RD rounder him.
Frankly, Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson scare me a hell of a lot more than a Corey Dillon on the downside of his career. And no, he's not a franchise back. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but certaintly not now. Don't get me wrong, he's a good back, but not a great one. The Patsies will be looking for a new back again in 1-2 years.
And to those of you who say the Pats have upgraded their one weakness, well no sh*t---they were going to do that anyway. I'm just glad they settled for Corey Dillon instead of a potential young franchise back like Kevin Jones or Steven Jackson.

Totally agree, but to me i think they wasted their 2nd rounder because Kevin Faulk wasnt that bad of a back to begin with hes a great receiver as well as runner. waste of a pick; Yes i KNow Miami wasted a PIck on Feeley but hes still young and can be taught alot of things .

AFC East Definitely the Best RB Division

With the acquisition of Dillon into the division, it's not even close anymore...the AFC East could run over any other conference any day of the week...Ricky, Corey, Travis, Curtis...that's ridonkulous!!!!

LIQUID24 said:
WOW. Talk about overreacting. For those of you who think the Patriots got a steal, you obviously haven't followed NFL trades for the past decade. No other team was willing to give a 2nd rounder for a 29 year-old back. I doubt any team was willing to give up a 3RD rounder him.
Frankly, Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson scare me a hell of a lot more than a Corey Dillon on the downside of his career. And no, he's not a franchise back. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but certaintly not now. Don't get me wrong, he's a good back, but not a great one. The Patsies will be looking for a new back again in 1-2 years.
And to those of you who say the Pats have upgraded their one weakness, well no sh*t---they were going to do that anyway. I'm just glad they settled for Corey Dillon instead of a potential young franchise back like Kevin Jones or Steven Jackson.

The Pats still have 2-1st round picks,1-2d round pick,2-3d round picks...
Thay can still get Jones or Jackson .This was just one 2d round pick....
infact it could be the 2d round pick the Fins gave us. :lol:

donshula said:
The Pats still have 2-1st round picks,1-2d round pick,2-3d round picks...
Thay can still get Jones or Jackson .This was just one 2d round pick....
infact it could be the 2d round pick the Fins gave us. :lol:
The draft picks are what scare me, not Corey Dillon. Obviously the Pats are still the favorites, but they were going to be whether they got Dillon or not.

My feeling is that there is no threat here. The Fins can stop any running back and with the new emphasis on the Pats raping recievers infractions, they will not even contend!

The more I sit here and think about the reasoning behind this trade the more I think that the Pats will still go after a RB. Dillon is an upgrade at their RB position, but we all agree he is not the long term answer. What if they are looking at a RB that could use a year or two to develop does this ring a bell to anyone? Im not sure how Clarett would fit into their system but he is a very good talent that could be had in the 3rd if he gets in this year. The trade for Dillon gives them a proven RB who now has something to prove, it also gives them the freedom to sure up other spots with the first 3 picks like LB and OL. What if they get Vilma and Grove and then get Clarett in the 3rd. This is an ideal situation for both involved NE gets a potential superstar at the 3rd round price, Clarett gets to sit and develop while the Pats improve the team around him.

You guys forget, Antowain Smith was waived...

Unless he was resigned for a cheaper cost he wont be a factor for Dillon

Fins2theend said:
The more I sit here and think about the reasoning behind this trade the more I think that the Pats will still go after a RB. Dillon is an upgrade at their RB position, but we all agree he is not the long term answer. What if they are looking at a RB that could use a year or two to develop does this ring a bell to anyone? Im not sure how Clarett would fit into their system but he is a very good talent that could be had in the 3rd if he gets in this year. The trade for Dillon gives them a proven RB who now has something to prove, it also gives them the freedom to sure up other spots with the first 3 picks like LB and OL. What if they get Vilma and Grove and then get Clarett in the 3rd. This is an ideal situation for both involved NE gets a potential superstar at the 3rd round price, Clarett gets to sit and develop while the Pats improve the team around him.

Clarrett won't be there as of now, but here is my theory on their thinking. They wanted to grab Dillon for now and draft Clarett who will need a couple of seasons to get up to snuff with one of their many picks. Now, I'm just nervous now that this could cost us Andrews. :cry:

enigmatics said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1785718

If you haven't heard yet, Corey Dillon just became a Patriot.

Don't fear Fins. If he stays in NE, he's a one-dimensional back. QUOTE]

Corey Dillon is a very good running back. He will fit Belichick's gameplans to a "T". He is a bruiser and for an undersized defense like ours, that's not good news.

Are you kidding me? I can't remember the last time the Patsies had a back like Dillon. He is the first legitimate featured back on that team in years. We will have to game plan for him every single play, because he is always a threat.

If you don't think Dillon will have a great year with New England, think again. The Patsies will help Dillon the same way we helped Ricky. Corey knows he only has a few productive years left and he will be pressing every game. He wants a ring.

I don't see any good scenario coming from this. Even if Bellichick packages him to trade up or acquire more picks, that still doesn't bode well for us. Either way, Bellichick gets fat on draft picks or he keeps a star running back with something to prove who will benefit from a change of scenery. Doesn't sound good to me.

ohall said:
Hmm, I tried to see what the heck you're implying here, but I just can't get it. I did say against the Bengals didn't I?

Oliver...

I meant wouldn't it be great to see the Patriots lose to the Bengals in the playoffs or better yet miss the playoffs?

Why do so many of us Dolphins fans give the Patriots so little respect? They have beaten us three out of the last four times and won two Super Bowls in three years. I trust Belichick and Pioli's judgment more than Wanny and Spielman's. It's cool to hate your enemy, but you have to give them respect. Maybe that's why they've had our number, players don't take them seriously.

I think them picking up dillon is a good move. The problem I have with them pats fans and the way they talk about this move is some of them are talking to me and saying to me with all seriousness that dillon is a better back then ricky and will put up more yards then ricky this year.... Statements like that from pats fans upset me.... and it's not just a few it's a lot!

You guys make me laugh. :roflmao:

What has Corey Dillon done?? Only 600yds shy of being a top 20 back in NFL HISTORY.....but you're right, what has he done. 4.3yd career average. What a bum!!

Dillon has been a cancer.........so was Meshawn, and they won a Super Bowl. Cancers only exist when you're losing, otherwise you're a vocal leader.

Dillon has been injury-prone the last few years....yet last year was the first time he missed a start since 1999.

Prime or no prime, the Patriots got better today. They now have the second best back in our division (and if our line doesn't over achieve, he may look like the best).

It's even funnier that a Jet fan is on here trashing Dillon for being old. :roflmao:

I would take henery over dillon. Dillon is not the back he used to be, if he were he would have been starting last year with the bengals, and not have gotten beat out by rudi johnson. Dillon was a very good back, now he is average to slightly above average... the pats got better.... but they got better at a position we dominate with our defense....

Back
Top Bottom