Dion Sims - Is TE still a need? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Sims - Is TE still a need?

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Dion seems to be stepping it up every game. His blocking is great and he is scoring TDs as a redzone threat. I'm wondering if he can't be the TE that Cameron was suppose to be for us.

Thoughts?

Dion seems to be stepping it up every game. His blocking is great and he is scoring TDs as a redzone threat. I'm wondering if he can't be the TE that Cameron was suppose to be for us.

Thoughts?

TE is still a need IMO. Resign Sims but we can use another quality TE. Gase will make excellent use of another quality TE.

Yes we need to address LB,TE,OG with our few draft picks. LB is a must before TE please!!

Simms is under rated and makes the clutch plays.
He should be offered a long term contract.
Finding another TE like him should be a draft goal.
Blocking and pass catching makes the offense harder to stop.

Draft needs are shrinking. LB or 2, interior OL that can play C or guard, a slot corner. Then TE and depth DE. That's assuming we re sign Branch and Stills. Of those I think slot corner and vet guard could be signed in free agency. I don't see many scenarios where we don't go LB in round 1.

We need a TE with a different skill set, one that can be a downfield threat. Also, we can't forget that Sims has had a few concussions. Granted, not as significant as Cameron, but every potential future concussion could be more problematic.

If we resign Dion Sims, then I think he and Marqueis Gray are good enough.

Lots of fans want a flashy deep threat TE, but I think our offense actually does better with blocking TEs.

Not a need, but an upgrade would be nice. Definitely not a top priority.

Abso-freakin-lutely! Dion Sims is a TE2 at best. Gase's offense features the TE ... and we don't have one. We definitely need one via FA or the Draft, but it is a big need IMHO. I can only imagine how great Jimmy Graham would be here in Gase's system.

Sims is good but he can't blow by a safety, changing the dynamic on D...forcing 1 on 1 coverage on our WR's. He is not a seam buster. He is a functional TE that's growing in to his role.

Sims is good but he can't blow by a safety, changing the dynamic on D...forcing 1 on 1 coverage on our WR's. He is not a seam buster. He is a functional TE that's growing in to his role.

Who cares if he can't blow by a safety...Cameron could blow by a safety but he couldn't catch or adjust to the ball & his blocking sucked.

I hope Sims comes back for normal money.

This draft is TE deep. Gase will identify 2-3 options that can probably be had in rounds 2-4. A seam threat to add to Sims and Gray will make for a complete skill group next year.

I'm totally fine with sims being our starter going forward. He's clearly taken a step forward. In fact, I think our offense is set beyond some depth additions.

Back
Top Bottom