Dion Sims - Is TE still a need? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Sims - Is TE still a need?

Love Dion Sims, we good with him and Gray. Our defense and oline needs to be addressed in the draft before TE imo.

I'm still taking a TE. Gray would be a very good #3 TE. Sims is still our blocking TE but I'd like that seem threat TE that can attack the middle of the field. There are some really good TEs in the upcoming draft. Every team carries 3 TEs and some carry 4. Dominique Jones is pretty useless on this team and Sims has been hurt before and missed games.

To quote the movie The Internship...Getting by OK means if you settle for your limitations you get to keep them. It's been the Jeff Ireland way of doing business for a long time. If we can upgrade or add talent at any position the Dolphins need to do it. Some of you are probably satisfied with this O-line or with just having Kiko Alonso as the only LB worth a crap on this team. I'm not. If we want next year to be a repeat of the 2009 season after going 11-5 in 2008 and dropping down to a losing season the following year then you'll settle for your limitations. We can't expect to maintain the Dolphins as a winning team if we don't improve in as many areas as possible.

I doubt ANYONE is satisfied with the LBs and O-Line at this point. Almost everyone has been consistently saying that those two areas are our top priority to upgrade.

I'm also wondering what we may have in Duarte. Can he be that seam busting TE after a bit of development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a new TE because "he can't blow by a safety?" :bobdole: So basically, if he's not Jimmy Graham, then we need to draft a new TE.

.. Look, Sims is transforming before our very eyes. If you haven't noticed, he's much trimmer than last year and that has translated into speed and agility. His hands are freaking fantastic and he has excellent body control and spatial awareness. He's a red zone threat AND he catches the ball down field. We need to resign him before the rest of the league takes notice and worry about other areas in the draft.

I agree with this

Yes we do, defenses are not focusing on our TEs thats the only reason they get the few catches that they do.

We already drafted a TE from UCLA - that kid is the perfect compliment to Sims.

Dolphins are not drafting a TE this year - we are paying for (in free agency) and drafting LBers, OGs, a slot corner, a scat back and a late round QB.

A solid offensive line - with depth - and two thumping LBers and the Dolphins are a real contender.

We will run teams over.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Yes on Duarte - great athlete - needed to put on 20lbs and learn how to block.

I doubt ANYONE is satisfied with the LBs and O-Line at this point. Almost everyone has been consistently saying that those two areas are our top priority to upgrade.

I'm also wondering what we may have in Duarte. Can he be that seam busting TE after a bit of development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We certainly are not going to franchise him so nobody can assume he will be a Dolphin next year.....remember Clay???

Dolphins could end up drafting two TE's.

I was really hoping George Kittle would fly under the radar somehow. PFF always shows up when you don't want them to. The draft pundits haven't picked up on him yet, but you can bet your bippy GM's have. I don't believe that it would be possible for the Dolphins to overdraft this player. Not if we pick in the twenties. If Kittle is there in the 2nd round when we pick, then NFL GM's really are the SFB's we have always expected.

Simms is under rated and makes the clutch plays.
He should be offered a long term contract.
Finding another TE like him should be a draft goal.
Blocking and pass catching makes the offense harder to stop.

A balanced TE is better than a one dimensional very good seam threat. Sims is an important piece of the puzzle, but we could use another player. I am a BPA draft advocate, so it really does not matter.

Biggest needs for next year?

1. LB

2. LB

3 - 596. LB

Everything else comes later.

Sims is good, but we need a seem threat and another redzone target at TE!

If we resign Dion Sims, then I think he and Marqueis Gray are good enough.

Lots of fans want a flashy deep threat TE, but I think our offense actually does better with blocking TEs.

There's only so many balls to go around. We are deep at receiver and Ajayi needs touches too. Sims is a solid TE. We need to resign him and focus our resources on shoring up the OL and defense.

We need a new TE because "he can't blow by a safety?" :bobdole: So basically, if he's not Jimmy Graham, then we need to draft a new TE.

.. Look, Sims is transforming before our very eyes. If you haven't noticed, he's much trimmer than last year and that has translated into speed and agility. His hands are freaking fantastic and he has excellent body control and spatial awareness. He's a red zone threat AND he catches the ball down field. We need to resign him before the rest of the league takes notice and worry about other areas in the draft.

I agree. We don't need to draft a TE at all. Sims is going to be a beast. He came back slimmer, more muscular, and more confident. He's going to be a solid player.

Duarte will be ready to step up next year as well and Gray use decent. None of the top TE draft picks for 2017 have looked better than what we currently have.

We need 2 linebackers, a slot corner, a center, a guard...TE is not a need IMO.

Spend the money on locking Landry down and locking Kiko down.

My biggest need was to have a RZ and 3rd down target that we count on. Though he is still not that go to guy on 3rd down, he has show he is a weapon when in the RZ. Marqueis Gray has flashed enough to take notice, but still undecided on him...leaving to the coaches if they want to upgrade the position.

I wanted a TE badly earlier, but will admit the way Simms has looked, he has made it not as big a priority, and now LB, O-Guard, Pass-rusher are far more important to me in the off-season.

That is not to say, that if a great TE prospect were to fall into their laps (Like Tunsil did), that they should not take him. We can always use talented weapons that can help the Pass and Run.

Smis is a good lunch pal TE and he needs to be re-signed as a priority this off-season. He is turning into a good run blocking TE and a reasonable pass catching option, is he Kelce no but he doesn't need to be in this offense. I'd like to see a good compliment brought into Miami next year to pair up with him.

1) re-sign Sims. 2) Let Duarte develop, he has the potential to be a huge weapon but his lack of TE experience will make him a 2nd or 3rd year blossom at best or frankly he could tank. Daurte is going to either be a diamond in the rough or a scrub there won't be an in between with him 3) sign someone else to compete with Gray, Daurte and Jones. There isn't one of these guys who should be safe on the roster if they don't take a step forward next year.

A guy like Bucky Hodges would fit the bill nicely in my opinion.

The last few games have been pretty convincing with Sims and Gray. Make other positions a higher priority like LB and OL

Back
Top Bottom