Dion Sims - Is TE still a need? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Sims - Is TE still a need?

LB and DE should be the top 2 picks but if a Center/Guard prospect is there we could pull the trigger. Bushrod probably retires and Pouncy needs to be replaced in the near future. Can't stay healthy and it is affecting the running game

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

TE is low on my list, Sims and Gray are good and hopefully Duarte steps up

I agree. We don't need to draft a TE at all. Sims is going to be a beast. He came back slimmer, more muscular, and more confident. He's going to be a solid player.

Duarte will be ready to step up next year as well and Gray use decent. None of the top TE draft picks for 2017 have looked better than what we currently have.

We need 2 linebackers, a slot corner, a center, a guard...TE is not a need IMO.

Spend the money on locking Landry down and locking Kiko down.

It would be great if we could find a player who could play both the slot and outside as well.

I agree. We don't need to draft a TE at all. Sims is going to be a beast. He came back slimmer, more muscular, and more confident. He's going to be a solid player.

Duarte will be ready to step up next year as well and Gray use decent. None of the top TE draft picks for 2017 have looked better than what we currently have.

We need 2 linebackers, a slot corner, a center, a guard...TE is not a need IMO.

Spend the money on locking Landry down and locking Kiko down.

Sims was a great pick and just needed a few year to adjust to the next level to mature. He was insane for Michigan. Duarte is going to be special once he gets some more muscle. We are set at tight end. I also think our secondary is legit and young, howard and Lippet will be starter for years to come, with mcain on the inside. WE NEED LINEBACKERS and GUARDS/CENTER.

Hmmm, as said earlier, hopefully Duarte can add weight. Looks the part.

[video=youtube;l_fMwXRJNbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_fMwXRJNbM[/video]

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000684532/Zac-Dysert-finds-Thomas-Duarte-for-16-yard-TD[/video]

Hmmm, as said earlier, hopefully Duarte can add weight. Looks the part.

[video=youtube;l_fMwXRJNbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_fMwXRJNbM[/video]

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000684532/Zac-Dysert-finds-Thomas-Duarte-for-16-yard-TD[/video]

He needs about 20 pounds and some blocking work. He is legit..

I'm not sure why so many people think Sims is not a threat to a D. I see a very good TE....that has just been forced to stay in and block a lot. I don't think there's much he can't catch and he's fast enough.
He needs so more opportunities to hone his route running (which he hasn't had due to the aforementioned blocking requirements) but he can do it all.

He needs about 20 pounds and some blocking work. He is legit..

He's 6'2" 221 lbs...he adds 20 lbs he probably loses a lot of the speed and quickness and you lose the athleticism. I don't really see a future for this kid in the NFL.

Dion seems to be stepping it up every game. His blocking is great and he is scoring TDs as a redzone threat. I'm wondering if he can't be the TE that Cameron was suppose to be for us.

Thoughts?

only always! can never have too many good TEs (like CBs)

He's 6'2" 221 lbs...he adds 20 lbs he probably loses a lot of the speed and quickness and you lose the athleticism. I don't really see a future for this kid in the NFL.

I hear that a lot but is it always true? Has anyone ever gained muscle mass and retained their speed and quickness? Isn't there a RIGHT way to do it?

A good pass catching TE is absolutely a need. It would add a new dimension to this offense and give Ryan a much needed weapon in the RZ.

Sims is fine, but he's more of a #2 TE. Not to mention his history with concussions.

If we resign Dion Sims, then I think he and Marqueis Gray are good enough.

Lots of fans want a flashy deep threat TE, but I think our offense actually does better with blocking TEs.

Correct

I think the period of hybrid TE/WR is dying off. Jimmy Grahm and Jordan Cameron types have been figured out because they can't block. I like the Olson and Witten type of TE wich I believe we have in Sims. Good enough to play 3 down and does not give away the play type.

Back
Top Bottom