Dion Sims - Is TE still a need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Sims - Is TE still a need?

This draft is TE deep. Gase will identify 2-3 options that can probably be had in rounds 2-4. A seam threat to add to Sims and Gray will make for a complete skill group next year.

I'd loooove to get Njoku despite the fact that he's a filthy Hurricane

Fear the Spear :up:

I'd loooove to get Njoku despite the fact that he's a filthy Hurricane

Fear the Spear :up:

I agree with this except the fear the spear stuff. Njoku I feel is the perfect compliment to Sims. It would just be another weapon in this offense.

Simms is good. Big old school te that can be a red zone threat. Can't have a pro bowler at every position though. The line is still the biggest need with the injuries and old LT.

I want lbers, guards and a RT in that order.

Abso-freakin-lutely! Dion Sims is a TE2 at best. Gase's offense features the TE ... and we don't have one. We definitely need one via FA or the Draft, but it is a big need IMHO. I can only imagine how great Jimmy Graham would be here in Gase's system.

Big need? Same category as LB and slot CB?
:unsure:

Sims is a very good 2. We need a dynamic downfield threat - what cameron was in cleveland

Simms is good. Big old school te that can be a red zone threat. Can't have a pro bowler at every position though. The line is still the biggest need with the injuries and old LT. I want lbers, guards and a RT in that order.
There ya go. Nailed it. Seems like too many fans want 22 All-Pro starters. History shows 4-6 All-Pros on a team is about average for a team consistently in the top 8 (or SB winner). JMO, but Miami has Suh, Wake (yes, I'm aware of his age), Jones, Landry, and, possibly Howard, Tunsil) as All-Pros with 2-3 more as possibilities. The most important characteristic of top teams is no bottom quartile players (e.g., D Thomas, J Taylor) and depth at MOST positions. It isn't unreasonable to expect 3-4 significant upgrades every year. Beyond that is the land of hopes and dreams.

Re-sign Sims. If OJ Howard from Alabama is there in the 1st round then draft him. He blocks and can make plays downfield. That would be my ideal situation.

Re-sign Sims. If OJ Howard from Alabama is there in the 1st round then draft him. He blocks and can make plays downfield. That would be my ideal situation.

Im for an upgrade/compliment to Sims but Im not sure we can do it in rounds 1 or 2. We must upgrade at LB just like we had to take a CB last year. I cant watch another year of the same LB play. I really lean defense on first 2 rounds, of course depending on how the draft play out. It may come down to although it would great to add that piece to the offense we just cant fit it in this year.

We need a new TE because "he can't blow by a safety?" :bobdole: So basically, if he's not Jimmy Graham, then we need to draft a new TE.

.. Look, Sims is transforming before our very eyes. If you haven't noticed, he's much trimmer than last year and that has translated into speed and agility. His hands are freaking fantastic and he has excellent body control and spatial awareness. He's a red zone threat AND he catches the ball down field. We need to resign him before the rest of the league takes notice and worry about other areas in the draft.

I would resign Sims but won't rule out the possibility of drafting one early. We need to draft in the first round BPA. Round 2-3 needs to be more about need and BPA together.

I will say its very interesting to see some of the guys who were drafted by the old regime develop this year with actual coaches. Its amazing what coaching can do for players.

I was telling my buddies all week that Dion Simms is the NFL's best kept secret at TE...... They laughed at me..... Then he made me look like I know something sometimes lol........ I have always liked him.

I always have liked Sims and thought he was underrated for his importance in blocking schemes not to mention he is big and fast enough to extend downs. But I would say we need a second TE because Sims' concussion history makes me nervous we could lose him during a season for an extended amount of time.

I'm still taking a TE. Gray would be a very good #3 TE. Sims is still our blocking TE but I'd like that seem threat TE that can attack the middle of the field. There are some really good TEs in the upcoming draft. Every team carries 3 TEs and some carry 4. Dominique Jones is pretty useless on this team and Sims has been hurt before and missed games.

To quote the movie The Internship...Getting by OK means if you settle for your limitations you get to keep them. It's been the Jeff Ireland way of doing business for a long time. If we can upgrade or add talent at any position the Dolphins need to do it. Some of you are probably satisfied with this O-line or with just having Kiko Alonso as the only LB worth a crap on this team. I'm not. If we want next year to be a repeat of the 2009 season after going 11-5 in 2008 and dropping down to a losing season the following year then you'll settle for your limitations. We can't expect to maintain the Dolphins as a winning team if we don't improve in as many areas as possible.

Sims is and always has been extremely clutch considering the number of targets he gets. Ever since that rookie one handed GW catch my opinon never swayed on the kid. He's big time and comes from a big time school -- He played with Kirk Cousins right?

Back
Top Bottom