Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East?

2 QBS that havent thrown a damn pass in the NFL and they are already better than Tua.

LOL

Tua
CareerGPGS CmpAttPctYardsAvgTDIntRateAttYardsAvgTD
201780 497763.66368.3112175.0271334.92

Jones
2018. 60 51338.51239.510143.33-8-2.70

Wilson

So as you can see those 2 just wowed in college unlike Tua

no issue with anybody asking that question. I agree we don't know. We just get too many people just trying to put Tua down just for the hell of it. not saying you but we have plenty of people who do it and the worst part is, they seem to be rooting for him to play bad so that they can say they were right.

Thats entirely fair.

I will say while I'm not a huge fan of Tua (I don't think he's a bust, just not the highest ceiling to me) ill never be rooting against him or out team. My preference is he comes out and throws 50 TDs and I come back saying:

"Wow was I horribly wrong about this guy"

Pats will be better with Jones over Newton. Jets will be better with a new coach and Gase out of there. Have to assume both those teams will improve this season and will be harder to beat for Miami.

Miami picks up 2 guys in 1st round with injury history. I was hoping for either Chase/Pitts/Smith with the 1st pick and Harris with the 2nd pick. If Waddle and Phillips can stay healthy then the picks will pan out good however there is a big question mark there if they can stay healthy.

Now you have 3 receivers (Parker/Fuller/Waddle) all with not being able to stay on the field.

Pats will be better with Jones over Newton. Jets will be better with a new coach and Gase out of there. Have to assume both those teams will improve this season and will be harder to beat for Miami.

Miami picks up 2 guys in 1st round with injury history. I was hoping for either Chase/Pitts/Smith with the 1st pick and Harris with the 2nd pick. If Waddle and Phillips can stay healthy then the picks will pan out good however there is a big question mark there if they can stay healthy.

Now you have 3 receivers (Parker/Fuller/Waddle) all with not being able to stay on the field.
I get what your saying but Waddle played last year, Chase didnt so who knows whether Chase could have got injured, Injuries happen. Lord help us if we take Dickerson the sky will be falling.

This is by no means a dig at anyone by the way, its just that whoever we had picked someone would have not liked it. The fact is Waddle can give us something exceptional, as can phillips

Last edited:
The Bills currently have the best QB.
Tua is ahead of the draft picks due to a year in the NFL and game experience.
All 4 teams have future QBs now. Lets see how it plays out.
The drafting of Phillips is going to make all 3 of them operate under pressure.
Our pass rush and defense are more important than ever.

I get what your saying but Waddle played last year Chase didnt so who knows whether Chase could have got injured, Injuries happen. Lord help us if we take Dickerson the sky will be falling.

This is by no means a dig at anyone by the way its just that whoever we had picked someone would have not liked it. The fact is Waddle can give us something exceptional, as can phillips

I think this is a fair opinion and good way to look at it.

I dislike the Waddle pick but I'm now trying to see it more from the perspective of those who love it and give him a chance, just as an example.

Man you guys are hating so bad on Tua. Not much of a training camp, no preseason, and coming off an injury and still looked decent despite having a crap show of talent around him at skill positions and a rookie O-Line. Tua has elite innate abilities that no other QB in our division has. He is extremely accurate and his anticipation is off the charts. Let's get some weapons around him and a line that doesn't get him killed and see where we are. I mean asking if he is the 4th best QB in our division when there are 2 rookies that have never even played a down yet in the NFL is kind of silly.

I think this is a fair opinion and good way to look at it.

I dislike the Waddle pick but I'm now trying to see it more from the perspective of those who love it and give him a chance, just as an example.
I will agree i wasnt one that wanted Waddle @6 i was hoping for Sewell and a move up to grab Waddle, or Chase and Darrisaw/Jenkins.

But im trying to think of the positives and that is we still got 2 good players :)

The forum is all about opinions and debates, its just we have a lot on here that no matter what they will be right. If we won the next 4 superbowls, some on here would say well we should have won 5 its Tua he sucks :)

There's no way to know what Wilson and Jones will become.

Wilson, in particular, comes into a tough situation with a rookie coach and making a significant jump from level of play at BYU.

Jones was impressive at Alabama, but doesn't offer the athletic ability that Tua has.

I also think 2020 may have been a career year for Allen. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but a lot fell his way. Maybe he settles into the back half of the top 10, or just outside the top 10.

Keep in mind he had 21 potential interceptions dropped last year.

There's no way to know what Wilson and Jones will become.

Wilson, in particular, comes into a tough situation with a rookie coach and making a significant jump from level of play at BYU.

Jones was impressive at Alabama, but doesn't offer the athletic ability that Tua has.

I also think 2020 may have been a career year for Allen. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but a lot fell his way. Maybe he settles into the back half of the top 10, or just outside the top 10.

Keep in mind he had 21 potential interceptions dropped last year.
I think 2020 was his ceiling. He got real lucky with those drops. This year will be telling for him.

Hard to say really, but I never seen a future great QB ever have 3 under 100 passing yard games. It's probably going to be true. :(

Back
Top Bottom