Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East?

Hard to say really, but I never seen a future great QB ever have 3 under 100 passing yard games. It's probably going to be true. :(
how many future great QBs did you watch that were coming off a major injury as a rookie, that played when they probably should not have been playing at all?

The Buffalo QB has proven on the field that he is currently better than Tua. The two quarterbacks drafted by NY and NE have all the physical tools and the leadership tools to be good NFL QBs. The only advantage Tua has over either at this time is one year of NFL experience (which will be irrelevant two years down the road).
you have a right to your own opinion for sure, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it

There's no way to know what Wilson and Jones will become.

Wilson, in particular, comes into a tough situation with a rookie coach and making a significant jump from level of play at BYU.

Jones was impressive at Alabama, but doesn't offer the athletic ability that Tua has.

I also think 2020 may have been a career year for Allen. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but a lot fell his way. Maybe he settles into the back half of the top 10, or just outside the top 10.

Keep in mind he had 21 potential interceptions dropped last year.
If I could move this reply to the very first one of the thread I would

Probably 3rd best. Let’s give Tua a chance with some new weapons this year. With that being said , I spoke Definitly take trask , mond or mills to add some young competition to that position. One of those 3 may hit big

Rewatching some of the Waddle highlights and watching Tua drop those bombs right in stride leads be to believe the short answer is no. Allen has never been as accurate. Mac couldn't get drafted in the top ten. Zach is a film nerd, great. One year wonder and we'll see. He isn't better than Justin Fields, but hey, that's just the Jets Jetting. Our team is getting better every day. Every day that puts Tua's horrific injury another day behind is a day our team gets better. Looking forward to seeing the rest of our big board play out. Confident in our guys.

This clown would have posted the same thing about Josh Allen after his rookie year.

I think we all worry too much about what the other teams have. The Bills didn't worry about Miami having the better qb, they just kept going to Super Bowls. If it turns out the Jets, Patriots and Bills have better qbs I look forward to our number four ranked qb whipping their a$$e$ every year.

Last edited:
Well he is a backup but I guess you can argue Brissett is better than the 2 rookies so yeah he is probably 4th. Maybe 3rd ahead of Cam. But Tua we also probably have the 2nd best right now in Tua as well

I find it odd a thread was started about our backup QB during draft weekend though

Why? There are now 3 young first round picks, two of them top 5 as well as Josh Allen.

Seems like a legitimate question to me.
Help me understand what Mac Jones has done to show why he should be looked at as a brighter prospect than Tua.

Keep in mind, they're the same age.

Help me understand what Mac Jones has done to show why he should be looked at as a brighter prospect than Tua.

Keep in mind, they're the same age.

I don't think Mac is better than Tua. My point is just its a fair question, more in terms of the Jets than Pats honestly.

I just dont think my not liking Mac means I'm right

I don't think Mac is better than Tua. My point is just its a fair question, more in terms of the Jets than Pats honestly.

I just dont think my not liking Mac means I'm right
"I think a reasonable argument can be made that Tua will work out to be the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East."

This was the original message.

Do you think a reasonable argument can be made the Tua will work out to be the 4th best QB in the AFC East and if so, how?

Back
Top Bottom