Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
As one caller into ESPN Radio suggested last night? I was driving home and he questioned what the heck the Dolphins were doing? He claimed not to be Dolphins fan and went on to say that Tannehill is the most non-clutch, most injury prone QB in the NFL (say what?). I was screaming at the radio. He claimed that by not moving up to grab a QB in the draft that the Dolphins have no clue as to what they are doing. The radio host agreed with him stating that he thought that the AFC East would be 3 rookies at QB and the GOAT. He did mention that RT is only 29 and that coach Gase believes in him but that didn't stop him from re-iterating his stance that he was sure that the Dolphins should have moved up and drafted a QB.
I don't know what to say other than RT has had really one injury that morphed itself into a second season when he didn't elect to have the surgery. Also he's pretty darn exciting as a Dolphins' fan to watch, at least to me anyway. What do you want the re-incarnation of #13??? So NY Radio does have some interest in the Fins, though misguided it might be I say bring on the season already and let's show them some surprisingly exciting football (Fingers crossed)..............

The NFL is a result based, highlight reel business. What's that saying, what have you done for me lately league?

Oh, good. Another non-specific ingredient to add to the Haterade.

The dude high-dives off fishing boats while recovering from ACL surgery, and his wife leaves assault rifles in rental cars. I somehow doubt his life is all that boring. Private, maybe.

As one caller into ESPN Radio suggested last night? I was driving home and he questioned what the heck the Dolphins were doing? He claimed not to be Dolphins fan and went on to say that Tannehill is the most non-clutch, most injury prone QB in the NFL (say what?). I was screaming at the radio. He claimed that by not moving up to grab a QB in the draft that the Dolphins have no clue as to what they are doing. The radio host agreed with him stating that he thought that the AFC East would be 3 rookies at QB and the GOAT. He did mention that RT is only 29 and that coach Gase believes in him but that didn't stop him from re-iterating his stance that he was sure that the Dolphins should have moved up and drafted a QB.
I don't know what to say other than RT has had really one injury that morphed itself into a second season when he didn't elect to have the surgery. Also he's pretty darn exciting as a Dolphins' fan to watch, at least to me anyway. What do you want the re-incarnation of #13??? So NY Radio does have some interest in the Fins, though misguided it might be I say bring on the season already and let's show them some surprisingly exciting football (Fingers crossed)..............

I don’t get why there is a conversation here about Ryan’s injury only being 1 knee injury and not 2. Who cares? If it’s 6 injuries it doesn’t change the story that he missed the last 20 games. I also don’t understand why so many give him a free pass for completely mismanaging his tear in his ACL? Instead of having the surgery he went to Europe to have expeiramental treatment that failed utterly. Ryan crushed our 2017 season single handedly by not having ACL surgery. I don’t get why he gets a pass for this. Did Wentz risk the Eagles future when he tore an ACL in Dec? No he manned up, and went under the knife.

The NFL is a result based, highlight reel business. What's that saying, what have you done for me lately league?

Not always. Case in point - Andrew Luck. Same situation as Tannehill, maybe worse. I didn't read any suggestions that they should draft a QB.

I don’t get why there is a conversation here about Ryan’s injury only being 1 knee injury and not 2. Who cares? If it’s 6 injuries it doesn’t change the story that he missed the last 20 games. I also don’t understand why so many give him a free pass for completely mismanaging his tear in his ACL? Instead of having the surgery he went to Europe to have expeiramental treatment that failed utterly. Ryan crushed our 2017 season single handedly by not having ACL surgery. I don’t get why he gets a pass for this. Did Wentz risk the Eagles future when he tore an ACL in Dec? No he manned up, and went under the knife.

Why would blaming him for making the decision to delay the surgery change someone's opinion of his ability to play QB? Why would any team dump a quality QB because the treatment plan failed? Out of spite? Makes no sense.

So you're saying that Tannehill is single handedly responsible for Miami getting a better draft pick and getting Minkah Fitzpatrick. Nice.

Ryan is given a free pass because Dr James Andrews, (his surgeon who is considered the top orthopedic surgeon in the nation) and the Miami Dolphins doctors, considered it a strain/slight tear and recommended to him to rehab a year ago rather than have the full ACL surgery (the MCL would heal itself with nature). As it turns out, they made the wrong call re the ACL when he aggravated it at training. However, when you have the very best orthopedic surgeon and a team of other doctors making a recommendation and you follow their advice, I don't think you are being fair to blame the player.
BTW - the European treatment was just to accelerate the recovery with stem cells - it was not the problem.

Last edited:
Ryan is given a free pass because Dr James Andrews, (his surgeon who is considered the top orthopedic surgeon in the nation) and the Miami Dolphins doctors, considered it a strain/slight tear and recommended to him to rehab a year ago rather than have the full ACL surgery (the MCL would heal itself with nature). As it turns out, they made the wrong call re the ACL when he aggravated it at training. However, when you have the very best orthopedic surgeon and a team of other doctors making a recommendation and you follow their advice, I don't think you are being fair to blame the player.
Stop it with logic and common sense....much better to say he did not man up and have surgery. Honestly, the things some come up with to bash is priceless...and incredibly embarrasing

Yes we should have packaged a bunch of picks this year and probably next to move up, since that’s what it would have taken. It doesn’t matter if we were sold on one just draft ‘’someone ’ so people can stop mentioning it.

We also could have traded down supposedly as Mr Ross wanted, or we could have stayed and done what we wanted for those top picks like what happened.

If Ryan has a bad year or is injured we all know whats coming in the next draft- they choose to roll with Ryan and try to improve the roster around him for this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom