Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency?

So you are convinced every one of our current guys are trash?

See, I'm not.
Davis definitely. i don't want to give up on A Jackson yet. maybe he'll be a decent guard for years. need Eich at RT to excel.
Dieter, not sure since he's been hurt and is he a G or C. Hunt can be a keeper.
after that, we definitely need competition but i would certainly start with a new OLine coach

I’m trying to sign 2 guys that are plug an okay starters. Then I’d draft a depth piece. I think Terron Armstead is my top choice he’s the best tackle prospect on the market
He’s who all the tackle needy teams are gonna want. Hope we can snag him

I would go big in FA after OL for a couple of reasons. First, a veteran/solid OL, can ignore whatever garbage our current positional coach is teaching, and possibly rub off on the younger guys. Whenever we've done this in the past, even older guys, they end up being the pillar of the OL. Another reason is I think young, drafted RB & LB can have much quicker impact. Miami needs to sort out the young OL they wish to keep, and build with some experience from there. I have no issue drafting maybe 1, but it's just throwing good money after bad bringing in young guys on the OL with the coaching they are apparently receiving. Or... get a new OL coach and hope for instant impact through legitimate instruction and coaching.

Jensen, the C from TB. Maybe they can't sign him due to paying all their other stars. He's 30 years old. Seems a great fit with an inexperienced group around him. Then get rid of Davis since his only redeeming quality is being a veteran.

The groceries matter little when there's nobody to put the meal together. A decent coach would not put up with the s***ball thats been fielded this year. They have all regressed to the point of just plain pittiful. You can sign, draft, replace the drafter all you want but without a decent coach you're making mud pies.

I’m trying to sign 2 guys that are plug an okay starters. Then I’d draft a depth piece. I think Terron Armstead is my top choice he’s the best tackle prospect on the market
I like him too but he's an LT. We need RT badly.

Top tier tackles rarely hit FA, but that doesn't mean there won't be solid players available.

I really don't like the idea of spending another rd1 on the line, but I'm not going to scream bloody murder either.
Haven't had much time to delve into the draft, but it sounds like a good year to need offensive line help.

I think most resources should go toward offense . A power back and a quality receiver opposite Waddle would be high on my list.

Because I'm greedy, I also want a dominant front seven player for the defense.

There should be some quality RBs in round 3-4. This is a very deep RB draft unlike last years.
I think we go LB in round 1 if the best ones fall to us. If not go for best available player. We also need to draft a WR in round 2. We need to sign a FA WR as well.

Back
Top Bottom