Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency?

Sign Armstead and Will Hernandez. We need to target RB, WR and defense in the draft. Let Jesse Davis go.

Next year's starting OL

LT Armstead, LG Hernandez, C Dieter, RG Hunt and RT Eichenberg

Austin Jackson and Kindley can be bench depth

The real upside to drafting players is their contract value... At this point, the problem on the OL isnt cost, its quality. They'd be much better served to go the FA way with players who's output can be predicted better. The draft isnt the place to fix urgent problems.
Exactly. Doubly true when the rest of the line is so green -- you'd be going through growing pains with a rookie even if they were good talents. But if we had Dieter and Hunt in their 3rd years, plus 2 top FA I'd feel pretty good.

Need to trade the Lions for Taylor Decker. Maybe send over Byron Jones and draft Booth Jr. to replace him.

Free agency. Throwing more inexperience at the problem doesn't seem to make much sense.

Agreed!

Furthermore, I don't trust this organization's ability to evaluate, assess, and develop o-line draft prospects, they had plenty of time to get it right. Focus a good portion of the cap money on young, developed, free agent o-lineman. We need players to come in and stabilize the line immediately.

I think both. We have to be careful with vets coming off injury though. I’d hate to sign a top shelf tackle that ends up with nagging injuries.

There are young coaches who have started to grow into their roles this year on the Dolphins. Coach Lem, imo, is not one of them.

Hire the best O-Line coach money can buy, bring in $30mm of O-line talent in free agency, spend one draft pick there, and let’s figure this bitch the #### out.

I refuse to believe in curses. FIX THE LINE.

Back
Top Bottom