Do we keep Sam Madison? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we keep Sam Madison?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sam is having a very mediocre year this season. He has been burned numerous times and he just seems like he isn't the same guy he was years ago. He's going to be 30 next year, and it seems since 1998/1999 he's been going downhill.

Not to mention his salary is roughly $5,000,000 and I think it's going to be even more next year. If we trade him, I think we could get either a 2nd or a 3rd for him. We need the cap space to re-sign O-Gun anyway. We could pick up a CB with one of our later picks (4th or 5th) and let Buckley start next year. Hell, we could even move Freeman to CB.

If we trade away Madison, we'll have a lot more cap space to work with. We could sign a big time OL (Timmerman, Pace, Woody) with the extra money we'd be getting.

What do you guys think? Keep him, or trade him?

I may be in the minority, but I think Sam is having a good year. Of course he is going to get burned, our corners take chances, live and die by the sword.

He is not having a bad year by any means, he is finally really hitting people, he is making INT's, and he is doing a very good job, and has shut down some good WR. People need to back up off him, he has been catching hell since last year. But he did have a bad season last year.

Only way we get rid of him is if we find someone as good for cheaper or someone better before we do.

#1 madison is playing GREAT!

he had a bad game against the skins, but didn't get burned at all.

SM has been bured twice this season... how many times do teams throw his way? the TE, and slot WR are big for the teams we play.

i do like Keiwan Ratliff of Florida though.. this kid is a ball hawk.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Ratliff may be good, but we need to focus on oline first.

i will wait to the end of the season before i make that statement.

we have a LOT of young guys who've stepped up. and the REAL key to running the ball is ROB KONRAD! everytime RK has been healthy and playing RW goes over 100 yards.. thats the way it is. thats why ricky has been missing the long runs. he's been running without a FB.

besides oline can be taken care of in FA.

i would keep him, but restructuring his contract...that would save money..also i think he is having a solid year, people think he has had a mediocore season, but the fact is that he has three other guys that go for INTS, but he has really been tacklin people better... his speed has slowed down but he can still cover, but what i dont like about him is his stupid mistakes, in every game there is atleast one personal foul on him after the play.. he has to control that and stop making stupid mistakes cause that is fifteen yards that are very important for us.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

the REAL key to running the ball is ROB KONRAD! everytime RK has been healthy and playing RW goes over 100 yards.

I think it's much simplier than that. The key to 100yrds is giving ricky the ball 31 or more times. He's only had one 100 yard game with less than 31 carries....which makes sense 3.4 x 31 = 105.4. Give him the ball 31 times...you get 100 yards.

34-125
42-153
36-105
23-107
31-104

To get rid of Madison would be a huge mistake IMO. I'm sure when it comes time to restructing his contract, Sam will do the right thing to help out the team. Trade Madison and start Buckley (how old is Buckley) Hmmm.

We will not get someone better than Madison this offseason. We have to keep Madison, he is still one of the best corners in the league.

We wouldnt give ricky the ball 31 times each game cause he would run out very quick.. any back would..

Originally posted by dolfans1988
i would keep him, but restructuring his contract...that would save money..also i think he is having a solid year, people think he has had a mediocore season, but the fact is that he has three other guys that go for INTS, but he has really been tacklin people better... his speed has slowed down but he can still cover, but what i dont like about him is his stupid mistakes, in every game there is atleast one personal foul on him after the play.. he has to control that and stop making stupid mistakes cause that is fifteen yards that are very important for us.

:off topic sorry....but, that's about the sweetest pic I've seen...VERY nice job.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I may be in the minority, but I think Sam is having a good year. Of course he is going to get burned, our corners take chances, live and die by the sword.

He is not having a bad year by any means, he is finally really hitting people, he is making INT's, and he is doing a very good job, and has shut down some good WR. People need to back up off him, he has been catching hell since last year. But he did have a bad season last year.

I'm with you totally. This may well be Sam's BEST season in MY opinion. Never has he hit people like he has this year and many games he just flat out shuts down his man so we don't hear his name much. Sure he gives up a TD sometimes, but EVERY corner does once in a while.
I also agree that last year he had a bad season, in MY opinion it was his worst as a starter, which makes his rebound this year even much more satisfying.

Sam was not the one who got burned against the Redskins. That was Surtain!

Back
Top Bottom