Do we keep Sam Madison? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we keep Sam Madison?

Top 5 CBs in NFL include

Madison, Surtain, Bailey, Law.

The other one is a tossup between IMO Overrated C. Woodson, Aeneas Williams, and Troy Vincent

I would keep Sam. Maybe rework his deal. He has been solid. I think considering the lack of pressure we have had on oppossing QBs in some games, the DBs have done well.

Besides, I like him.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

CBs aren't expected to tackle 200+ RBs? What about the 200+ receivers that catch the ball? Tackling is the job of everyone on defense....Just like blocking is the job of everyone on offense...not just lineman.

200+ pound WRs aren't running at you at full speed like RBs are. The CBs job on running plays is containment & wait for help.

The other one is a tossup between IMO Overrated C. Woodson, Aeneas Williams, and Troy Vincent

Aeneas has been playing FS this year. Vincent, Woodson, Mike McKenzie, or Antoine Winfield would have my vote for #5.

madison

a few years ago i thought madison was the best corner in the league, and surtain still had a ways to go, but recently surtain has proven to be the future while madison struggles. if we trade him we will get something valuable but then again who replaces him?

We can't trade him. We would take a HUGE cap hit and get almost no cap savings in return. He is still a very solid CB. We must keep him. There isn't even a choice here.

ewwww.... tuff tuff pick... Sammy isn't exactly doing to good lately. And over 5mil god damn. and i back the ogun sign, and terrel and jamar are easily starting material. And then the ability to pick up a nice rookie, playing under buckley and surtain... bound to turn otu to be a great. And the names i saw there for OL scared me. I'm a HUGE madison fan, but maybe it is time ot let go.... :(

It's all going to depend on how much he wants WHEN we re-structure his deal. He's still a great cornerback and I definitely want him back but, we can't keep everyone.

and i agree sam is amazing.... but look at our D.... 2 best De's in league.... 2 best LB's in league.....1 of the best and another great DT, the other side has one of the best CB's, the best FS, an best SS... its not liek eh is a star player... we dont depend upon him. it wud be better to bring a rookie in now, and learn from this D, before they are all gone... and its a bunch of rookeis trying to learn from each other...

Originally posted by dolfans1988
i would keep him, but restructuring his contract...that would save money..also i think he is having a solid year, people think he has had a mediocore season, but the fact is that he has three other guys that go for INTS, but he has really been tacklin people better... his speed has slowed down but he can still cover, but what i dont like about him is his stupid mistakes, in every game there is atleast one personal foul on him after the play.. he has to control that and stop making stupid mistakes cause that is fifteen yards that are very important for us.

i agree w/ restructuring but i would also shop him to see what yo could get. a low first or top second would be cool, but if not, resturucture some serious cash. dude has made alot of money these past five years! dude should give it up. BTW, he has had a better year and has played well, but lately he has missed tackles and has slacked off a little. 5 million is not worth slacking over. there are good CB's in this league who will play for a hole lot less!

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I've personally never seen one.
Any tackle he makes looks like a Matador sidestepping to get out of the way of a bull. He always tries to step out of the way and arm tackle just like Deion Sanders did.

It's pathetic.

ROFL, that's the funniest thing I heard in a while. Give Sam Madison some slack he's been making some good stops for us this season and been getting those tough interceptions.

Originally posted by finfan54

i agree w/ restructuring but i would also shop him to see what yo could get. a low first or top second would be cool, but if not, resturucture some serious cash. dude has made alot of money these past five years! dude should give it up. BTW, he has had a better year and has played well, but lately he has missed tackles and has slacked off a little. 5 million is not worth slacking over. there are good CB's in this league who will play for a hole lot less!

If we don't have to make him to restructure I wouldn't because it'll only hurt us more in the long run if/when he's released or traded. The only person that has to restructure is Zach because of his huge $6M(or $8M, can't remember) roster bonus.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
and i agree sam is amazing.... but look at our D.... 2 best De's in league.... 2 best LB's in league.....1 of the best and another great DT, the other side has one of the best CB's, the best FS, an best SS...

Wow...sounds like the NFL all-pro defense is the miami dolphins defense. :lol:

WE CANNOT TRADE OR CUT MADISON. IT WOULD GIVE US
$6 MILLION IN DEAD CAP AND ONLY SAVE US ABOUT $1 MILLION.
NO POSSIBLE WAY IS IT WORTH IT. HE IS HERE NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!!!
A paycut would be his choice. Let's hope he is loyal to us.

Back
Top Bottom