Do we keep Sam Madison? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we keep Sam Madison?

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
You know what it was the Colts game, I remember now. I know it wasn't the pats or jags.

I thought it was the Titan game. I didn't see the game, but I saw the highlights. I went to the Colts game, so I know it wasn't that one.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I've personally never seen one.
Any tackle he makes looks like a Matador sidestepping to get out of the way of a bull. He always tries to step out of the way and arm tackle just like Deion Sanders did.

It's pathetic.
Do you watch the games hes had some big hits

I think Madison is playing really good this year. He has been making hits when stepping in to support the run. His INTs are also up, which I think is because opposing QBs are willing to test him after last year...Madison is one of the best guys...

I wish he would start dancing again, that was when he was the best! For those of you who have no clue what Im talking about, the Dophins played JT Money's CD before the defense would go onto the field, and everytime Madison seemed to dance and have fun, it seemed like there would be a INT or that the Offense would punt. Now, Seau and JT dance, but nothing out of Sam.

Madison is one of the best CBs in the biz...nuff said!

He is tough, just a little overpaid. He is our highest paid player next year making $8.038 million. It keeps going up a little each year all the way through 2007!!!! He needs to take a little bit of a paycut. I'm thinking about $1-1.5 a year!! $6.5-7 million a year fits his play a little better.

He is our second highest. Next year JT is the highest, but yes he does need to help the team out with a lesser salary.

Originally posted by Jaj
He is our second highest. Next year JT is the highest, but yes he does need to help the team out with a lesser salary.

No, actually Sam Madison will make $8.038 million
Jason Taylor will make $7.695

Madison is having a great year. He, Surtain, & Ogunleye have been the most consistent players on our defense all year. Madison is covering much better than Surtain & looking like his former self. Teams don't throw his way as much as they did last year & are throwing more at Surtain. This week vs the Cowboys they dropped back to pass 49 times, only one pass was at Madison. Madison is also too small & valuable to be tackle & throw his body around like a safety, so is Surtain & so was Deion. Now if you're some sorry CB that can't cover, like Baltimore's Chris McAlister, then you can tackle like a safety.

Originally posted by ShutDown23
I think it was the Giants game...Madison layed out Hilliard...

Yeah, & he laid out Mason or McCareins in the Titans game.

Originally posted by SMadison29
[B Madison is also too small & valuable to be tackle & throw his body around like a safety, so is Surtain & so was Deion. Now if you're some sorry CB that can't cover, like Baltimore's Chris McAlister, then you can tackle like a safety. [/B]

That's BS.

A football player is a football player.
Like it or not tackling is part of the game.
Deion Sanders was great in coverage but got burnt on MANY run plays his way because he was too damn scared to make a hit.
Madison is just like Deion on run support and tackling.
Surtain ALWAYS at least attempts to lay the wood when he tackles.
Surtain is SOLID in every aspect of his game.
Madison is good... no doubt
Just not good enough to match his mouth, ego and especially his salary.

That's BS.

Deion Sanders was great in coverage but got burnt on MANY run plays his way because he was too damn scared to make a hit.

You got it, lock stock and barrell. Sam is good - top 15 in the NFL Surtain may be top 5, Madison's production is only going to drop while his salary continues to rise.

He's obviously not worth what we pay now, he is the highest paid CB in the league and I believe there are a good 10 that are better, making alot less. Even if his production stays the same, we still take a major hit next season.

I hope he restructures his Contr. and man's the hell up on the run.

That's BS.

That's BS because you obviously haven't watched all of our games this year. Madison has laid the wood to anyone he can. At 185 lbs you can't expect him to tackle 200+ RBs that come his way, that's what LBs, dline, & safties are for. The CB's primary job is coverage, not run stuff.

I believe there are a good 10 that are better, making alot less.

I'm very interested in hearing your list. The top 4 CBs are Madison, Surtain, Bailey, & Law in any order. They are all in a class of their own.

Originally posted by SMadison29

At 185 lbs you can't expect him to tackle 200+ RBs that come his way, that's what LBs, dline, & safties are for. The CB's primary job is coverage, not run stuff.

CBs aren't expected to tackle 200+ RBs? What about the 200+ receivers that catch the ball? Tackling is the job of everyone on defense....Just like blocking is the job of everyone on offense...not just lineman.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Surtain may be top 5,

WOW! Surtain MAY be top FIVE? You're joking. Surtain is #1 without a doubt in my mind. Well, maybe Bailey is ahead, but it's Surtain-Bailey.

Back
Top Bottom