Do we need a youg LB next year ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need a youg LB next year ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
George Selvie. If we're going to draft a LB in the first round we need someone off the edge. Selvie is the best I seen this year. We probably wont be in position to draft him but if he's available we have to consider it. Edge pass rusher is more important IMO than CB and WR which are the next most important positions we need to get

We definately need an outside backer fairly early. I am pretty happy with Crowder but could use another solid guy beside him.

Not Maualuga or Lauranitais...in the games I have seen from them...they are both over-rated. Maualuga had the little guy from Oregon State run right by him a number of times...not impressed with either of them.

We need linebackers, both ILB and OLB. I wouldnt mind picking Michael johnson or George Selvie. Also, look for miami to show interest in Bart scott, Karlos Dansby, or terrel Suggs. Gonna be an interesting offseason in this year.

No I think we need a good young Linebacker, not just a young one.

A couple LB's will be in our draft plan I'm sure even if we pick up one in FA. WR and CB will be high on the list too I'm sure, this off-season will be the most important I believe. If we can get two or three key FA's and two or three solid draftee's I think we may be closer to competing next year then most would think.

I really believe missing out on Pace hurt our defense this year and our FO won't make that mistake again. If Suggs is on the open market I'd think he'd be our #1 target. Otherwise lets keep getting the Fasano's of the NFL and have a solid foundation that needs alittle upkeep here and there.

I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks

Its hard to say right now, anything can happen, a serious injury(knock on wood) someone could emerge that could turn out to be our future, but if we are going by right this second, without trying to zero in on a specific player (again anything can happen) I would say we will another another draft where we continue to build the foundation/defense. I would say 1.CB 2.G 2B.WR 3.LB

Looking further I would say year 3 is were we will have our playmaker draft. WR maybe two, TE, RB (Eventual replacement for the old man) :thumbup: and of course another Gaurd or tackle

I personally see the LB position as one of the huge weaknesses that we have on this team. I'm not a huge fan of Channing, Joey is getting old. We are going to have to address this problem though the draft and also through FA period. We need to get some faster LB's and some solid tacklers. We have the huge guys up front and we have to get the speed guys behind them to clean up the mess they leave.

We are going to have to go after a WR and a LB in the draft so whichever is the best we jump on them.

I personally see the LB position as one of the huge weaknesses that we have on this team. I'm not a huge fan of Channing, Joey is getting old. We are going to have to address this problem though the draft and also through FA period. We need to get some faster LB's and some solid tacklers. We have the huge guys up front and we have to get the speed guys behind them to clean up the mess they leave.

We are going to have to go after a WR and a LB in the draft so whichever is the best we jump on them.

I would agree with you 100 percent if we didnt have parcells as chief AND both our OL and DL was good/great. I just think this team continues to build from the the trenches out. I do believe they go after LB quick but not with our first two picks maybe our 2nd pick in the 2nd round.

We can also go FA for linebacker again. I really believe the next draft will be another non/flashy solid draft

If we hit on a solid offensive guard and grab a blue chip DT, our average receivers will look like they belong in the pro bowl.

Back
Top Bottom