Do we need a youg LB next year ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need a youg LB next year ?

Parcells builds from inside out and he has proven to know what he is doing.

I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks

Not necessarily, no. Joey Porter is showing us that he has at 'least' 2 or 3 more Pro Bowl type years. Then, Quentin Moses can eventually take over for Joey Porter when he feels ready to hang it up...

Other than that, maybe a LB in the 3rd or 4th round to contribute off the bench maybe, yeah.

Yes expect this position to be upgraded next along with CB/Safty and WR. We will get at least 2 LB and need ILB and OLB. They will let Crowder go. Our safties are injury prone and CB are getting older. I expect OLB in 1st round followed by CB, ILB, S as our first four picks and then WR in the fourth and then depth at all these postions. We are really 1 top outside WR away from being pretty good. We have a slew of OL young prospects. DL is in good shape. The LB is thin really and we need another impact in that area at least. The secondary is just injury prone period except Will Allen but he has some stone hands. We are good to go at the TE, QB position and looks like OL. So the offseason s FA should be LB, CB, WR and Safety positions barring any extra injuries

If we do go out and get another LB what are we going to do with Merling? Isnt that why we drafted him? OLB in 3-4 and DE in 4-3? Im sure Porter is staying, maybe put merling on the outside and draft a stud MLB to hold down the inside with Crowder?

We need linebackers, both ILB and OLB. I wouldnt mind picking Michael johnson or George Selvie. Also, look for miami to show interest in Bart scott, Karlos Dansby, or terrel Suggs. Gonna be an interesting offseason in this year.

Two minds thinking alike. I would love to bring in Bart Scott or Terrell Suggs even if we keep Porter. I think we should just tender Crowder and watch him turn into a pick in return from some other team (ie Jacksonville, Denver, Indy, or Tampa). He just isn't a playmaker, and the 3-4 is not his stong suit. I say that because I think we can really upgrade the talent level this year, for now and the future. But my number one pick for the Dolphins in terms of LBs doesn't come from OSU or USC, he comes from Wake. Aaron Curry. He is a 3-D LB. One that can play OLB or MLB, zone, run or cover RBs and TEs in man. We don't have a player like that at the position and we need one with RBs Lynch and Maroney and TEs Keller and Watson in our division. I'm sure they can find a way to get Porter, Adele, Curry and Suggs on the field at the same time. What was once a weakness would become a strength. Players like Torbor, Roth and Anderson could be rotated in for special situations and to give offenses different looks to contend with. Other players they should look at are Selvie, Rey M., James L., Brinkley, Bart Scott, Karlos Dansby or even Ray Lewis. But my front runner by far is Curry, he makes are defense dangerous with his flexibility.

Two minds thinking alike. I would love to bring in Bart Scott or Terrell Suggs even if we keep Porter. I think we should just tender Crowder and watch him turn into a pick in return from some other team (ie Jacksonville, Denver, Indy, or Tampa). He just isn't a playmaker, and the 3-4 is not his stong suit. I say that because I think we can really upgrade the talent level this year, for now and the future. But my number one pick for the Dolphins in terms of LBs doesn't come from OSU or USC, he comes from Wake. Aaron Curry. He is a 3-D LB. One that can play OLB or MLB, zone, run or cover RBs and TEs in man. We don't have a player like that at the position and we need one with RBs Lynch and Maroney and TEs Keller and Watson in our division. I'm sure they can find a way to get Porter, Adele, Curry and Suggs on the field at the same time. What was once a weakness would become a strength. Players like Torbor, Roth and Anderson could be rotated in for special situations and to give offenses different looks to contend with. Other players they should look at are Selvie, Rey M., James L., Brinkley, Bart Scott, Karlos Dansby or even Ray Lewis. But my front runner by far is Curry, he makes are defense dangerous with his flexibility.

This aaron curry, what position does he play? OLB or ILB? Cause if he plays ILB, he'd be a PERFECT fit on this team. And where is he projected to be picked?

Not necessarily, no. Joey Porter is showing us that he has at 'least' 2 or 3 more Pro Bowl type years. Then, Quentin Moses can eventually take over for Joey Porter when he feels ready to hang it up...

Other than that, maybe a LB in the 3rd or 4th round to contribute off the bench maybe, yeah.

I like Porter but I just can't see him putting up 2 or 3 more Pro Bowl type years. I'll be happy with one of those.

And what's up with all of these astronomical projections for Quentin Moses? This guy has never done anything at the NFL level.

If we do go out and get another LB what are we going to do with Merling? Isnt that why we drafted him? OLB in 3-4 and DE in 4-3? Im sure Porter is staying, maybe put merling on the outside and draft a stud MLB to hold down the inside with Crowder?

Merling is playing defensive end in the 3-4. It's unlikely that we'll see him slim down to play outside linebacker. Players usually gain weight as they age. They don't get lighter.

I could see him standing up in situational spots, though, just to mix things up.

whether we have to move up or down in the draft...Brian Cushing is the perfect choice

Arrelious Benn is a true Sophomore so he won't eligible until the 2010 Draft if he should declare then.

WE CAN GET HAKEEM NICKS WR FROM UNC anywhere from round 2 on down.

JUST YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHTS OF HIM IN ACTION VERSUS THE U YESTERDAY.

I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks

I look at LB's as something that can be had in later rounds without losing much talent, much like RB's I'm not sure what position is a necessity, perhaps CB? depending on our draft position it looks as though CB's are relatively top heavy in this draft.

all speculation and IMO

i certainly wouldn't be opposed to picking a LB in rd 1 next year, be it outside or inside. it all depends on free agency though. if for some odd reason we were to be able to sign Asomugha and Suggs, (a man can dream, right?) WR wouldn't be a bad option either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt11390
According to your title, Doos you need to learn to spell? Just kidding
clear.gif

I think we are good with the guys we have and LB should be lower on the priority in next year's draft.

way to knock someone who's first language isn't english, read his sig before you make yourself look foolish.

typically when people are/have unintelligent, a bad social life, lose to people on the internet in points, they fall back to attacking typos or grammar errors while still understanding the text that was present. Just a defensive mechainsm for the stupid. They need a lil ego boost instead of replying to the topic directly, so they attack.

=)

we dont need a solid draft we need a spectacular draft for a change.
this crap of dafting olinmen is old. we need 2 wr's one more te, and 2 dt's and 2 cb's the other posistions can be fixed in free agency.

here is our real needs.
#1 wr
#2 2 cb's
#3 1 te
#4 2 defensive tackles

:up:
#5 another wr

Yes it is getting old, but good news we have someone that can actually draft good linemen, as much as i would love a draft like yours with our offensive and defensive lines the way they are today we will end up with
1) everyone calling our new WR a reach because at best he only had 500 yards receiving
2) With our ageing DT our new cb will have 5 times the pressure on him making him look- well average
3) Our new te will no way be good as the one we have now
4) its a little too late to get a blue chip DT
5) a receiver taken here will be on the practice squad for a year (if lucky) and then trying out for the ravens next

Back
Top Bottom