Do we need a youg LB next year ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need a youg LB next year ?

To answer your question, yes we need one. But I would say we do not get one until 2b or 3rd round. As of now, here are our offseason needs:

True #1 receiver through FA (R. Williams or TJ)
Corner to replace Goodman
Young stud OLB to develop
Big NT to develop (Solia not enough with Ferguson getting up there in age)
Another WR through the draft 2-4th rd (Hagan or Wilford, or both will be gone next year)

To answer your question, yes we need one. But I would say we do not get one until 2b or 3rd round. As of now, here are our offseason needs:

True #1 receiver through FA (R. Williams or TJ)
Corner to replace Goodman
Young stud OLB to develop
Big NT to develop (Solia not enough with Ferguson getting up there in age)
Another WR through the draft 2-4th rd (Hagan or Wilford, or both will be gone next year)

I kind of agree with you but the position I think we should spend on Roy Williams(lions cant keep two high paid receivers) /Nmandi Asomugha( if raiders dont tag him).

In the draft we should go defense throughout (RoyW,Ginn,Bess,Camarillo, TE are enough).

1) OLB
2) ILB
2) FS(Jason Allen is switching to corner, I am hoping he turnsout to be our Nmandi who went to the same situation).
3) NT
4) OLB
5) CB
with the should draft depth on offense.

well. if we are in position, we should grab maualuga. if not. selvie would look good chasing qbs.

however. we should infuse some serious youth into this defense.

I kind of agree with you but the position I think we should spend on Roy Williams(lions cant keep two high paid receivers) /Nmandi Asomugha( if raiders dont tag him).

In the draft we should go defense throughout (RoyW,Ginn,Bess,Camarillo, TE are enough).

1) OLB
2) ILB
2) FS(Jason Allen is switching to corner, I am hoping he turnsout to be our Nmandi who went to the same situation).
3) NT
4) OLB
5) CB
with the should draft depth on offense.

Good point, I just think that Ireland, Parcells, and Sparano will want a proven #1 WR. I think that is more of a need through FA, where we can probably draft a CB. I love Asamugha, but think his pricetag will be too high. I would be concerned for our future cap if we would sign 2 high profile FA that will be getting 8-10 million per year.

Benn, Crabtree, or even Derrick Williams wouldn't be bad pickups in the draft if we don't get Maualuga.

I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks

According to your title, Doos you need to learn to spell? Just kidding:sidelol:
I think we are good with the guys we have and LB should be lower on the priority in next year's draft.

I think it really depends on what we do with Crowder. The early rumblings are that Crowder wants to test free agency, so MLB may be a spot that we fill early. I also think OLB will be a spot we take early as well, but CB is another major concern. Man, the good thing though is that I have CONFIDENCE in our draft with Parcells, Ireland and Sparano leading the show. It's early but the returns from this past draft and undrafted free agent class has been better than anything we've seen in a LONG time.

do we need a few good linebackers? yes!!! we definately need some. as well as a good corner. or two. some wideouts would be good also.

but dont forget folks. our trenches need more work. whats sateles future hold. center or guard? we need at least a good guard. is thomas able to come back? depth at tackle.

point is dont get so wrapped up in what we want. we must aquire a young goliath to clog the middle at nose tackle.

weve said for years, that we need trenches. we finally got some folks in charge who believe the same. i dont think there gonna stop building the foundation to begin the house.

me personally. i want maualuga. but if theres a nose or guard available, after maualuga or selvie, cushing. lets get em. we must finish the base.

wideouts. dbs. whatever. we need everything. should we get these guys? sure. but lets not get so far ahead of the progress weve made, that we forget the remaining work thats left to do.

Benn, Crabtree, or even Derrick Williams wouldn't be bad pickups in the draft if we don't get Maualuga.
the reciver from north carolina tate ...i would take him in round two

I mean, do you think we need to draft up a solid LB with a first or second rouder (maualuga,cushing,brinkley,laurinaitis,brinkley) or do you thinks we could go one more year, next year too with porter, roth anderson, crowder and ayodele.

Opinions, and if you think we must go LB, who is your favorite (ILB or OLB) and why ?

thanks
Do we need to draft a LB in the 1st or 2nd round...no. Should we...maybe. I'm waiting to see how Merling comes around later in the year and to see if the coaches faith in Charlie Anderson is justified. We have some youth at LB with Roth, Moses, Anderson, Merling (if he moves to OLB), and Crowder all with 5 years or less of experience. However if we can upgrade the position, why not. Parcells and Young drafted Carl Banks when they already had one of the better LB corp with the NY Giants.
The 3-4 defense requires a different type of LB than the 4-3 so you can also look at DE/OLB "tweeners" as candidates to be drafted.

Besides the one everyone has said, I like Georgia Tech's Michael Johnson. The athletic 6-7 260 lb DE who runs somewhere in the 4.7 range in the 40.

I know that some of you will resent me for saying this, but how about if we wait until the end of the season to debate this?

We can't possibly predict how the current group of LBs, CBs, and WRs will pan out. There could be guys that you're discounting now who will end up being solid starters by year's end.

I know that some of you will resent me for saying this, but how about if we wait until the end of the season to debate this?

We can't possibly predict how the current group of LBs, CBs, and WRs will pan out. There could be guys that you're discounting now who will end up being solid starters by year's end.

I agree with u on LB but CB and Wr its obvious we have a lack of talent to even the casual fan.

Back
Top Bottom