Do we need a youg LB next year ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need a youg LB next year ?

According to your title, Doos you need to learn to spell? Just kidding:sidelol:
I think we are good with the guys we have and LB should be lower on the priority in next year's draft.

way to knock someone who's first language isn't english, read his sig before you make yourself look foolish.

Suggs would be a nice pick up in FA. I really like Mualaluga. James Luarianitus seems to disappear on running plays though, something you know BP will put a red flag on.

Mualaluga though is the prototypical MLB of today's game. He reminds me a lot of a guy like Ray Lewis at his younger age. He would be a nice pick.

I think guard is also a position of need if the injury to Thomas has any long term effects. WR and DB are defintely areas where we need to improve on also.

It's way too early though, I'm sure that more problems will arise before next April, and others maybe, (hopefully), dissapear.

I kind of agree with you but the position I think we should spend on Roy Williams(lions cant keep two high paid receivers) /Nmandi Asomugha( if raiders dont tag him).

In the draft we should go defense throughout (RoyW,Ginn,Bess,Camarillo, TE are enough).

1) OLB
2) ILB
2) FS(Jason Allen is switching to corner, I am hoping he turnsout to be our Nmandi who went to the same situation).
3) NT
4) OLB
5) CB
with the should draft depth on offense.

Even with Roy Williams we need more at receiver. As for corner its way ahead in priority.

I agree with u on LB but CB and Wr its obvious we have a lack of talent to even the casual fan.

I agree with that assessment after 3 games, but I may not after 16 games.

And I'll tell you why...

I still think that Lehan can be a legitimate starter at CB when healthy.

I'm not ready to give up on Ted Ginn as a legitimate starter.

I believe that Bess can be a legitimate starter in the slot.

I think that despite his lack of pedigree, Camarillo can contribute consistently at the NFL level.

That said, I still see us drafting players at the CB and WR position, even if these guys do end up coming through.

I agree with that assessment after 3 games, but I may not after 16 games.

And I'll tell you why...

I still think that Lehan can be a legitimate starter at CB when healthy.

I'm not ready to give up on Ted Ginn as a legitimate starter.

I believe that Bess can be a legitimate starter in the slot.

I think that despite his lack of pedigree, Camarillo can contribute consistently at the NFL level.

That said, I still see us drafting players at the CB and WR position, even if these guys do end up coming through.

Well in the immortal words of Dennis Green these people are exactly who we thought they were. I think Lehan can be servicable and Ginn a solid player but beyond that these are not a talented lot. Ginn is struggling to get yardage because they know he is the only danger at Wr.

We don't even know if Crowder will re-sign with the Dolphins, or for that matter, if they will even want to sign him. One thing is for sure, even if he has a so so year, his price is going way up.

Adele is as good as he is going to get right now.

Yes we defintely need to draft a ILB.

Jason Phillips could be the next ZT and is probably a better foootball player than the guys rated ahead of him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33700&draftyear=2009&genpos=ILB

This guy with a 3rd or 4th may be a steal.

We don't even know if Crowder will re-sign with the Dolphins, or for that matter, if they will even want to sign him. One thing is for sure, even if he has a so so year, his price is going way up.

Adele is as good as he is going to get right now.

Yes we defintely need to draft a ILB.

Jason Phillips could be the next ZT and is probably a better foootball player than the guys rated ahead of him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33700&draftyear=2009&genpos=ILB

This guy with a 3rd or 4th may be a steal.

We should resign Crowder, he has more potenial than any linebacker on this team and has been a solid player.

Well in the immortal words of Dennis Green these people are exactly who we thought they were. I think Lehan can be servicable and Ginn a solid player but beyond that these are not a talented lot. Ginn is struggling to get yardage because they know he is the only danger at Wr.

I agree with most of what you're saying in this thread, but as I mentioned, the nice thing about football is that you have 16 games to prove your worth. Therefore, there's no need to come to any hasty conclusions on some of these players.

Parcells and company have the luxury of waiting until the end of the season to evaluate where or not these player are "what they thought they were"

First round is going to be a tough decison. If the Trifecta goes LB I think Selvie. But it's hard to overlook the Secondary and there are several choices perhaps in the top ten. Melvin Jenkins, Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays. Also, if Crabtree comes out do you try and get him?

I agree with u on LB but CB and Wr its obvious we have a lack of talent to even the casual fan.

Couldn't agree with you more. Maybe we get to the point where the current DB's and WR's are servicable, but we will need an upgrade if we looking for championship quality. We absolutely need a threat at WR in order to open up the field. Running space will continue to be tight until we get a legitamate number 1. Maybe Ginn will show something if he's not our only deep threat.

The secondary has a couple guys worth keeping but we are in desperate need for a ballhawk. Allen is a terrific cover guy but has hands of stone. It's continually frustrating watching our guys drop interceptions never mind the non-keepers that have cost us games by missing assignments and giving up big plays.

Many of you seem to have an eye on Maualuga...it is early in the season, but lets see how he plays the rest of the year. He had a "less than stellar" performance against Oregon State. Against OSU, he did have a "gim'me" TD return for a touchdown, but he also missed a number of tackles and was terrible for the most part in coverage. I watched USC specifically to see Maualuga...(and Lauranaitis/Jenkins for OSU)...and I was not impressed.

Benn, Crabtree, or even Derrick Williams wouldn't be bad pickups in the draft if we don't get Maualuga.

I think Benn is a sophomore...I am not sure he is eligible for the draft...anyone know for sure???

I would agree with you 100 percent if we didnt have parcells as chief AND both our OL and DL was good/great. I just think this team continues to build from the the trenches out. I do believe they go after LB quick but not with our first two picks maybe our 2nd pick in the 2nd round.

We can also go FA for linebacker again. I really believe the next draft will be another non/flashy solid draft

If we hit on a solid offensive guard and grab a blue chip DT, our average receivers will look like they belong in the pro bowl.

we dont need a solid draft we need a spectacular draft for a change.
this crap of dafting olinmen is old. we need 2 wr's one more te, and 2 dt's and 2 cb's the other posistions can be fixed in free agency.

here is our real needs.
#1 wr
#2 2 cb's
#3 1 te
#4 2 defensive tackles

:up:
#5 another wr

we dont need a solid draft we need a spectacular draft for a change.
this crap of dafting olinmen is old. we need 2 wr's one more te, and 2 dt's and 2 cb's the other posistions can be fixed in free agency.

here is our real needs.
#1 wr
#2 2 cb's
#3 1 te
#4 2 defensive tackles

:up:
#5 another wr

taking a wr in the first round is just gross, i think the dolphins may have a good chance competing next year if we pick up T.J. or Williams as FA's...We also have some cap room, im not sure how much, but if we have enough left over i say go after the cb finnegan from the Titans...i wouldnt mind picking up a wr with our 3rd overall pick though...as for our no. 1 i would go with a linebacker...2nd pick overall i would lean towards a cb...this is just my opinion of course, but i see the phins picking up a no. 1 wr and not needing to draft one early on

Back
Top Bottom