do you consider NE AS BIG a rival as buffalo or NY? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do you consider NE AS BIG a rival as buffalo or NY?

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
I hate the Pats more than the Jets and the Bills put together. Fact is we HAVE NEVER (at least in the 80's, 90's and 00's) BEATEN THE PATS IN A BIG GAME FOR BOTH TEAMS. NEVER EVER NEVER. Everytime we have a big game with New England were it counts for both teams they beat us. We have NEVER BEATEN THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS IN A PLAYOFF GAME EITHER. Sorry to yell but this being from NE this frustrates me. I hear it all the time and those of you who don't think Pats fans are annoying just haven't spent enough time with them. TRUST ME...,

Don't forget the SNOW PLOW Game:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you consider NE AS BIG a rival as buffalo or NY?

As of now, no.

Originally posted by Sherif
For the tri fecta in the Playoffs they seemed to have our snap count and frustrated Marino all game. I'd never seen the Dolphins offense so enept. That year Shula was fired and Marino was never the same.

I think that season was Jimmys 2nd year as coach, and if I remember correctly they played the Pats on a Monday night the week before and got screwed out of a 2 point play that cost them the game.

When I was a youngster, I covered my dartboard with a Jets pennant I won at Chucky Cheese. When I got older, I began to encounter Bills Fan and came to loathe the Bills with a passion that approached my hatred for the Jets. (In fact, for those of you who remember Jim Kelly suffering that knee injury in the playoffs against Pittsburgh, I wished a broken leg on him an hour earlier.)

If I cared about New England any less, I'd support moving them out of the division and bringing the Colts back.

I hated the Bills all through the 90's mainly because I live in Bills country and had to listen to their crap every day during FB season, even had to sit on a plane full of Bills fans on the way home from the AFC championship game in 92 that was torture.

The Jets as far back as I can remember no matter how bad they were and how good the Fins were would find a way to play their best game agains the Fins, Kenny O'brien could always find a way to play his a$$ off in those games, and lets not forget the games Richard Todd had against the Fins either.

Overall as much as the Bills rivalry was harder for me at least they were a good team when they were winning, that damn streak that the Jets had really sucked more because I don't think at any point did they have the better team.

So what the hell I hate them both :D

Ne has been like the little annoying kid, always popping up to cause trouble at the worst times, do you remember the year Marino went down and the Fins went into the last game needing a win to make the playoffs?? Guess who that was against again, the Pats sucked that year (I think it was Drews rookie season) But of course they found a way of winning the game and knocking the Fins out of the playoffs again. I can still see Bledsoe throwing that TD pass in OT.

ARRRGHH with all this rivalry talk I'm ready for the season to start now.:evil:

As far as Bills fans go, The Dolphins and Pats rank 1A 1B followed by the Jets

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
When I was a youngster, I covered my dartboard with a Jets pennant I won at Chucky Cheese. When I got older, I began to encounter Bills Fan and came to loathe the Bills with a passion that approached my hatred for the Jets. (In fact, for those of you who remember Jim Kelly suffering that knee injury in the playoffs against Pittsburgh, I wished a broken leg on him an hour earlier.)

If I cared about New England any less, I'd support moving them out of the division and bringing the Colts back.

we also got screwed out of a fumble return for a TD. referees called the patriot's knee down and didnt reverse it, it was all over the newspaper the next day...one of the worst jobs of officiating I HAVE EVER SEEN, and there have been plenty

There is NO other team in this league that I despise more than the wildebeest !!!!!!!!! The Patsies and Jest are just divisional rival hatred ...... :cap: :D Marino1983

I personally think that Pats fans rank right up there with Bills and Jets fans. Every Pats fan I know up here in NE hates the Fins much more than any other team in the league. Their fans are ****y, arrogant and a bunch of drunks. Trust me, once you live amongst them they are much worse than they appear...

Originally posted by kasaba13
I personally think that Pats fans rank right up there with Bills and Jets fans. Every Pats fan I know up here in NE hates the Fins much more than any other team in the league. Their fans are ****y, arrogant and a bunch of drunks. Trust me, once you live amongst them they are much worse than they appear...

I like it how the fans of every team in our division hate the Fins the most. It is pretty pathetic when a fan base considers you as their main rival but their rivals don't consider you as their main rival.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

It is pretty pathetic when a fan base considers you as their main rival but their rivals don't consider you as their main rival.

that is so true.

Bills/Dolphins is no doubt the main rivalry in the AFC East. That's why miami stayed and the colts left. You'd be in the AFC south otherwise.

I hate the 49ers more than I hate the Dolphins. But, finishing 8-8 and beating the Dolphins twice, makes the mediocre season much more bearable.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
(In fact, for those of you who remember Jim Kelly suffering that knee injury in the playoffs against Pittsburgh, I wished a broken leg on him an hour earlier.)

Classy :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by justafan

Classy :rolleyes:

Yea wishing injury on any player really isn't cool. Besides wasn't the game Kelly got hurt in the final game against the Oilers, I don't even think he played against the Steelers in the Playoffs, his firs game back was against the Fins in the AFC championship game :cry:.

While we are on the subnect a bar here in Rochester had a offer out for the Cowboys/Bills SB. If Kelly got hurt it was open bar for the rest of the game. I bet they won't do that gain LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom