Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

Let me ask you?

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I am not a big fan of Jay. i think he is the reason that the Dolphin wont win a superbowl till he is gone. and i dont want to hear the crap that he had a bad season last year because he had no running game, and a o line. bc the year before we did have a running game and a good o line a he still threw only 14 td and 14 ints and 8 ints in two playoff games! i think if he has the same season he did in his frist to years a QB he should not start at QB in 03! what does every 1 think?

... what do you think was the reason the Dolphins couldn't win a title for 17-years when Marino was here?

Oliver...

Re: Let me ask you?

Originally posted by Oliver

... what do you think was the reason the Dolphins couldn't win a title for 17-years when Marino was here?

Oliver...
its simple as far as i'm concerned. when we had defense, we had no offense, and vice-versa!

Re: Re: Let me ask you?

Originally posted by dolfan06
its simple as far as i'm concerned. when we had defense, we had no offense, and vice-versa!

Not quite so simple. With Marino we could never have a running game because Marino telegraphed handoffs so everyone had a step on the RB. Plus Marino's arm was just so damn good it was overrelied on week in and week out. We could have a RB with Marino who would rush for 100 yds in a game but we would still expect Marino to air it out.

My view is Jay owns this team for this season.

DCH's update suggesting Cade McNown has a real shot at number two this year may have implications for the following season, as will our presence in Pasadena or not.

I'm not looking for spectacular numbers from him this season either, one would hope that RW34 will live up to the hype and provide 50% or more of the offensive gains.

But in close games, as last season, I think he can make a real difference.He has the confidence of his peers so the boo boys have no effect on him. I think he'll earn even more friend this season, particulary if he follows the late season pattern of avoiding INT's through better decision making.

Go Aqua and Orange!!:evil:

Fiedler is an average QB surronded by good WRs to make him look a little better than what he actually is.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Fiedler is an average QB surronded by good WRs to make him look a little better than what he actually is.

That line got old when we had absolutely no running game all year long.

ice, that is bull. Even last year, Fiedler's wide receivers weren't very good. Just better than years past. Gadsden was always hurt and couldn't get downfield, McKnight couldn't catch the damn ball, and Ward hardly played. We also didn't have a very good TE in Weaver. Yes, Chambers was good, but he wasn't Pro Bowl caliber. He was a rookie and you can't expect rookies to always step up. It just so happens that at the beginning of the season, when Chambers wasn't playing so well, Fiedler also had awful numbers. Now I wonder why that could be? Could it be that the only receiver he could rely on was Chambers? And when Chambers didn't have a very good day, Jay didn't as well? Our receiving corps wasn't great last year, just solid. It will be the same this year. If we do sign CC Sr. then it will be better, but it still won't be great. CC Sr. will help in the red-zone but he still will not start every down I believe. Add in the fact last year that we either had to throw it 3 downs in a row or punt the ball, and you don't get a good combination. The only team that can throw it every down if they had too would be the Rams. And we are not the Rams. Even with RW we aren't the Rams.

Even if Jay's numbers don't drastically get better. He will still start for this team next year. I don't care about the draft class. You don't sign a guy to a big deal just so he can be a bench-warmer the next year. He has the qualities of a pro QB, some smarts, some legs, an alright arm, and most importantly the heart and desire to win. And he will settle for nothing less. You know what pisses him off more after a crummy game? Not the fact that the fans booed him in the first quarter, but the fact that he feels he lost the game no matter if the team scored 50 points or 0 points.

win or lose, fiedler will start.........

this year and next., but that was why the contract was written the way it was. if he doesn't get the job done, the fins aren't tied to anything and have lost very little. i myself feel that with a running game fiedler will excel. upon occasion he has shown he has a pretty fair arm, granted the decision making was not the best, but then again we are used to marino! (early years) :rolleyes:

As all of you know, we've won two Super Bowls. These are Griese's #s from those two years:

G-S 6-5
Att. 97
Comp. 53
Yds. 638
Pct. 54.6
TD 4
Int 4

G-S 13-13
Att. 218
Comp. 116
Yds. 1422
Pct. 53.2
TD 17
Int 8

----

I just want us to win the Super Bowl. If Jay puts up numbers like the above and we win the Super Bowl, I'm happy.

lets not forget.............

the superbowl win in 72, it wasn't griese that got us there. it was an unknown QB named earl morrall. shula's decision to let griese come back in the final game after being out the last part of the season and the playoffs was questioned, to say the least!;)

Re: lets not forget.............

Our team as a collective unit got us there.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Jay has to have a 4000 yd season and a 1.5 : 1 touchdown/interception or he won't be the starter next season. Especially if Chris Carter signs and McMicheal turns in a solid rookie performance. He will have no excuses. He will have a pro bowl caliber RB, 2 star WR's (if CC signs), A solid slot reciever in Orende and a burner in Mcknight and one of the best offensive minds in the game in Turner. If he meets my requirements then he will be a starter next year. Either way I think we will take a QB in either the 1st/2nd round next year (depending on where ricky's pick lands) just because that class of QB next year could rival the class of 83 if the underclassmen come out. We will draft one regardless just because we will be tight under the cap and being able to cut Jay in 2004 will save us a bundle compared to a rookie/2nd year QB.
All those req'ts are meaningless if we cannot run (because our OL sucks again) and we cannot stop the run (i.e. playoffs 2001). If RW has a great year like he did last year and Chester, JT, Tim Bo and DG play all year and shut down the run, then Jay has no excuses.

Re: Re: Let me ask you?

Originally posted by dolfan06

Which goes to show us that a QB is only one cog on a team, he does not win games by himself. The team Fiedler is on has some much better weapons this year.........lets see how he fares

Re: Re: Re: Let me ask you?

Originally posted by Ozzy

Which goes to show us that a QB is only one cog on a team, he does not win games by himself. The team Fiedler is on has some much better weapons this year.........lets see how he fares
good grief Oz.........., i wish everybody could see that. the fins had marino, the best QB in the league, but had no support! IT TAKES A"TEAM" EFFORT FOLKS!:D ;)

Back
Top Bottom