Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

He is good enough to win a SB

Jay had led us to two straight 11-5 records. The first was with a mediocre running game that barely passed the 1000 yard mark and the second was with a poor running game that didn't even reach the 1000 yard mark.

Remember that we are a run first, pass second offense. We were really never able to run first successfully and so Jay was asked to to a lot more. Now that we have Ricky, and that our offensive line will be healthly again (keep those fingers crossed), we will be able to run the ball. This takes the pressure off Jay. He will be a lot better QB this year for that reason alone.

We can win a Super Bowl with Jay. If you want to worry about something then worry about OL and TE. The OL needs to get healthy and the TE position is up for grabs.

Phins Phan

i'll never understand why,

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Well it was hard not to notice. He might as well have shouted "it's going to the RB folks".
in that AFC divisional playoff game with the chargers, at the end of the 94 season, with marino's quick release, why they chose to run the ball out of the endzone. the running game had been a bust the whole day, and they try to get a RB to pick up yardage from 3 yds into his own endzone! sems like a slant would have been a better call!:yell: :evil:

Ice.....

Dorsey is an average QB with good talent around him, but you seem to love that cat. Fiedler is a good, solid QB who is on the way up to the top of his learning curve.

Oline last year: Bottom 5 in the league.
WRs last year: Average at best.
TEs: What TEs?
RBs: Average to below average.

What did he have to work with?

Fiedler is above average and our wideouts were at best inconsistant..No oline or running game ....Its a friggin MIRICLE that Jay got us 11 wins! Ive pointed out Jays strengths many times and dont care to do it again ...Bottom line is Jay will be here for at least (probably) 2 years ...the contract was written to give him this or next year to deliver the motherload after that its bye bye!! Also anybody that wants to pin thier future on a collage qb let me bring you some names to remember Ryan Leaf,Akili Smith,our own Cade Mcknown...just to name a few Hell even the supposed better drafted qb's Like payton manning suffered worse than Fiedler so lets get behind this guy and give him the support that is due to hardworking and gutsy players like him!

Jay Feidler will be our starting Qb for at least the next two years.......he will prove the naysayers wrong...........watch and see..........hear me ice?

Where in the H*** """

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I will tell you who are Qb should be in 04 if fedlier has a bad year. we should either draft ken dorsey or e manning. or give cade a chance to prove him self fedlier just doesnt do it for me i dont see why most dolphins fans think he is good. in his first to years a a phine he has thrown over 40 ints including the post season. he just cant beat the good teams look at all the teams we have lost to this year. ram san fran, pats,jets, all playoff teams. i dont care if fedlier leaders 4 quarter come backs. its his fault we are down in the first place. he blows all the important game this year jets. phins on the jets 9 yard line fedlier drops back to pass int!! he can not win important games and agianst good teams this year and last year prove it! i will never except him as the dolphins Qb!

dolfan... fedlier did throw 8ints in two playoof game 4 vs. the colts. and 4 vs the raiders.
do you get your inf from ? I watched every Phin game last year and I think that before you can blame Jay for a loss -- you better look at the whole picture !!! The OL was in disaray after Spriggs went down but after Dixon was injured Fiedler was basicly running for his life in over 75 to 80% of the offensive plays. L Smith has to carry some of the blame too, he was (at times) too hesitant when he started forward and he was almost to the point of indecisiveness every time the ball was handed to him. The WR's dropped alot of passes that they should have caught "ie" McKnight let that 4th down pass hit him in the helmet against the Ravens!! And C Gailey has some accountability in the problems on the offensive side of the ball last season. There is absolutely no reason that anyone can sanely accuse Fiedler of creating all the problems that the Dolphins offense experienced last season !! If you do not like J Fiedler -- that is one thing but at least give him same support (if you are a real Dolphins fan) that you would give Marino if he was still playing ...:yell: :rolleyes: Marino1983

Dorsey has lots of talent and has lots of talent around him, which is why he will win the Heisman. :)

No doubt he has a hell of a good shot at the Heisman, and I hope he does win it....BUT Danny Wuerfell had a lot of talent around him too and won that very award.

College production does not translate into NFL production.

I've seen Dorsey play in real life, and I've seen Jay play in real life.

Jay is better.

I'm still a big Dorsey fan though :p

Jay Fiedler is a below average talent with average stats because he has receivers that can make the spectacular grab look routine.

Before you go on about the receivers, ask yourself how often you saw a Dolphins receiver hit in stride vs how often they either had to fight with a DB to make the catch, dive for the ball, or leap and make a one handed grab on the ball?

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I've seen Dorsey play in real life, and I've seen Jay play in real life.

Jay is better.

I'm still a big Dorsey fan though :p

Jay is better? Please. Dorsey's arm is better and more accurate.

Jay has a stronger arm than Dorsey, that's for sure.

Great, now I got two Fiedler-bashers working against me now =/

You also have several fans at the Heat game that booed when Fiedler's face was put up on the big screen, not once, but twice.+

As far as comparing Fiedler and Dorsey, there really isn't much of a difference. Fiedler is a pumped up Steve Walsh whereas Dorsey is a 6-5 Steve Walsh.

Personaly, the guy I'm rooting for two years down the road is Tim Levcik. 6-6, 230 lbs, very strong arm. Classic drop back style passer, which is the type of QB I like.

You and I both know that Fiedler is better than Steve Walsh. ;)

Big difference between Fiedler and Dorsey - mobility.

Hell, Dorsey is built like me for heavens sakes, at least Fiedler is built like a real QB.

We need a good line if we are going to have a Drew Bledsoe (Tim Levcik) on our team.

Even most Fiedler bashers on this board agree that him being booed at the Heat game was very uncalled for.

Back
Top Bottom