Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs?

Do you think Miami deserves to be in the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
So given how fickle everyone has been with this team throughout the year, I have to ask. Do you think, if Miami can make the playoffs, do they deserve to be there?

I mean for the past few weeks we have seen MANY people call for Gase's head on a platter. Of course Tannehill is a fault for one thing or another. And Burke is the devil incarnate. But after the win on Sunday you would think no one doubted this team all during the year.

Don't get me wrong. I know there is the argument that so long as they are in the playoffs they belong there and anything can happen in the playoffs. But we all know that there are teams who get in every year that don't belong there just due to how the seeding works in the NFL. And given how inconsistent Miami has been this year it is not hard to imagine they would be one of the teams that would get in due to the way the NFL places teams in the playoffs.

So what do you think. If they get in, do they deserve to be there?

Teams have 16 games to win enough times to make it. If the Dolphins have a better record than the Titans/Ravens/Colts they deserve to make it even with our deficiencies in certain spots.

Dolphins, if they make it, won't be getting in due to winning a weak division. They'll be making it as a wildcard team where it's a free for all.

The NFC wildcard teams are the ones that should be worried about who "deserves" to be in the playoffs. With one .500 team and four or more teams with current losing records fighting for the last spot, they are looking at who can back into the playoffs and be the sacrificial lambs in the wildcard round.

If the Dolphins can end up 9-7, they will have a good chance at the wildcard. There will be 10 other AFC teams wishing they had a chance to extend their season by at least another week and have a shot.

The question answers itself. If they get in, they deserve to be there.

My fundamental belief is you deserve what you get in this life, with some exceptions. None of those exceptions exist in competitive sports.

They are too inconsistent. I smell a blowout first round loss if we somehow sneak in. This thought is poop though if we win out or lose 1 but that's a pipe dream.

I will say that I understand there isn't a team in the league without a starter on IR but seeing as this team has as many as it does on IR and are still competing playing meaningful December games what more can I ask for? They absolutely deserve it

Heck yea they deserve it. I’ve been mocked for weeks posting about it like being a fan on the road. I refuse to give up until we are officially eliminated.

Absolutely not. This team cant stay healthy and isn't consistent enough to be a serious contender in the playoffs, let alone make it there.

If we get in, we would have deserved the honor. It will take winning 6/6 or 5/6 games to make the playoffs. Getting hot at the right time has won many of Superbowls over the years. We have beaten the Patriots and the Bears (also Titans) who are strong playoff teams. If we remain relatively healthy (also get X back) the rest of the way we could surprise 1-2 teams in the playoffs.

What is deserving? They have been outscored by 55 points this year, but tenn and buf made it last year with a negative point differential.

Even if the dolphins make the playoffs the best they could do would be to win 1 game as they have almost no shot of making the afc champ or super bowl.

As it is, they still have a lot of work to even make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom