Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs?

Do you think Miami deserves to be in the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, who belongs in the playoffs? The top six teams in the AFC. Or rather, the best team in each division, plus the two best teams that aren't division winners.

So obviously the teams that clearly belong in the playoffs are:

1. New England
2. Houston
3. Kansas City or San Diego (probably Kansas City)
4. AFC North Winner

5. Kansas City or San Diego (probably San Diego)

And then that sixth seed that Miami is competing for, who's looking at that?

Indianapolis - Miami played them to the wire and most of us felt that we outplayed Indy at their place.
Tennessee - Dolphins beat them, and I thought Miami absolutely outplayed them in that game.
Pittsburgh - As usual, a completely erratic team that from week to week can look like a Super Bowl contender or a bottom dwelling scum sucker
Baltimore - Best scoring defense in the NFL

Honestly, I think whichever team in the AFC North doesn't win the division probably 'deserves' that sixth seed. Baltimore has the best scoring defense in the NFL, and Pittsburgh's offensive production is elite. 4th most points in the NFL.

But if it comes down to Miami vs Indy and Tennessee? Miami absolutely belongs in the playoffs.

What is deserving? They have been outscored by 55 points this year, but tenn and buf made it last year with a negative point differential.

Even if the dolphins make the playoffs the best they could do would be to win 1 game as they have almost no shot of making the afc champ or super bowl.

As it is, they still have a lot of work to even make the playoffs.

Besides the pats game on the road. the majority of that point differential came during Brocktober. A little bit different team when Thill has played wouldnt you say?

Seriously I’m convinced a segment of the fan base secretly hates the team that they supposedly “root” for.

Or at the very least derives a sick twisted pleasure out of seeing the team fail all in the vain of “I told you so”.

Maybe it’s the state of affairs in our current political climate where people clearly have a vested interest and are upset with the lack of progress by both the left and right yet they end up fueling the dysfunction because they are stuck in that paradigm.

Sad when you really think about it.

Its possible that those you condemn as people who hate the team rather hate the ineptitude they see year after year after year, oh even decades of the same cluelessness and are tired of seeing a team they have grown so friggin attached to through YEARS, DECADES of devotional following in which are willing to go through heart breaking experiences on almost a weekly bases, called out as a fan base of haters due to their expressed opinions of inadequate areas needed upgrading in order to possibly achieve a glimpse of seeing some level of success for a future.

But old generation also had its Dolphins can't do anything wrong Fans who had major problems with acknowledging problems and saying that those that wanted to confront inadequacies were just hateful non fans. Expecting a team to improve while they were not willing to even want to face problems that were existing that prevent success. Proof our Team...

We are just people who understand that criticism is a needed and out right extremely valuable asset to be open to .......that it is critical to ones growth... Fear it and you end up like the Dolphins with excuse after excuse leading to more excuses and a big fat Failure...in life and on the playing field...

My Christmas wish is that we win the super bowl with the 32nd ranked offense and 32nd ranked defense...if there were a ST ranking, Id want them to be 32nd too.

Miami doesn't feel like a playoff team, but the Dolphins have started to look better on offense the last few weeks with Ryan Tannehill back. If they can get on the run, who knows.

I don't feel like it
we had some really wins that feel lucky (Chicago, Bills and New England)
But i really hope we make it

To my mind, if the Fins go 3-0 from here on out, or even 2-1 and get in, then yes, they absolutely deserve to be there. They've shown incredible balls, grit and determination to be where they are right now, with all the injuries (specifically 5 games without the starting QB). And if they now push on to cement a place during crunch time? Then yes, absolutely they'll deserve to be. At the end of the day, we're essentially in the 4th quarter here with the game on the line. Whoever makes the most plays, deserves to win. Miami currently does not make the playoffs, if they push on to do so, that'll mean they'll have outperformed the other teams in crunch time, so yes. 100%.

Being a playoff team is supposed to mean that you had a successful season. No matter what Miami's record is going to be, they have been mostly unsuccessful. Their offense is at or near the bottom in nearly every category. The defense is ranked near the bottom too. This describes a Top 5 Draft Pick team, not a playoff team. Miami has a 7-6 record right now due to pure luck. By luck I mean that they won several games because of a handful of fancy, trick plays that just happened to succeed. The Raiders completely outplayed Miami, but 2 or 3 big plays gave Miami the win. Miami had many chances to put away New England, but the offense fell apart in the second half. They won on a gadget play as time expired; odds are that 99 times out of 100 that play fails to score.

They are an enigma. I read somewhere that Miami's offense leads the league in big plays (maybe over 50 yards? I forget), and the defense is I think #2 in getting interceptions and near the top with turnovers. But, this is all smoke and mirrors. Leads the league in big plays on offense... yet Gase won't run on 3rd and 1. He'll call a pass behind the line of scrimmage, lose yards, and punt. Big plays with chunk yardage huh? I just watched Buffalo (I believe) gain 18 yards passing on 2nd and 20. Gase will ALWAYS run it up the middle for 2 or 3 yards on 2nd and 20. (3rd and 17 would be a screen, followed by a punt.) On defense, they sure can rack up the interceptions. But, when they're not creating a turnover they're giving up chunk yardage through the air and on the ground. I would describe Miami's on-field performance as being 95% below-average, and 5% amazing. It's a miracle that the 5% actually won them a few games despite the bumbling, idiotic playcalling of Gase and Burke.

IMO, they have some young talent on the team, but those in charge are clueless. Give Miami a new GM (and fire Tannenbaum) and Coaching Staff that can build a competent o-line and call plays that make sense and they will be a true playoff team.

haha we lead the league in big plays and 2nd in interceptions so you are just gonna right off those stats? Like that isnt a big deal.

The Giants won the SB in 2011 with a 9-7 record with a 9th ranked O and 24th ranked D. While the 9th ranked O is much better, it can be done.....saying that, I don't think we can stop the Chiefs or Pats away

I mean we would do what we did a couple years ago and lose the first round but I'd love to see us in it again.....

How about we as fans just enjoy that we have meaningful football in December. I could give two shits if anyone thinks we deserve to be in the playoffs or not. I am excited about the next three games which is what sports is about. You know entertainment and excitement.

Its possible that those you condemn as people who hate the team rather hate the ineptitude they see year after year after year, oh even decades of the same cluelessness and are tired of seeing a team they have grown so friggin attached to through YEARS, DECADES of devotional following in which are willing to go through heart breaking experiences on almost a weekly bases, called out as a fan base of haters due to their expressed opinions of inadequate areas needed upgrading in order to possibly achieve a glimpse of seeing some level of success for a future.

But old generation also had its Dolphins can't do anything wrong Fans who had major problems with acknowledging problems and saying that those that wanted to confront inadequacies were just hateful non fans. Expecting a team to improve while they were not willing to even want to face problems that were existing that prevent success. Proof our Team...

We are just people who understand that criticism is a needed and out right extremely valuable asset to be open to .......that it is critical to ones growth... Fear it and you end up like the Dolphins with excuse after excuse leading to more excuses and a big fat Failure...in life and on the playing field...
I was reminded of this video while reading your post but I must caution the video is very profound and might go over some heads but if you think hard enough it will all make sense...

Back
Top Bottom