Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs?

Do you think Miami deserves to be in the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being a playoff team is supposed to mean that you had a successful season. No matter what Miami's record is going to be, they have been mostly unsuccessful. Their offense is at or near the bottom in nearly every category. The defense is ranked near the bottom too. This describes a Top 5 Draft Pick team, not a playoff team. Miami has a 7-6 record right now due to pure luck. By luck I mean that they won several games because of a handful of fancy, trick plays that just happened to succeed. The Raiders completely outplayed Miami, but 2 or 3 big plays gave Miami the win. Miami had many chances to put away New England, but the offense fell apart in the second half. They won on a gadget play as time expired; odds are that 99 times out of 100 that play fails to score.

They are an enigma. I read somewhere that Miami's offense leads the league in big plays (maybe over 50 yards? I forget), and the defense is I think #2 in getting interceptions and near the top with turnovers. But, this is all smoke and mirrors. Leads the league in big plays on offense... yet Gase won't run on 3rd and 1. He'll call a pass behind the line of scrimmage, lose yards, and punt. Big plays with chunk yardage huh? I just watched Buffalo (I believe) gain 18 yards passing on 2nd and 20. Gase will ALWAYS run it up the middle for 2 or 3 yards on 2nd and 20. (3rd and 17 would be a screen, followed by a punt.) On defense, they sure can rack up the interceptions. But, when they're not creating a turnover they're giving up chunk yardage through the air and on the ground. I would describe Miami's on-field performance as being 95% below-average, and 5% amazing. It's a miracle that the 5% actually won them a few games despite the bumbling, idiotic playcalling of Gase and Burke.

IMO, they have some young talent on the team, but those in charge are clueless. Give Miami a new GM (and fire Tannenbaum) and Coaching Staff that can build a competent o-line and call plays that make sense and they will be a true playoff team.

This is stupid and again shows how much people exaggerate about football. Other than KC in KC or NE in Foxboro nobody in the AFC is really that great. I mean there are teams that are better than us but only those 2 scenarios seem insurmountable. Bigger point is you don't have to be that grate to be a "playoff team" but finheaven seems to think its only for the elite.

29th total offense, 29th total defense. They've been doing it with smoke and mirrors. For me its not about whether they deserve to make the playoffs, its how much success should be expected of them if they make it.

Record isn’t everything. Teams have on and off weeks. Regular season games against other playoff teams are not always a good indication of how good or bad either team is overall unless it happens consistently while also beating the teams they should beat. Too many fans take the exception and make a statement based on egregious logic like, Miami beat the Bears, Bears beat the Rams, therefore Miami is better than both.

Of course. If they get in at worst they are 9-7 which would include winning 4 of their last 5, the Pats and either at Buffalo or at Minnesota. So yes, 100%

There's nothing worse than lucking your way to the playoffs. Especially when it's a franchise that's been hot garbage for the better part of a decade.
Worst post Ive seen in a long time.
There are plenty of things worse...Like for example, not making the playoffs, going 6-10 with Cutler, or 1-15, or choking at the end of the season at Buffalo and at the Jets...
By the way some say the Giants lucked into the playoffs the year they stopped the Patriots undefeated season..

Making playoff would be good for thill17,Gase and teams going forward

I think we belong in the playoffs EVERY year!
This man gets it.

Seriously I’m convinced a segment of the fan base secretly hates the team that they supposedly “root” for.

Or at the very least derives a sick twisted pleasure out of seeing the team fail all in the vain of “I told you so”.

Maybe it’s the state of affairs in our current political climate where people clearly have a vested interest and are upset with the lack of progress by both the left and right yet they end up fueling the dysfunction because they are stuck in that paradigm.

Sad when you really think about it.

In the words of William Munney in “Unforgiven”, DESERVES GOT NOTHIN’ TO DO WITH IT!

If this team makes playoffs, they have nothing to apologize for. It will be one of the gutsiest roads ever travelled to get there.

4 or 5 weeks ago, some thought iur QB would never throw anither pass fir this franchise. Our offense designed primarily around the speed of wrs that were lost fir season; our OL decimated after all acknowledged we had to have solid OL to have shot this year; multiple DL injuries and “failures to launch”....

The season was over and the debate was how high could we draft next year.

And now people are asking if we “deserve” the playoffs?

Last edited:
This isn’t a playoff roster. If we end up snagging that sixth seed, Gase should 100% be coach of the year.
That's the thing about Gase, you look at the team performance and it's not been good since he got here, but you look at the records and we've been winning more than we ought to every single year, even making the playoffs that one time. So, what does it mean? Is Gase lucky? Does he have god karma? More importantly, should we blame him for the poor performance or commend him for the overachieving records? That's the key question to me. If it's not his fault but the poor personnel that we can't play well, we have a very good coach on our hands. If, on the other hand, he is to blame for not getting the most out of the players, his good karma isn't enough to offset that.

Back
Top Bottom