Doctors Say Tua NOT At Risk For More Concussions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doctors Say Tua NOT At Risk For More Concussions

You can hope that Tua gets enough rest and is able to come back and be concussion free but Best sustained 2 concussions his senior season at Cal, the second one was severe where he went into the fencing position like Tua.. He was drafted by the Lions in 2010 and played his rookie season without a concussion. So he had more than a year without one. Best’s 2nd season in the league he suffered a concussion in a pre season game and then a second concussion in game 4 of the regular season, which ended his career.

Yes but correlation does not equal causation, there are many factors that could be at play other than his physiological tendency to have a concussion, bad o-line, random chance, play style, etc. The only thing I can say is that Tua plays hero ball and tries to extend plays which increases the likelihood of concussion and injury in general, given his smaller frame.

In medicine, anecdotal evidence essentially means very little.

We need a qb who can take a hit. Tua is not the one. If he comes back next year it will be the same thing again. He is just too fragile.
The issue is the OL and its inability to protect the QB. The Dolphins were forced to play their 3rd string QB in the playoffs because they couldn’t protect Tua or Bridgewater.

Upgrade the OL and the QB is less likely to be injured.

View attachment 129589
Wasn’t this already a thread?

As I wrote in the last one, this doesn’t subtract from 3 issues:

1) I’ve never seen a QB take more awkward falls than Tua.

2) Now that the league has made Tua it’s poster boy, don’t start complaining when they keep him on the sideline for a hit that doesn’t seem any where near a concussion to protect the NFL shield.

3) EVERY time Tua takes a hit we, even the Atheist and Agnostics (nothing wrong with it) amongst us, will all be praying fervently. We will forever watch Tua with panic because it is the lot in life of a Dolphins fan to suffer and be torchered.

Tua showed too much brilliance not to be our starter but if you’re happy about the situation YOU should get checked for concussions.

BTW, I know you Tua arse-lickers HAVE to find solace in something but a DOCTOR wanted to operate on my heart in the ER. I declined, had a sonogram of my heart and was told that they could not find anything that required surgery. Also, a hospital almost killed my father with an injection. He flat-lined and had to be resuscitated. And the crème de la crème: my brother will graduate this year from Med school. My brother- one of the biggest idiots I have ever met.
I believe in legal terms they call this anecdotal.

I’m of the belief Tua experienced a concussion against the Bills contributing to another against the Bengals and was not fully healed from it leading to the one against the Packers.

Passing the protocol in place does not guarantee a player is not concussed.

I was glad to see Miami held Tua out the rest of the year as enough time should pass to give his brain a reset heading into next season.

I do wonder if there are techniques Tua can be taught such as contacting his neck muscles when falling on his back. Not sure if that is effective or not.

I see that he is already wearing one of the safest helmets made.

Yeah. I think I'll go with what the neurologist says. You want who at QB instead?

Yeah. Don’t forget the vaccine too. You know, cuz it did wonders.

I want Tua. It’s just a foked up situation like it always is for Miami.

I say he needs to work hard on his falling in offseason with a martial artist. What if he got good at it and knew how to contort his body mid fall to fall well as a result even if hit hard? And saw a surprising change because of that. I guess WWE Nxt head quarters is in florida too so maybe he goes there and they help him out there too. Professional wrestlers know how to fall to limit hitting their head on the matt and causing a concussion too. Maybe work with another fellow samoan Roman Reigns

Last edited:
Jokes aside. At the same time, there is a need for Miami to do its due diligence. It isn't surprising that he had a concussion after what happened to him versus Cincinnati. It's the fall against the Bills and Packers that's the issue here. To add another layer, he didn't report symptoms until 24 hours after the hit against the Packers. It is just important for Miami to make sure they have contingency plans heading into the off-season due to the fact that Tua has not proven that he is able to stay healthy through the season. Don't be surprised to see Matt Ryan in a Dolphin uniform in 2023 as backup.

For me the biggest concern isn't that he had two concussions. It is that the second one (against GB) looked like a bump on the noggin that shouldn't have caused anything...

The other article on the topic specifically addressed the issue of hits that should not be a problem.... if that trend continues, Tua has an issue that is likely to keep repeating.

If you break a bone in your leg, you are not more likely to break your leg again in the future (unless you have brittle bone disease).

Jokes aside. At the same time, there is a need for Miami to do its due diligence. It isn't surprising that he had a concussion after what happened to him versus Cincinnati. It's the fall against the Bills and Packers that's the issue here.
This

The issue is the OL and its inability to protect the QB. The Dolphins were forced to play their 3rd string QB in the playoffs because they couldn’t protect Tua or Bridgewater.

Upgrade the OL and the QB is less likely to be injured.
Bridgwater is frail too tho. And he doesn't play through injury. He couldn't come in from his pinky, meanwhile mahomes has a very painful high ankle sprain and playing through that

Bridgwater is frail too tho. And he doesn't play through injury. He couldn't come in from his pinky, meanwhile mahomes has a very painful high ankle sprain and playing through that
Bridgewater is frail. But his frailty is a pool of gravy on top of the pile of chicken **** underneath....

lol at the caveat: "If the brain is not fully recovered, there’s a higher incidence."

Back
Top Bottom