Does anyone else hate ESPN? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone else hate ESPN?

The College Gameday (football) show is good on ESPN. PTI. Rome is Burning.

Edge NFL Matchup.

That's about it. Everything else sucks.

PTI is one of the few great shows on ESPN.....Wilbon and Kornheiser have good arguments, and don't try to just act like goofballs like Woody Page and Skip Bayless.

culpepper2chambers said:
i like just about everything on ESPN besides hockey, gymastics, spelling bees, and tennis.

hockey hasn't been on ESPN since 2003

I like College Basketball tonite or whatever it is called with Gottlieb and although it used to be much better IMO, Outside The Lines is still pretty good. They've got for the most part pretty good play-by-play guys although I think Joe Buck is the best in the business.

jdcane98 said:
I should start a dissertation on why the station sucks. Instead I'll make a list, and you can tell me agree or disagree.

1) Stuart Scott- He has to be the most annoying 'anchor' they've ever had. Between the nicknames (I loved on the teammates quiz show when the Arizona players told him Larry Fitzgerald hates being called Fitzy), the stupid sayings, and his lack of football insight while being on a football show, I'm sick of him.

2) Classic horse races, golf, billiards, and anything else random... With all the amazing sporting events that have happened over time, with all the constant news reports, sportscentury programs, and everything else they've shot footage of over the past 20 something years, they still show classic-horse races? It's like MTV finally showing a music video and they make it one by Winger.

3) Chris Berman announcing Baseball, the guy sounds like he's announcing golf, constantly whispering as if his prediction "they might go with a fastball here" is really going to tip someone off if they hear it.

4) Mike Greenberg. Seeing that dork on sportscenter is bad enough, but hearing him talk-up NY teams on mike & mike is even worse. He ridicules the Marlins but the Jets suck for no reason... there's no pay cuts w/ the Jets, they just plain suck. They are a disgrace to the NFL, so how can the Marlins be one to the MLB. They've won multiple series with a payroll equal to what A-Rod makes an inning.

5) ESPN U and ESPN Classic are impossible to get. I've tried to get ESPN U and my cable co. doesn't carry it. and ESPN Classic always comes in a package with 3 FSN's or something I already have. With all the dead time on ESPN 1 and 2 that makes them play 4 sportscenters in a row and 3 straight hours of cold pizza, followed by billiards or the spelling bee from 1994, they should put some classic games in there.

lastly, FSN and CSS are much better channels, I wish my cable co. had CSS their Sports Talk show is good and they show football spring games, the ACC and SEC baseball tourny (ESPN ignores college baseball) and even high school games from time to time. ESPN needs to take a page out of their book and drop the obscure sports (and non-sports) and start programming something people want to watch.

and tell sportscenter no one wants to hear another dashboard confessional similie.

you hate espn, because you cant get espnu?

and they do not ignore college baseball/softball, on espnU. they show alot of it, and i love it. espn i love, especially ESPNEWS best thing ever made. swear on it

espn, shows every sport there is, they get every sport involved, because they know other countrys are watching, and other countrys dont just love football, so thats a thing i love about them

i agree circle, i know lots of people who love him, i find him a bumbling idiot. I love ATH. and PTI. im glue to my seat for a whole hour

I hate ESPN because they always kiss the Patriots ***.

CirclingWagons said:
it's an acquired taste...people either love him or hate him. I love his radio show, very entertaining

The funny thing about Rome and it seems to happen frequently on this site somebody starts a thing about something he said and alot of people comment on it and how they hate Rome. My only thinking is why are they listening? I like Rome, his t.v. show seems to be a spinoff of his radio show but he gets great interviews and is hilarious. Very few peolple care about hockey outside of Canada and a select few cities in the U.S. but Eric Cole respnded to an e-mailer to his show today which shows that atheletes do listen to him. I think Landon Donovon also called once after Rome was blasting soccer.

Back
Top Bottom