Does anyone think Roth was a waste of pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone think Roth was a waste of pick

godfater21 said:
Holliday has a 2 year deal.

Carter has a 5 year deal.

Not trying to take sides.........but be real here, Carter's 5 year deal is 5 years on paper, 2 years max in real NFL contractual language barring hall of fame performances.

Carter and Holiday will rotate inside and outside I think. Carter played DT last season...

Roth and Crowder were great value picks considering where they were picked at. And Roth has a motor that doesn't quit. I like both picks a lot...I think we had a heck of a draft.

Roth is here for the future...none of the vets are going to let this kid come in and take a spot. Roth is a good reason to cut a vet next year.

Does anyone think that "Does anyone think Roth was a waste of a pick" is the most ridiculous question they've ever seen asked on this message board?
It is in my opinion.

At first, when I saw the letters...DE next to ROth's name, I was in shock and confused as to why the heck we took ANOTHER DE. After doing alittle homework on the guy, everything I hear has been EXCELLENT. THe guy's a nutball...Plays intense...Smart player...Now I dont' really have a problem with it..It was a value pick.

kingfin said:
I dont think so.I like the way this guy plays.Kevin Carter is old.So we can mix them up this year.I still wanted Nick Collins FS/CB at the 2nd round pick.I new we had alot of depth at DE.Saban throw a Curveball at me.

from what i hear around here, hes the savior of your defensive line, and run defense.

but to me, since i hate the fins, hes just old. :D

Please forget about where guys are drafted, Matt Roth is a great addition to this this, reminds me of AJ Duhe.

Miami needed a player with that much intensity on their defense. Watching some games of him was impressive on how he covers the field and attacks the players. Reminds me of a John Offerdahl and young Zach Thomas. Trust me, you guys won't be disappointed with his play.

kingfin said:
I dont think so.I like the way this guy plays.Kevin Carter is old.So we can mix them up this year.I still wanted Nick Collins FS/CB at the 2nd round pick.I new we had alot of depth at DE.Saban throw a Curveball at me.

Kevin Carter is not OLD. He is 31, not 35...Seau, now he is old, but still kicking. I bet Carter plays 4 solid years for us. Roth was a great pick regardless, great value at that spot, and really I don't believe any team states they have TOO many pass rushers. I love the pick. Plus he can play more than one position, that seems to be a Saban trend.

I can't wait to see him in action for the 'phins! :D

Back
Top Bottom