Does Gase Trust Tannehill?

Does Gase Trust Tannehill

• YES

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's a big difference. The Bengals didn't do squat against our defense for almost 4 quarters and that was the time to *trust* the defense. Run the damn ball and if we don't get 1st then that Bengals team would have to score on our defense 3 times to win that game in the 4th quarter. That likely wasn't going to happen. But of course, Gase who's always backward put the game in the hands of the QB passing, down 2 starting OLmen.

Ofcourse, he doesn't the complete opposite in the Colts game with a badly struggling defense.
Even on the 2nd to last drive they had vs Indianapolis they only took off what, 43 seconds of the clock with two passes and then a run on 3rd down? Why not just run the ball 3 times there then? Eh

If Gase doesn't trust him then Gase is an idiot for allowing that crazy extension and all that freaking money for a QB he doesn't trust.
If Gase trust him then Gase is still an idiot for going with a QB that has now missed games 3 years in a row but he put all bets on him so either way Gase is wrong here.
But hey, lets give him 6 more years and lets extend Tanny again and lets extend Jones too....oh wait......this freaking FO sucks....all of them.

If Gase doesn't trust him then Gase is an idiot for allowing that crazy extension and all that freaking money for a QB he doesn't trust.
If Gase trust him then Gase is still an idiot for going with a QB that has now missed games 3 years in a row but he put all bets on him so either way Gase is wrong here.
But hey, lets give him 6 more years and lets extend Tanny again and lets extend Jones too....oh wait......this freaking FO sucks....all of them.
To be fair gase probably did trust Tannehill during the extension. The hard part is figuring out when gase lost his trust in Tannehill, after the Cincinnati game?

Despite all of the different head coaches, and offensive coaches the lack of trust in Tannehill seems to be a central theme. Another question is why do all the inferior QB's (Cutler, Fales, Os, etc) seem to have a greater vertical game albeit with poorer results?

Did you actually just write that Cutler, Fales, Os have a greater vertical game than Tannehill? Wow!

Did you actually just write that Cutler, Fales, Os have a greater vertical game than Tannehill? Wow!
I think he meant gase seemed to let them air it more despite being inferior to Tannehill at doing that. I could be wrong

Ran it twice on 3rd and 10 in the 4th quarter. Once with the game literally hanging in the balance. What additional info could anyone possibly need in order to come to a reasonable conclusion?

To be fair gase probably did trust Tannehill during the extension. The hard part is figuring out when gase lost his trust in Tannehill, after the Cincinnati game?
but he shouldn't have knowing that he was coming back from being injured twice

Even on the 2nd to last drive they had vs Indianapolis they only took off what, 43 seconds of the clock with two passes and then a run on 3rd down? Why not just run the ball 3 times there then? Eh

Gase man that guys really wired backward.
Even the announcers we shocked we didn't run the ball in that instance.
I placed my head in my lap and cried because I knew that was going to cost us.

Remember we're throwing it with an injured QB, missing Grant, Albert, Amendola so we're relaying on DVP, Carroos and the new guy and the always questionable OL.
The alternative was to hand the ball off to Gore and at the very least chew some time and force them to use a TO

BTW, the RPO where Tannehill keeps it worked a few times in that game. They never stopped that play.

I honestly could strangle Gase I've never seen such incompetence in a play-caller.

gase trusts his system there is no trusting of the qb. the play calling has nothing to do with tanny its based on the stats of his system

i dont know how anyone can say he doesnt trust tanny 3 days ago he was the second coming.

Simple question. Does he trust Tannehill in pressure situations? Where does everyone stand on FH on this?

Ironically, Gase doesn't trust himself or his O, but trusts Burke's D. Thus, he has about 5 plays he calls and all are conservative. Apparently doesn't trust Drake, Stills, Grant, Tannehill, Os, . . . Nobody but Gore and Wilson. Doesn't trust the entire O which is why, on those occasions he gets a lead, he shuts down the O and goes prevent. Which means, he doesn't trust his play-calling

I thought he did.... until yesterday.
What makes you think he trusts him? RT has played like he has handcuffs on his whole career. I don’t think any HC has truly trusted him hence they have coached him into the ROBOTRONIC version he is right now. Look at all these QBs creating plays on the fly game after game. RT plays like he’s in a straightjacket.

Ironically, Gase doesn't trust himself or his O, but trusts Burke's D. Thus, he has about 5 plays he calls and all are conservative. Apparently doesn't trust Drake, Stills, Grant, Tannehill, Os, . . . Nobody but Gore and Wilson. Doesn't trust the entire O which is why, on those occasions he gets a lead, he shuts down the O and goes prevent. Which means, he doesn't trust his play-calling
So he trust his defense that can't cover or tackle anyone and has no pass rush. But people are still defending him....smh

Back
Top Bottom