Does Gase Trust Tannehill?

Does Gase Trust Tannehill

• YES

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So. .. another thread with a different title but for the sane purpose, bash tannehill for Gase's stupidity.

Guy was completing almost 70% but he couldn't be trusted to throw the ball? Yeah that makes sense. Maybe Gase is just a panzy and it has nothing to do with the QB.

So. .. another thread with a different title but for the sane purpose, bash tannehill for Gase's stupidity.

Guy was completing almost 70% but he couldn't be trusted to throw the ball? Yeah that makes sense. Maybe Gase is just a panzy and it has nothing to do with the QB.
I would hope he completed 70%. Almost every pass was within 8 yards.

pass-chart_TAN298716_2018-reg-12_1543192711842.jpeg

The truth is is that Tannehill is a beta. The guyis not a competitor and is just happy to be there. He is not a leader. You need a qb to be like a ruthless CEO, while Tannehill at best should be a good low level employee who just shows up everyday, but adds nothing to the business and could easily be replaced by a robot.

Compare that to Mayfield who actually has balls.

Gase is also a beta, which is probably why they like each other so much.

And this is Goff from the previous week. More of to show Gase's idiotic horizontal offense. McVay pushes the ball downfield mixed with 8-15 yard throws all the time. While Gase just has his midgets running crosser routes every time.

pass-chart_GOF219636_2018-reg-11_1542694406621.jpeg

pass

That doesn't disprove the point. An 8 yard pass would have been game changing at that point and RT was more than capable of finding and completing to the open guy. To say that Gase called stupid plays bc he didn't trust RT to complete a few 8 yard passes is silly.

I think Gase says all the right things in front of the camera, but he is no fool. If Gase continues to hitch his wagon on the Tannehill train he will be out of a job soon.

And this is Goff from the previous week. More of to show Gase's idiotic horizontal offense. McVay pushes the ball downfield mixed with 8-15 yard throws all the time. While Gase just has his midgets running crosser routes every time.

pass

Gase's offense is so pitiful to watch. The slightest deviation and a punt, or worse, is incoming. So if Gase is spectacularly failing at the main job he was brought here to do - ignite the offense - what argument is there to keep him after year 3?

There is certainly a distinct change in the relationship. Prior to the Cincy game you would never hear Gase be anything other than enthusiastic about Tannehill, but questioning his honestly in the lead up to the Bears game was the start of a changing public perception.

I thought considering the time he's been out Tannehill was doing a decent job out there, he got lucky with some of his bad throws which were not picked off and one even went for six thanks to a great effort by Carroo, but on the whole his throws were largely accurate, had some zip on the ball, he was making plays with his legs, working those hard counts really well and seemed a little more authoritative at the line than normal. His performance had started to taper off though and perhaps as some other folks mentioned he was starting to feel his shoulder. Neither Gase nor Tannehill will admit to that but perhaps that coupled with the memory of the Cincy game influenced the play calling.

I really don't recall when this happened, but I remember a time when a big thing was made about Tannehill being given the power to change a play at the line. I wonder where Gase's stance is and what Tannehill's appetite is for doing that now, is he told in these situations to "trust the system" more than trusting himself and does he have the balls to challenge Gase, and go off orders ?

Gase's offense is so pitiful to watch. The slightest deviation and a punt, or worse, is incoming. So if Gase is spectacularly failing at the main job he was brought here to do - ignite the offense - what argument is there to keep him after year 3?

It would hurt Ross's ego to admit he doesn't know or even really care about what the f*** he's doing, just like with the queasy one :shrug:.

What a shocker that a rich old real-estate man doesn't have he first clue on how to run a professional football organization, but is too egotistical to realize that and wants HIS guys in charge.

He should have just kept Ireland and let him run the show, Dolfans hate the guy but in truth he's a football man and that's showing in NO.

In fact there's already talk he may take over for Loomis soon enough...

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/03/saints_next_gm_jeff_ireland.html

Last edited:

This is a good point but I’d have to look at the pre shoulder chart to see if it’s what gase does or maybe to take some pressure off tannys throwing arm.

It does seem to be heavy horizontal in nature this year. But I’d like to see a team like kcs chart also who schemes up a lot of outflank ask although they actually get the ball into their best play makers hands as a result.

It does seem odd to me that Miami seems content on 3rd and long to almost concede is that a qb thing or an offense one. I used to think it was an o line protection based one before gase got here and for good reason he was taking contact before his back foot hit even but it may be a qb one too.

Someone should take an in depth look at the route combos relative to the drop and coverage played on 3rd and long to see where the almost always dump option comes from. Are we conceding or is it the only viable option.

One thing I’m not seeing is any back shoulder in the vertical stem throws in this offense. Those plays Aaron Rodgers lives off of when he’s behind the sticks.

They can defeat coverage be it 2 deep or shell even. Are our wrs not smart enough to adapt? Or is the qb not capable of executing or is it not even an option in our o.

Rarely see it and usually if we do it’s down the seam which we rarely threaten (likely cause the flex tight end is hot garbage even though the staff won’t admit it)

What I am seeing is what horry said with regards to how teams play tanny vs osweiler.

Tanny it’s force the run call os it’s force the pass. Ie with the box count

pass

Good example. There’s no reason Ryan tannehill couldn’t execute this kind of offense ask.

Maybe you’d tone it down coming off a shoulder but fully healthy no reason.

I noticed Minnesota with cousins threatens the field more vertically also. But are the elite level 2 wr options driving that? Maybe

Back
Top Bottom