Does Gase Trust Tannehill?

Does Gase Trust Tannehill

• YES

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think he trusts him? RT has played like he has handcuffs on his whole career. I don’t think any HC has truly trusted him hence they have coached him into the ROBOTRONIC version he is right now. Look at all these QBs creating plays on the fly game after game. RT plays like he’s in a straightjacket.
well if he doesn't trust him then why did they restructured his contract to mess up our cap? He's due over 26mill in 2019.
This freaking FO/HC man.

Or perhaps Tanny's shoulder was bothering him late in the game? 3 passes on the last 2 drives combined.

He obviously does not. If you trust your QB, you let him go get that first down. He can say whatever he wants, his actions tell us everything.

I think Tannehill, like the Dolphins, has a ceiling only slightly above mediocre, but . . . I don’t care who my QB is— in that situation I need whomever I start at QB to be able to at least attempt a pass for a first down on 3rd and 10.

He obviously trusted him in 2016 based on his actions...not words. Yesterday, Im not sure he trusted Tannehill' shoulder or a combination of his shoulder, the oline and the banged up Receiver corps.

I honestly don't know if Gase himself knows what he wants in a QB. He has never "hand picked" his QB and for a coach who was supposed to be a "QB guru/whisper" He sure seems clueless about finding talented QBs and appears content with just sticking with former QBs who were never any good.

In short, this is a problem.

At this point if we are going to just give up on 3rd and 10 might as well sneak the punter out real quick on third when they aren't expecting it and maybe back them up further. Obviously at anything over 3rd and 9 Gase throws in the towel and wants to punt anyway

well if he doesn't trust him then why did they restructured his contract to mess up our cap? He's due over 26mill in 2019.
This freaking FO/HC man.
To clarify, he’s not “owed” 26M but rather his cap number is 26M. His prorated bonus is close to 8M of this number. Regardless it’s a crapton for what we have gotten out of the guy.

The dead money cut of RT is 13M. Sounds like a lot but it’s doable in a rebuild. The RT dead money cut a year later in 2020 is 5.5M so we are basically looking at one year more of RT maximum. Finally.

I hated the way our last 2 possessions went they cost us the game. You never lay down offensively when your playing a QB like Andrew Luck. Howece, Gase was obviously hesitant because of Ryan’s injury, the line and WR’s. Still should have tried to pick up the 1st down there but I don’t think it’s a reflection of his faith in Ryan. He may not 100% trust him right now but would if Ryan were 100%.

I hope these 2 change it up next week. Ever see the movie hall pass. Well Gase and Tannehill May go down together but ones gotta hope they take a couple of swings in doing so. They went down looking yesterday.

how many times have we seen this game before? when have any of the plays in similar situations worked? why would anyone think a pass would have had a chance of succeeding specially when he had just thrown two passes previously wide of the mark? what difference would it have made?

Even on the 2nd to last drive they had vs Indianapolis they only took off what, 43 seconds of the clock with two passes and then a run on 3rd down? Why not just run the ball 3 times there then? Eh
That was the drive that really pi$$ed me off. I knew it was over then.

Where's that guy -- FinFan Buffalo?

He should be ALL OVER this thread!

Depressed?

Disillusioned?

Disappointed?

Just sayin'

Ryan needs your protection! No time to bail now!

Back
Top Bottom