Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF?

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Truth be told, I think it's pretty hilarious that a few people are insinuating that Jason Taylor doesn't deserve to be in the Hall. The numbers and career accolades speak for themselves, in my opinion. So, I've opened up this poll to see how many people think JT deserves to be in the HOF, or whether his induction is a "disrespect to other greats." (Sorry Sons).

Absolutely. He dominated at certain points in his career. You can even say he's one of the first hyrbid DE/LB that was any good. He's lean physique and freakish speed I think is something that the is still rare in the NFL

Yes, I think he deserves it. That doesn't mean I expected it to happen during his career, or that I'm going to pretend Taylor was the equal of Reggie White or even Bill Stanfill.

Not every gold medal swimmer is the equal of Michael Phelps or Katie Ledecky so naturally there will be variance in Hall of Fame inductees also.

There was plenty of hatred here when Taylor joined the Jets. I'm sure that has not fully worn off, whether it's specified or not. Taylor became a much more inconsistent player during his Dolphin years as soon as he signed with the Jets.

Yes, 100%.
But I am slightly surprised that he was a first ballot HOF.

I looked at the candidate class and said he's easily in the top 5 (of this class). He was a dominant player - he ranks what, 5th or 6th in all-time sacks and no 1 in TDs scored by a D lineman? Plenty of games he took over w timely huge plays. A sack, strip, TD vs Cincy on last play of 1st half w team looking terrible turned game around. His pick 6 and then FF (returned for TD by Renaldo Hill) on back to back drives vs Minny in a tie game broke the deadlock. He was an all time great in my mind. One of the most disruptive players at his positon of all time. Doesn't he also have the highest or close to it number of forced turnovers too?

He was underrated for most of his career in Miami. By the time he received national recognition as one of the very best at his position, his game was beginning to decline, so to non-Miami casual fans, he might seem like an odd choice, but overall, he's the best defensive player Miami fielded in my lifetime. The DPOTY combined with his career production helps seal the argument.

He did. Look at the guys with less production already in. HOF isn't what it used to be.

He did. Look at the guys with less production already in. HOF isn't what it used to be.

That's how I feel. It's become a watered down version of what it used to be. Too many people get in every year, should only be 2 or 3 elite players. They should change the color of those jackets to silver. That being said I'm happy for Jason.

Didn't think he would make it in year one, but there are far worse players in the hall

I mean can you blame people for not having watched many Dolphins games? Thats the only way you could say he doesn't belong.

Back
Top Bottom