Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF?

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Listen, no one mentioned he was runner-up on Dancing with the Stars - that likely put him over the top in the voting.

We have a few guys on this board that sometimes try to think a little too hard...

:lol:

Ive never seen people actually TRY to disprove the player Taylor was.

During his his prime he was the best DE in the NFL, no one was close. Then he made a absolute seamless transition to up backer and won DPOY as a 3-4 OLB.

I dont understand it.

He gets a lot of flack for disappearing at the end of games, as does the rest but of that 'paper tiger' defense of the late 90s/early 2000s. I used to have the argument with junc, who used that as a basis to say bruschi and Seymour were better than Thomas and he because of it. The one thing no one seems to remember is that Fiedler was crap and the D was typically on the field the entire second half, if not the game. Plays a part.

There was a game against the bears in 06 where he took **** over and we dominated a better team. I'd never seen a DE be able to dictate the outcome of a game like that. The offense was relegated to the back seat. Short of jpp getting 20 tackles in a game I don't know that I've seen it since. Put him on some better teams and there is no argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the candidate class and said he's easily in the top 5 (of this class). He was a dominant player - he ranks what, 5th or 6th in all-time sacks and no 1 in TDs scored by a D lineman? Plenty of games he took over w timely huge plays. A sack, strip, TD vs Cincy on last play of 1st half w team looking terrible turned game around. His pick 6 and then FF (returned for TD by Renaldo Hill) on back to back drives vs Minny in a tie game broke the deadlock. He was an all time great in my mind. One of the most disruptive players at his positon of all time. Doesn't he also have the highest or close to it number of forced turnovers too?

He is second in forced fumbles with 47

If for nothing else, the 2006 season. He was amazing that season. I remember he practically won the Bears game on his own. He destroyed teams that year.

Certainly over Kurt Warner and Terrell Davis, the legacy of a kicker getting in, a final year nominee and Jerry Jones. Only LT deserved it more from this class.

He ABSOLUTELY is one of the most dominant DEs from his era. That is indisputable. He has the statistical resume and rewards, the only thing he is missing is the team success.

:lol: at the 5 no votes.

Certainly over Kurt Warner and Terrell Davis, the legacy of a kicker getting in, a final year nominee and Jerry Jones. Only LT deserved it more from this class.

He ABSOLUTELY is one of the most dominant DEs from his era. That is indisputable. He has the statistical resume and rewards, the only thing he is missing is the team success.

:lol: at the 5 no votes.

I don't see why he deserves it over Warner who has both the numbers and a more successful career.

And he doesn't deserve it over Owens either who was badly snubbed. The only argument for Taylor is the fact that he accumulated stats. Thus the guy who did even better in the accumulating stats category-- i.e. Owens-- should get in ahead of him.

The 100 or so voters that voted him in, aren't aqua and orange fans.

I'm extremely disappointed its not 100% yes. Either we have some failures at fandom or some enemy spies on board.

Those that are saying team success should count for enough to keep him out.....Dan Marino

I'm extremely disappointed its not 100% yes. Either we have some failures at fandom or some enemy spies on board.

People should be able to give their honest opinion without being ridiculed for it. But that's just the finheaven way.

Those that are saying team success should count for enough to keep him out.....Dan Marino

Dan Marino went to one Super Bowl and two additional AFC championship games. His performance in the 1984 AFC championship, to name one, dwarfs anything that Taylor did in the playoffs which was a whole lot of nothing.

Marino also owned the record book when he retired. Taylor isn't even in the top five for sacks.

Marino was a much better player statistically and had a better career. That's why there was no doubt since well before he retired that he'd be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Taylor can't hold a candle to Marino.

People should be able to give their honest opinion without being ridiculed for it. But that's just the finheaven way.

There's more than one thread on the subject and most have stated their piece more than once previously. This thread was created for sole purpose to provide a pissant poll on the matter.

“I mean, Bruce Smith, Reggie White and then Jason Taylor? I just never put myself in their class,” Taylor said.

Me neither.

Taylor said, “I’m not on Dan’s level, but I’m a Hall of Famer like Dan Marino and that just blows my mind. I still have not grasped it yet because it’s been a whirlwind.”

ditto

Back
Top Bottom