Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the HOF?

Does Jason Taylor deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Off season boredom, I guess

It was mainly in response to a few posters in the other thread who said that he was undeserving, so I wanted to see what the overall feeling was. The poll results are pretty clear lol

It was mainly in response to a few posters in the other thread who said that he was undeserving, so I wanted to see what the overall feeling was. The poll results are pretty clear lol

Yep the results is pretty clear. If I ran a poll at a fat farm asking if the pollsters if they liked food, I'd expect about the same outcome.

The way this poll is phrased makes it impossible for me to answer. Taylor is obviously not a disgrace to the Hall, but he's also not-- in my opinion-- the type of player who should have gotten in the first year. Hoops and SoS are not incorrect in their assessment of his play. How many of his sacks came in the playoffs? How many times did the defense he was on get mauled in the divisional round? Even when he was on the Jets, he did nothing during their extended playoff run.

So, is it a travesty that he's in? No. Is it an embarrassment to previous Dolphins inductees that he's in? No. Should he have been made to wait? Yes.

And there's no way he should be in ahead of Owens. The only case you can make for Taylor is stats-based. Well by that criteria, Owens certainly deserves to be in ahead of Taylor.

Objectively speaking, JT's work product merits inclusion into the HOF - at some point. I don't think it's sufficiently compelling to command a first eligible ballot inclusion.

Subjectively speaking, I understand the rancid Tuna ****ed him over and that's why he went to The Team named after Indigenous Americans. No problem. My problem is his trying to chase a ring by joining the hated Jets and his joyfulness in sacking Henne. I wish he could have been more like his bro-inlaw, ZT who, when cut by the Fins, still refused to interview with the Patriots. I can only imagine the disdain he had for JT for signing to play for the tootsie-loving buffoon.

i voted no simply because his best year came on a 6-10 team, he never made a play in a postseason game that helped us win, he never made a play in a game that decided whether we would reach the postseason or not (except the raiders game of 2002, after which we lost the next 2 games and missed the playoffs).

yes he racked up a lot of amazing stats and defensive tds, but i do not see or remember jt as iconic.

i guess i have a higher standard for the hof. he is deserving based on how he behaved and how he cared deeply about the game and how he put it all on the line. i am not taking that away from him at all.

i just am remembering back to the countless defensive breakdowns in the late 90s and early 00s in december games or playoffs where we needed a big sack or turnover, and i dont remember him ever delivering like a hall of fame player ought to.

I think it's become a race to cram as many busts as they can into the hall. Between 1969 and 2005 they voted in six or more only 5 times. In 2006 six or more inductees became the norm as opposed to 4 or 5 in the earlier years. Last four years they are inducting about 8. It's a big show now, they have taken away the prestige of the hall.

I think Jason Taylor was a great player/teammate/Dolphin.

But he was not one of the best DE's to have ever played the game and that is what the recognition and standard of the HOF is supposed to stand for - the best of the best, not just the best.

Back
Top Bottom