Does Philbin still have any supporters after today? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Philbin still have any supporters after today?

Do you still support Philbin?

• Yes

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 134 93.1%

• Total voters
Yeah it's playoffs or bust and unless he lets that o play with tempo and go no huddle at times it's bust

I agree with you.
I don't think they trust the qb, I think they know he cannot process information.
But, what do they have to lose? Take off the training wheels go uptempo and let him sink or swim

Hey Phibin and staff, take the day off because all your work has produced a 1-4 record in the last 5 games. Next time do the opposite and quit running this same freakin unbalanced offense that we ran last year. Run the ball 25 or more times per game not 20 not 21.

We watched this guy literally give up on an opportunity to score in a two minute drill, with essentially four timeouts against Buffalo last week.

Just flat out quit.

In my *Mike Singeltary voice* CAN'T DO IT!!

Philbin looks lost out there. He has that dopey look on his face all game. I never see him fired up or speaking to players. He just looks way in over his head.

So, who wants to rekindle our debate on Philbin being weak, not HC material and not a leader of men now?

Feel free to undo the thumbs downs and the insults ...

A good QB makes everybody look like a genius. RT had opportunities to shine, but he just doesn't have it. He reminds me of a Buffalo QB that was athletic and had a good arm (name escapes me). The Bills coaching staff tried to develop him and gave him every opportunnity to be the franchise QB.
However, he had no pocket presence and took a lot of sacks.
During his last season as a starter, he was finally benched for Doug Flutie and the Bills made the playoffs. They lost to the Phins in the infamous Flutie Flakes game, where Trace Armstrong sacked Flutie as the Bills were threatening to score an upset.

Rob Johnson is who you are thinking of.

Man, I miss those days of being a Dolphins fan. As much as it sucked to see them get blown out in the play-offs every year, at least they were usually good in the regular season.

Can't see Philbin coming back after this season. Let's pray we can land Harbaugh.

Be careful what you wish for. the 49ers aren't exactly the best in the NFL right now. Remember all those who were clamoring for Nick Saban, then Cam Cameron, then Bill Parcells. Heck, many (including me) thought that Jimmy Johnson, teamed with Dan Marino would likely lead to at least a couple of Super Bowl wins.

Is a re-tread really the best idea? There is always a reason that an NFL coach is available (See Jeff Fisher). Otherwise, the team would never let the coach go (e.g. Don Shula in Miami for 25 years). A fresh hungry coach might work out better in the long run. The challenge of a guy like Harbaugh is that his message/methods may be really cool and work in the beginning; but may get stale just as quickly.

The team is unprepared and undisciplined. His game management decisions are horrible. And his ability to evaluate his talent and get the most out of his players is non existent. He will be fired once the team is officially eliminated from the playoffs, IMO.

So, who wants to rekindle our debate on Philbin being weak, not HC material and not a leader of men now?

Feel free to undo the thumbs downs and the insults ...

I don't think that's the problem with Philbin.

I think the problem with Philbin is that he just isn't a good coach. He doesn't set the team up for success, his coordinators don't gameplan well, and he's done a terrible job of managing the last 2 games.

I don't think that's the problem with Philbin.

I think the problem with Philbin is that he just isn't a good coach. He doesn't set the team up for success, his coordinators don't gameplan well, and he's done a terrible job of managing the last 2 games.

So, not HC material and not a leader of men doesn't equal ... he just isn't a good coach. He doesn't set the team up for success, his coordinators don't gameplan well, and he's done a terrible job of managing the last 2 games?

So, not HC material and not a leader of men doesn't equal ... he just isn't a good coach. He doesn't set the team up for success, his coordinators don't gameplan well, and he's done a terrible job of managing the last 2 games?

I think there's a huge difference between what you haven't liked about him, and what I don't like about him. However, here is where we will agree: He needs to go.

The fact that you think he stinks for his personality and inability to connect with his players, combined with the fact that I think he stinks because he simply isn't any good at the technical side of football, leaves us with a pretty inescapable conclusion: Joe Philbin isn't good at anything.

I've seen enough. I've absolutely seen enough. If the team fired him right now, as absurd as that would be, I would fully support that decision, because we have seen enough of Joe Philbin. Just like I think it might be absurd to bench Ryan Tannehill right now, I'd still support the decision. This ****'s got to stop.

I think there's a huge difference between what you haven't liked about him, and what I don't like about him. However, here is where we will agree: He needs to go.

The fact that you think he stinks for his personality and inability to connect with his players, combined with the fact that I think he stinks because he simply isn't any good at the technical side of football, leaves us with a pretty inescapable conclusion: Joe Philbin isn't good at anything.

I've seen enough. I've absolutely seen enough. If the team fired him right now, as absurd as that would be, I would fully support that decision, because we have seen enough of Joe Philbin. Just like I think it might be absurd to bench Ryan Tannehill right now, I'd still support the decision. This ****'s got to stop.

I'll drink to that.

I'm far from a fanboi, but he hasn't lost me yet. Win or lose, good or bad, we are a team. I support my team 100%.

That said, I want to see him make some changes though, ASAP.

Rob Johnson?

A good QB makes everybody look like a genius. RT had opportunities to shine, but he just doesn't have it. He reminds me of a Buffalo QB that was athletic and had a good arm (name escapes me). The Bills coaching staff tried to develop him and gave him every opportunnity to be the franchise QB.
However, he had no pocket presence and took a lot of sacks.
During his last season as a starter, he was finally benched for Doug Flutie and the Bills made the playoffs. They lost to the Phins in the infamous Flutie Flakes game, where Trace Armstrong sacked Flutie as the Bills were threatening to score an upset.

Back
Top Bottom