Does Tua have much trade value? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
We have seen enough of this experiment. Tua has some quality traits but being clutch and adlibbing aren't in the mix.

The Dolphins went all in on offense and have failed to score more than 25 PPG .... while allowing 21+ ... this math doesn't bode well for winning consistently and it doesn't come close to being a playoff contender.

So... does Tua have enough trade value to interest another team to help the Dolphins start over.... again? Cleaning the house on the coaching staff and getting rid of some dead weight on the cap is easier said than done and I know Tua's contract isn't a factor.... until he is re-signed ... but with some manipulation and magic is it feasible to think the team could be totally revamped?

We have issues on D and a Qb that hasn't shown the "it" factor needed from a signal caller. Having said that there is a great deal of offensive weaponry and with a solid coaching staff there are qb's that could flourish on this team.

There are plenty of "reasons" Tua can't live up to expectations starting with a solid OL.... but in the end, he isn't the player needed at the most important position. Sure, the defense could be better and take some pressure off of the offense but having a guy behind center that not only can but consistently does make clutch plays is a threat every snap. We don't have that and wasting the years ahead of the 2 elite WR's we do have would be a tragedy. Passing stats be damned ... winning is the stat that matters.... Tua hasn't shown he is a winner.

As the Human Torch would say when things got dicey.... Flame on.

R.b210cd7b1d05fbd2a2961387465cf7e8

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂
LOL.....spit out my coffee at your last line......well played!

We have seen enough of this experiment. Tua has some quality traits but being clutch and adlibbing aren't in the mix.

The Dolphins went all in on offense and have failed to score more than 25 PPG .... while allowing 21+ ... this math doesn't bode well for winning consistently and it doesn't come close to being a playoff contender.

So... does Tua have enough trade value to interest another team to help the Dolphins start over.... again? Cleaning the house on the coaching staff and getting rid of some dead weight on the cap is easier said than done and I know Tua's contract isn't a factor.... until he is re-signed ... but with some manipulation and magic is it feasible to think the team could be totally revamped?

We have issues on D and a Qb that hasn't shown the "it" factor needed from a signal caller. Having said that there is a great deal of offensive weaponry and with a solid coaching staff there are qb's that could flourish on this team.

There are plenty of "reasons" Tua can't live up to expectations starting with a solid OL.... but in the end, he isn't the player needed at the most important position. Sure, the defense could be better and take some pressure off of the offense but having a guy behind center that not only can but consistently does make clutch plays is a threat every snap. We don't have that and wasting the years ahead of the 2 elite WR's we do have would be a tragedy. Passing stats be damned ... winning is the stat that matters.... Tua hasn't shown he is a winner.

As the Human Torch would say when things got dicey.... Flame on.

R.b210cd7b1d05fbd2a2961387465cf7e8
Like why do people make **** up? It’s like people just throw out the entire past for what just happened. He’s proven he’s not clutch? This is honestly the first game I can remember needed a score and he’s failed. Think there was was one other where drops were at fault but to say he’s not clutch after one game is stupid. Yeah he’s messed up last night he’s been clutch his entire career, one game doesn’t change that. He’s proven to not be a winner? He’s 21-13 as a starter and 8-4 this year. That’s almost 62% win percentage only Mahomes,Brady,Rodgers,Allen, Jimmy G,Wilson and Hurts have a better win percentage. 3 of those guys will go down as top 10 qbs ever, Allen is a top 2 qb, Wilson is barely above and another year playing with the broncos will probably be below. Hurts and Jimmy G have had the luxury of playing with elite defenses their entire career and now Hurts was given a stacked offense as well, jimmys always had one. It’s okay to be emotional but you’re blatantly making **** up that just isn’t true.

The going all in was only a reality when we thought we had an elite defense. Figured with an elite d if we give Tua some weapons he just needed to play decent and we’d be a contender. Instead we ended up with a bottom 5 defense and in order to win games Tua needed to play flawless football while carrying the team on his arm. I don’t believe that was ever the plan to just have Tua sling us to victories unfortunately we have no other choice with out defense. I still like Tua however there’s maybe 2-3 qbs a decade that can pull that off. Josh Allen might be one of them and even he can throw for 180 yards 2 tds and 2 ints and win by 22 like they did vs the bears. When does Tua get that benefit? The fact of the matter is this team is too qb reliant without having a generational talent at qb.

Take a few days sort out your emotion from reality. Come back here when you realize we are still in the playoff hunt and still control our own destiny.

You think it's very possible we beat the Patriots? Lol sorry but stopped reading after that.

Unfortunately will have no other choice than to pay him a **** load of money with his stats he will command high pay.

That is not true my friend.

Many of us not only had the Dolphins as a playoff team, but pegged with 11-12 wins.

If we don’t beat the patriots & jets finheaven will be on defcon 5

Back
Top Bottom