Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

Played very well in Buffalo and played great in the 1st half yesterday. I think Tua completely lost confidence yesterday, that last time we saw that was in the Titans game last year. Other than that, let's face it, Tua has played pretty good
I'm not even sure Tua's play over the last 4 games is even in the top 5 of problems...LOL

Bro you’re literally throwing shade at Tua on a soapbox by asking this type of question and you post your opinion. It was a question with a hidden agenda. But you do you. Keep on flip flopping.
You, my friend are wrong. I simply do not see Tua as the leader of this franchise, and before shelling out millions of dollars for a second contract, I’m simply wondering what his trade value might be… I could not care less who’s name is on the back of the quarterbacks jersey… but when games are on the line, I care that my quarterback can do what it takes to overcome the odds…

I’m not throwing shade at anybody for any particular reason, and I don’t have any agenda

I'm not even sure Tua's play over the last 4 games is even in the top 5 of problems...LOL
I'd say this is correct. The QB takes the blame and yesterday sucked but over-all Tua has been pretty great this year. We need perspective, if we had won 4 in a row to get to 8-7 we'd all be singing his praises right now

I think the Jets would swap Zach Wilson straight up for Tua.

I’d give Tua a 10-year/$350 million extension before taking on Wilson’s rookie deal or signing him to a 1- year non guaranteed deal if cut.

Wilson is the only QB in the NFL (practice squad and current street FAs included) who I would take Skylar Thompson over.

I get all the emotion, and I am more dejected than usual about yesterday's game.
I'm not going to defend Tua's 2nd half yesterday.
But I'll say this: that Mostert fumble at the end of the first half flipped the game. He holds onto the ball and if we get only a FG, different game.
Sorry, but games turn on funky plays- fumbles, missed FG's, botched punts, and I am convinced that play is what changed the momentum of the game.

All QB throw INTs. All QBs make mistakes like Tua does.
Brady was horrible for 3 quarters last night. Just awful throwing the ball, ints.
But when it mattered in the 4th quarter/OT a 45 year old led his team 3 straight scoring drives. He made accurate throws. More importantly he made all the correct reads. His QB IQ was up to task.

Yesterday in the 4th quarter on 3 straight drives Tua made inaccurate throws, made incorrect reads and panicked and threw 3 picks and led his team to a loss.
When it mattered Tua showed is he is NOT the guy. His QB IQ does not seem to be good when pressure is on and plays matter.
After 3 years of watching him it is highly unlikely he will ever be that guy a team wants to win them a game.

I get he has bad coaching with Flores. I dont know why people like McDaniel. His play calling sucks as well and seems to be clueless in the 4th quarter. He is no different than Gase in reality.

You, my friend are wrong. I simply do not see Tua as the leader of this franchise, and before shelling out millions of dollars for a second contract, I’m simply wondering what his trade value might be… I could not care less who’s name is on the back of the quarterbacks jersey… but when games are on the line, I care that my quarterback can do what it takes to overcome the odds…

I’m not throwing shade at anybody for any particular reason, and I don’t have any agenda
Wait, I thought you said you simply were asking what Tua's trade value is? You are throwing shade at people, doesn't cover your agenda.

I get all the emotion, and I am more dejected than usual about yesterday's game.
I'm not going to defend Tua's 2nd half yesterday.
But I'll say this: that Mostert fumble at the end of the first half flipped the game. He holds onto the ball and if we get only a FG, different game.
Sorry, but games turn on funky plays- fumbles, missed FG's, botched punts, and I am convinced that play is what changed the momentum of the game.

That fumble was huge then the missed fg by sanders think made it feel like Tua needed to win it with his arm and he just choked. Succeeding when pressure was on has been something he’s usually good at so not making a huge deal out of it. Sucks but end of the day going winless in December won’t matter if we win every game in January

Wait, I thought you said you simply were asking what Tua's trade value is? You are throwing shade at people, doesn't cover your agenda.
ok... read into it however you want. I don't dislike Tua... I simply don't think he has shown he is this franchises future based on his inability to show he can take over a game. If that is shade then my umbrella is wide open. It is my reason for my opinion. I am not emotionally attached to a single player.

Once again, fans here cherry pick words and avoid the original point. The question(s) I asked may be controversial, but I am a fan of the team and if you can't/won't answer the question(s) then that's ok.

All QB throw INTs. All QBs make mistakes like Tua does.
Brady was horrible for 3 quarters last night. Just awful throwing the ball, ints.
But when it mattered in the 4th quarter/OT a 45 year old led his team 3 straight scoring drives. He made accurate throws. More importantly he made all the correct reads. His QB IQ was up to task.

Yesterday in the 4th quarter on 3 straight drives Tua made inaccurate throws, made incorrect reads and panicked and threw 3 picks and led his team to a loss.
When it mattered Tua showed is he is NOT the guy. His QB IQ does not seem to be good when pressure is on and plays matter.
After 3 years of watching him it is highly unlikely he will ever be that guy a team wants to win them a game.

I get he has bad coaching with Flores. I dont know why people like McDaniel. His play calling sucks as well and seems to be clueless in the 4th quarter. He is no different than Gase in reality.
Wtf are you talking about? Did you forget the past 4th qtr comebacks especially the most recent one where he threw 6 TDs AT Baltimore? This is what I’m talking about everyone forgets his other games, as soon as he throws 3 picks it’s “he’s not the guy”.

Wtf are you talking about? Did you forget the past 4th qtr comebacks especially the most recent one where he threw 6 TDs AT Baltimore? This is what I’m talking about everyone forgets his other games, as soon as he throws 3 picks it’s “he’s not the guy”.
WTF are you talking about. He had a great game against Baltimore. ONE ****ing game. All QBs have great games once in a while. Jared Goff has had 5 great games this year. He is not the guy most teams want to win a title. Baker Mayfield has had 8 or 9 great games in 4 years. He is the guy? No. Tua has more crap games when it has mattered. Tua's QB skills and IQ are not good enough. Plus he is injury prone.
You must never want the Fins to be a championship team.

Back
Top Bottom