Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

If a Team has an Elite defense and multiple Pro Bowl caliber offensive weapons a team can go all the way to the Super Bowl and win with a below average quarterback.

• I honestly can't call our defense elite when we're ranked #20 and with only one defensive Pro Bowler,
  • We have a -5 turnover differential ranked #30
  • Tua only has 6 game winning drives and 4 - 4th quarter comebacks in his NFL career with only one of each happening this year both of them in the Baltimore game. Not exactly clutch...
Not jumping on any bandwagons here, just saying there's plenty of blame to go around for how our team is playing right now...

I think the Jets would swap Zach Wilson straight up for Tua.

I think fans have to stop looking at Tua as "an experiment", or someone that the organization is open to moving on from in the next year or so. It's not happening. Hate him all you want ( I happen to still like him despite his 4th quarter performance yesterday which was objectively bad), question him all you want, but try to accept the fact that he isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future. He's 1st in QB rating in the NFL and 6th in TDs thrown and that's missing 3 games. You don't just give up on that, and I'm as disappointed in the last 4 games as anyone else.

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂
Um, multiple people here thought we were a playoff team and still do! Whatchyoutalkinboutwillis?

My emotions are in check… I’m just not impressed with Tua… He has had many chances this season to prove he can take over a game and win it in the end… I’m not going to dissect each game he has played. I have watched him play, and I have watched other quarterbacks perform as well… Hell I watched Mr. irrelevant, pick our team apart…

He has not earned a mega contract with high hopes of being the ultimate savior behind center for this team… And that decision is coming around the corner…

If all you are going to do is defend, Tua, then join another thread… I was simply asking a question does he have any trade value or does he have much trade value… If you want to avoid the question at hand, and jump on a soapbox to defend him I guess that’s OK but you’re not answering the question

I could not care less about his winning percentage, because it is littered with non-playoff teams… What I do care about, is his ability to shoulder the team, and win when it counts… When things are going sideways and the **** is hitting the fan he has not stepped up and made the difference… Waiting another 3 to 5 years for him to develop some kind of consistency while paying him millions of dollars does not excite me

Last edited:
My emotions are in check… I’m just not impressed with Tua… He has had many chances this season to prove he can take over a game and win it in the end… I’m not going to dissect each game he has played. I have watched him play, and I have watched other quarterbacks perform as well… Hell I watched Mr. irrelevant, pick our team apart…

He has not heard a mega contract with high hopes of being the ultimate savior behind center for this team… And that decision is coming around the corner…

If all you are going to do is defend, Tua, then join another thread… I was simply asking a question does he have any trade value or does he have much trade value… If you want to avoid the question at hand, and jump on a soapbox to defend him I guess that’s OK but you’re not answering the question

I could not care less about his winning percentage, because it is littered with non-playoff teams… What I do care about, is his ability to shoulder the team, and win when it counts… When things are going sideways and the **** is hitting the fan he has not stepped up and made the difference… Waiting another 3 to 5 years for him to develop some kind of consistency while paying him millions of dollars does not excite me
Bro you’re literally throwing shade at Tua on a soapbox by asking this type of question and you post your opinion. It was a question with a hidden agenda. But you do you. Keep on flip flopping.

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂
I agree. The 4th qtr meltdown was brutal. Prior to that, he had how many picks? How many TDs? Passer rating of? One win and you’ll be playing in the playoffs. Anything can happen. Flaming him for that game, I get. But this doomsday stuff is nonsense. Your season isn’t over. Tua will be your qb in 2023- decide then whether or not he’s your qb. Not after a terrible game. He played very well vs Buffalo.

If we don’t beat the patriots & jets finheaven will be on defcon 5
After the way the team imploded yesterday, I actually think the Patriots game will be very difficult. They should have beaten the Bengals this week, the Raiders the week before, and should be highly motivated against a division rival at home.

Marino threw 5 in a game twice, 4 in a game twice, and 3 in a game 18 times. QB's throw picks. Josh Allen is was tied with the most picks this year before yesterday, think Buffalo fans want to run him out?

Fan are fans and want instant results. Tus is going nowhere and he will be fine. The offensive scheme needs to be adjusted as it's been figured out.

I agree. The 4th qtr meltdown was brutal. Prior to that, he had how many picks? How many TDs? Passer rating of? One win and you’ll be playing in the playoffs. Anything can happen. Flaming him for that game, I get. But this doomsday stuff is nonsense. Your season isn’t over. Tua will be your qb in 2023- decide then whether or not he’s your qb. Not after a terrible game. He played very well vs Buffalo.
Played very well in Buffalo and played great in the 1st half yesterday. I think Tua completely lost confidence yesterday, that last time we saw that was in the Titans game last year. Other than that, let's face it, Tua has played pretty good

I don’t know how you retain a coaching staff that has been gifted and all fence that should be at least top-five in the NFL and has failed to be consistent with the said gifts…

And I do not know how you hold on to hopefor a quarterback that has failed to thrive with these pieces around him… Because that had to be the plan, right?

This team shelled out a lot of money for the wide receiver and running backs and offensive tackle in order to make a volkswagon beetle into a Ferrari and now without draft pics and with a tight budget… The future is not as bright as it should look

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom