Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

I think Tua is good for now QB but you got have good back qb.. in case he get hurt.. During the season.. if u trying to win.. there is no way I would pay Tua 40 to 50 million yr.. we got 2 yr too find better qb or pay Tua..

I don’t think finding another qb better is an option, took us 20 years to find someone that could even be remotely considered top 10 top 15 for sure. That’s with trying 30 or so qbs from 1st and 2nd round picks to late round guys and undrafted guys along with high profile free agents and I don’t ever remember seeing anything close to what we saw most of this year. I’d take advantage and offer a low ball contract say 3 year 100 million fully guaranteed that sets in after next year. This gives Tua more guaranteed money while also giving Miami a bargain if he can stay healthy. In comparison this is Matt Ryan/Wentz money who offer much lower ceilings and probably a much lower floor than Tua. He would then be eligible for another major contract at the age of 28.

Put those weapons around a general, decent vet QB and it will bring wins. I'm suddenly going down the road of thinking that the Offense is carrying Tua. Never thought that before. Too many weapons on that unit to crap the bed in December. Defense is the same but that's on the Defensive backfield basically getting decimated, the coaching playcalling which is poor and them being on the field too long.
Probably one of the smartest responses in this whole thread. A high QBR because you have two of the fastest wide receivers in the game that inflate Tua’s stats with long runs after the catch, or outrun d backs to poorly thrown balls does not make Tua the best Qb in the league. If this team had Mahomes, Burrows, or Allen it might be undefeated. That’s not saying Tua can’t manage the game and get results, but almost any top 20 Qb could have the same results he achieved this year. Instead of trading Tua, fix the oline, with better protection it’s impossible to cover the wide receivers consistently and the offense will be consistently unstoppable.

"And BTW — NO ONE cares about your ‘fandom,’" he said in a separate tweet. "Being miserable is your own prerogative. Especially when the season isn’t over and the playoffs are ready and waiting. So, Jump ship & find another team. No one cares lol. Especially the Miami Dolphins and their players."

From Tua’s trainer to all of you haters.

Dumb idea on its face.

Tua is our QB.

Even if he weren’t in our plans, hell ESPECIALLY if he weren’t in our plans anymore - Why would anybody trade for him? We are a franchise that has been desperate for a QB for 2 decades. Now that we got one with talent, we’re just gonna get rid of him?!?

Yeah, I’m sure that wouldn’t be waiving a thousand foot tall red flag or anything.
:bobdole:

Dumb idea on its face.

Tua is our QB.

Even if he weren’t in our plans, hell ESPECIALLY if he weren’t in our plans anymore - Why would anybody trade for him? We are a franchise that has been desperate for a QB for 2 decades. Now that we got one with talent, we’re just gonna get rid of him?!?

Yeah, I’m sure that wouldn’t be waiving a thousand foot tall red flag or anything.
:bobdole:

There really aren’t any great options out there so I’d be shocked if Tua isn’t around one more year but there’s no chance he’s the long term QB unless it’s an incentive laden bargain deal which is going to be his only option IMHO. Nobody is giving him fat stacks.

Good points. He does seem to be more prone than average to acceleration deceleration TBI, which like you said is whip lash.

The trouble with that type of concussion compared to straight blunt trauma to a specific area of the head is the brain is hurt from the original point of contact in the direction of velocity (acceleration) and then the direction opposite of the velocity (deceleration). So usually the front and back of the brain receives an injury, even sometimes the sides.

It may have something due to his anatomy, more space than usual between his brain and skull, a lack of support at his brain stem, or low CSF levels decreasing cushioning. Since his brain is technically hit twice, he becomes more prone to recurrent injuries since he has a greater chance to get hit in previously injured areas.

His concussion v. Cinci was a pretty rough hit where he was whipped to the ground, the suspected Bills concussion and the GB one were agreeably soft hits that usually shouldn't cause concussions.

It has nothing to do with his build, I'm sure someone of even smaller stature could withstand the same hits without being concussed.

I agree he needs to protect himself better, because something is off with him in regards to his high propensity for concussions. Maybe he puts too much faith in his helmet, maybe he should consider a different style.

He needs rest to avoid another concussion. Hopefully Bridgewater can pull off a W vs the Pats with a Jets L to Seattle. Then we can rest Tua for the playoffs.

Yeah, post is long af, it's my thesis. Did I pass?!
Yeah it;s more to do with what you said. Does he have a weak neck? Like I said these weak hits and when he falls, it causes his neck to whip lash back which causes the hard hit to ground with back of his head. Other qbs especially with a standard tackle like bengals game will fall on their shoulder or back but neck doesn';t snap back hard that hits the ground which causes the concussion. I wonder if that's genetics or him not working strength in those areas that he genetically might be weaker in? Makes me wonder if his core is not as strong either, or back. People who have strong cores and backs can be pushed hard even if off balanced and not go flying back. Sure Tua was pushed when stepping back, but while he was pushed it didn't look like the hardest push by milano for bills either. I'm not so sure Burrow or hell. I'm not even talking about huge qbs like Allen, but standard qbs like kirk cousins or dak would go flying back like Tua did and fall hard and head snapped back like that. I do think that also might have happened to because of his weight and size as a bigger isn't ragdolled as easily or pushed around

Zero chance he plays this week. They’ll get killed nationally.

Hell, they‘ll get killed nationally if they play him next week as well.
This is going be problem for while..get used too it..it no hiding from it.

Tua absolutely has trade value, pending him being under contract. That's because he's a really good quarterback who is -- unfortunately -- injured somewhat frequently. Some team out there will absolutely decide to gamble on him staying healthy, because he's one of the best quarterbacks in the sport.

Unfortunately for the Dolphins, Chris Grier is probably stupid enough to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom