Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

I'd say he's worth a 2nd round pick right now. Looking at what teams gave up for Wentz, Wilson, and Ryan I don't see how he's worth any less.
All three of those QBs weren't going to get any better, Tua still can and some teams with defenses who don't need their offense to do everything can take the next step with him. I'm thinking of Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Texans aaand the Broncos, Commanders, Colts to name a few.
It's not cherry picking if I call you out for repeating the same point. If you were throwing shade at yourself, then the umbrella comment might be witty.
idk with tua's injury history. Teams are scared tua is probably one more hit from having to retire

We have seen enough of this experiment. Tua has some quality traits but being clutch and adlibbing aren't in the mix.

The Dolphins went all in on offense and have failed to score more than 25 PPG .... while allowing 21+ ... this math doesn't bode well for winning consistently and it doesn't come close to being a playoff contender.

So... does Tua have enough trade value to interest another team to help the Dolphins start over.... again? Cleaning the house on the coaching staff and getting rid of some dead weight on the cap is easier said than done and I know Tua's contract isn't a factor.... until he is re-signed ... but with some manipulation and magic is it feasible to think the team could be totally revamped?

We have issues on D and a Qb that hasn't shown the "it" factor needed from a signal caller. Having said that there is a great deal of offensive weaponry and with a solid coaching staff there are qb's that could flourish on this team.

There are plenty of "reasons" Tua can't live up to expectations starting with a solid OL.... but in the end, he isn't the player needed at the most important position. Sure, the defense could be better and take some pressure off of the offense but having a guy behind center that not only can but consistently does make clutch plays is a threat every snap. We don't have that and wasting the years ahead of the 2 elite WR's we do have would be a tragedy. Passing stats be damned ... winning is the stat that matters.... Tua hasn't shown he is a winner.

As the Human Torch would say when things got dicey.... Flame on.

R.b210cd7b1d05fbd2a2961387465cf7e8
Jesus Christ.

yeah... and the bad news is he has diminished any trade value by being labeled as a concussion risk. He will probably line up under center next season and have some wonderful stats...and the twitter feeds and I told you so's will fill the board ad nauseum... then lead us to an 8/9-win season ... again.... that's when this thread, while still irrelevant to many, will start a new life with a new poster and title. But it will be too late.

It is what it is and unless the FO moves on from this gimmicky cluster, we Dolphin fans will continue our long vacation in NFL purgatory.

On the brighter side (I guess) is we will have draft picks the following year and only be picking in the 15-20 range.... again....
unfortunately, with age players lose speed and another window will be closing. This offense was built around a #5 (high expectations) draft pick with weapons to destroy with the hope that our defense was real.

They need to try again IMO before shelling out the $$$$$. I'm not pissed or bitter.... just have to get a lumbar adjustment from the continuous head shaking. Many of the posters on this board have better insights than we have witnessed.
FYI... It’s a cervical adjustment & not a lumbar adjustment if you are talking about getting your neck adjusted. I do enjoy your posts btw.

Healthy he is worth a first rounder and more. But i doubt we get anything with all the injuries. He deserves a medal for suiting up after he was carted off the field in a stretcher.

You could probably move Tua for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, not both...either/or.

It's Michael
Hey bud. We usually get along but I really struggle with any of these trade Tua concepts. I know to you, that's perhaps immaterial. However, it seems you have all so swiftly forgotten what he was doing earlier in the year and what we went through for 20 + years to find someone who could return us to a prominent passing attack. To suddenly expect that we're going to move on and seamlessly find someone better is beyond foolish.

Hey bud. We usually get along but I really struggle with any of these trade Tua concepts. I know to you, that's perhaps immaterial. However, it seems you have all so swiftly forgotten what he was doing earlier in the year and what we went through for 20 + years to find someone who could return us to a prominent passing attack. To suddenly expect that we're going to move on and seamlessly find someone better is bey ond foolish.
No problem my friend. Just don't see the sustainability and with our lack of resources I see a bad moon arisin'. We will probably pay the man and see this situation not improve. I don't believe he is the long-term answer... hope I'm wrong.

I started the thread before the news of another concussion was reported. Tua isn't built to take a pounding and this team hasn't been able to field an NFL caliber OL for a long time. Logic tells me there's more pounding coming. I admire what Tua accomplished but even before the season is finished DC's have figured out a way to confuse/trump his magic and I haven't seen his ability to overcome. He is short, built small and can't really scramble... not a good list of traits for our franchise QB ... when you add the lack of resources to help then I have to think there is more to come.... and it's not tilted in our favor.

I don't have any intention of pi$$ing ppl off... not my style... but as a fan of the team and a member of the forum... I have a right to state my opinion... controversial or not. 🍻

BTW... I never said or implied that I "suddenly expect that we're going to move on and seamlessly find someone better".... starting all over again is gonna be hard ... as Mel and Tim used to sing.

Tua has zero trade value. Nobody wanted him last year when we were going to trade for DeShaun Watson.

If we don’t beat the patriots & jets finheaven will be on defcon 5
Tua will likely miss the last two games and that means the Dolphins will not have a chance of making the playoffs. Bridgewater isn’t good enough to beat the Patriots and the Jets defense will shut down the Dolphins offense without Tua at QB.

While Tua‘s major issue is his ability to avoid injury. He is still a top 10 QB when he is healthy. Put him on a team with a top 10 offensive line and a decent running game and he will be a consistent pro bowl QB.

I believe that the Dolphins will stick with Tua and continue to build around him. Yet if they do decide to trade him and bring in another QB, they are going to spend the next 20 years looking for another QB to replace him and regretting that they ever traded him in the first place.

Tua will likely miss the last two games and that means the Dolphins will not have a chance of making the playoffs. Bridgewater isn’t good enough to beat the Patriots and the Jets defense will shut down the Dolphins offense without Tua at QB.

While Tua‘s major issue is his ability to avoid injury. He is still a top 10 QB when he is healthy. Put him on a team with a top 10 offensive line and a decent running game and he will be a consistent pro bowl QB.

I believe that the Dolphins will stick with Tua and continue to build around him. Yet if they do decide to trade him and bring in another QB, they are going to spend the next 20 years looking for another QB to replace him and regretting that they ever traded him in the first place.

Tua may play the Jets my op

Back
Top Bottom