Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

Idk if he's a troll but do you know what options we have with Tua for 2023? Just curious because really looking at his play over the next two+ games
None. He’s going to be the QB for next year at least. So it’s not even worth talking about IMHO. No one in this upcoming draft holds a candle to him and it’s a waste just to sign a vet.

None. He’s going to be the QB for next year at least. So it’s not even worth talking about IMHO. No one in this upcoming draft holds a candle to him and it’s a waste just to sign a vet.
gotcha but is next year decision wise regarding salary or is he already locked down by us for his original contract?

Put those weapons around a general, decent vet QB and it will bring wins. I'm suddenly going down the road of thinking that the Offense is carrying Tua. Never thought that before. Too many weapons on that unit to crap the bed in December. Defense is the same but that's on the Defensive backfield basically getting decimated, the coaching playcalling which is poor and them being on the field too long.
Tua is not clutch, and if you disrupt the play or take away his "spot" he doesn't seem like he can improvise. I wouldn't be surprised if some of his interceptions were due to him throwing to a spot and he had no idea that his WR wasn't there. He has admitted that sometimes he can't see downfield. IMO, with this somewhat improved o-line along with Mostert, Wilson at RB, and Hill and Waddle at WR, even Chan Gailey with Fitz at QB would've had a playoff spot clinched already. Where Tua gets crushed, Fitz would have run over defenders and made something happen. Miami needs a bigger, stronger, and more athletic QB.

Your posts are fine.......

I don't necessarily agree with how you are viewing the Tua situation, but there was nothing insulting about your posts
I view the Tua situation like this....

He was a #5 overall pick in the draft (yes with injuries) and the expectation was/is that he would be a top tier Qb... top tier Qb's are expected to win (yes they have hiccups) but when the stuff hits the fan and slide sideways, they are expected to be a difference maker (no, not every time) more often than not.

He is coming up on his contract year and there is no indication he can win a heated contest or a bad weather game. Yes, it's a team game and we have issues in key places. We can't fix those issues (lack of picks and money) before handing him a multi-million dollar long-term deal.... and that is where I'm coming from.

I believe if Tua is surrounded by an all-pro OL along with the Wr's we have and the speed/skill @Rb... then he will ball out most of the time. That fantasy isn't reasonable. When you're down 10 points in the 4th Qtr. (Bucs last night) and you're fighting for your division title.... you have to be able to come back and win the game... no, you won't/can't always do that, but the Qb has to have the confidence and proven ability he can.... and will.

I don't believe Tua has that ability. So, I don't believe he is the long-term answer ... and IF he isn't and we sign him to said contract the weapons around him will be gone by the time he moves on. Sure, there are always weapons to be had... but a pairing of Hill/Waddle doesn't grow on trees.

We've already spent a ton of money giving him and the coaching staff an explosive offense ... both have failed to take advantage of the expectations IMO.

So I ask the questions...Does he have much trade value... and is it feasible to bail on this coaching staff and start over?

Sorry for the long-winded reply...

He was a #5 overall pick in the draft (yes with injuries) and the expectation was/is that he would be a top tier Qb... top tier Qb's are expected to win (yes they have hiccups) but when the stuff hits the fan and slide sideways, they are expected to be a difference maker (no, not every time) more often than not.

He is coming up on his contract year and there is no indication he can win a heated contest or a bad weather game. Yes, it's a team game and we have issues in key places. We can't fix those issues (lack of picks and money) before handing him a multi-million dollar long-term deal.... and that is where I'm coming from.

I believe if Tua is surrounded by an all-pro OL along with the Wr's we have and the speed/skill @Rb... then he will ball out most of the time. That fantasy isn't reasonable. When you're down 10 points in the 4th Qtr. (Bucs last night) and you're fighting for your division title.... you have to be able to come back and win the game... no, you won't/can't always do that, but the Qb has to have the confidence and proven ability he can.... and will.

I don't believe Tua has that ability. So, I don't believe he is the long-term answer ... and IF he isn't and we sign him to said contract the weapons around him will be gone by the time he moves on. Sure, there are always weapons to be had... but a pairing of Hill/Waddle doesn't grow on trees.

We've already spent a ton of money giving him and the coaching staff an explosive offense ... both have failed to take advantage of the expectations IMO.

So I ask the questions...Does he have much trade value... and is it feasible to bail on this coaching staff and start over?

you dont bail on the coaches after one year....new defensive OC? sure but to get rid of McDaniel after one year is insane. Same with trading Tua, just dont see it happening.

Marino threw 5 in a game twice, 4 in a game twice, and 3 in a game 18 times. QB's throw picks. Josh Allen is was tied with the most picks this year before yesterday, think Buffalo fans want to run him out?

Fan are fans and want instant results. Tus is going nowhere and he will be fine. The offensive scheme needs to be adjusted as it's been figured out.
Knock it off. Reasonable, accurate answers that make sense such as yours are not welcome. Guys seem to have much more fun wailing in despair than understanding how a team is built.

Adjustments are certainly required.

I’m not too worried if we make the playoffs this year. If we do I think we’ll be bounced immediately and then we’re back to Tua sucks, burn it down, etc.

With a new DC, some new D guys, and a head coach that has an entire off season to figure out what he did well and poorly, perhaps the Holy Grail can be achieved:

Consistency.

I’m old enough to remember when Terry Bradshaw was despised in Pittsburgh. Lotta picks, inaccurate throws, poor judgement…

…for years.

Why’d we draft this guy? He’s awful!

Pittsburgh fans once hung him in effigy during a game.

We’re hardly the first team to want to abandon a QB because we didn’t get a Lombardi soon enough to please everybody.

This is Tua’s third year, second head coach, and first season he’s gotten any kind of support.

His 3 picks sucked. But he’s done pretty well other than that. Oh, have you heard? Other than a few guys named Wilkins, Sieler, and Phillips, we have no D. And a bozo directing them. That does have a bearing on winning football games.

I think the difference between how we view this is that you have made up your mind about Tua's ability and upside.......I have not.

I have actually seen enough to want to keep going and continue to build and let Tua learn and get better. Right now, we see flashes followed by lows. You might recall a similar experience with Josh Allen and the bills fans wanting to run him out of town his first couple of years with the team before it clicked for him. Hell, 4 weeks ago this same site was crowning Tua our heir apparent to Marino with the leap he has taken this year......4 weeks later he is a bum who needs to be disposed of. He is 5-0 against the Patriots and split with the Bills this year, and if we hang on to a pass or two in the Bills game, we win that game on the road

How many coaches have we had since 2000? How many QB's? I'm not so sure that the constant turning of players and coaches has really served us well over the last 22 years......we have nothing to show for it and have "burned it down and started over" multiple times. Like a smoker who quits every year....we don't learn.

Give these guys time. I get the frustrations and disappointment but continuing to do what we have done for the last two decades with no success isn't likely going to lead to future success....just the opposite.

Also, two old Fern Park guys like us are entitled to long winded replies.......

LOL... didn't know you were familiar with Fern Park ... what's the connection?

I think the difference between how we view this is that you have made up your mind about Tua's ability and upside.......I have not.

I have actually seen enough to want to keep going and continue to build and let Tua learn and get better. Right now, we see flashes followed by lows. You might recall a similar experience with Josh Allen and the bills fans wanting to run him out of town his first couple of years with the team before it clicked for him. Hell, 4 weeks ago this same site was crowning Tua our heir apparent to Marino with the leap he has taken this year......4 weeks later he is a bum who needs to be disposed of. He is 5-0 against the Patriots and split with the Bills this year, and if we hang on to a pass or two in the Bills game, we win that game on the road

How many coaches have we had since 2000? How many QB's? I'm not so sure that the constant turning of players and coaches has really served us well over the last 22 years......we have nothing to show for it and have "burned it down and started over" multiple times. Like a smoker who quits every year....we don't learn.

Give these guys time. I get the frustrations and disappointment but continuing to do what we have done for the last two decades with no success isn't likely going to lead to future success....just the opposite.

Also, two old Fern Park guys like us are entitled to long winded replies.......
Well... he's in concussion protocol again ... so we will see

LOL... didn't know you were familiar with Fern Park ... what's the connection?
We had a long conversation once about the "Caboose" or Fern Park Station as it was also known as and some of the entertainment that used to play at the place. I had mentioned I saw Molly Hatchet there before they actually hit it big.........

I’m old enough to remember when Terry Bradshaw was despised in Pittsburgh. Lotta picks, inaccurate throws, poor judgement…

…for years.

Why’d we draft this guy? He’s awful!

Pittsburgh fans once hung him in effigy during a game.

We’re hardly the first team to want to abandon a QB because we didn’t get a Lombardi soon enough to please everybody.

This is Tua’s third year, second head coach, and first season he’s gotten any kind of support.

His 3 picks sucked. But he’s done pretty well other than that. Oh, have you heard? Other than a few guys named Wilkins, Sieler, and Phillips, we have no D. And a bozo directing them. That does have a bearing on winning football games.
To be fair I never mentioned his 3 picks... I was/am considering the body of work to date ... it isn't there and he's in concussion protocol ... again... at least Bradshaw could take a beating, but I digress

It's about the future of this team and in a passing league the Qb needs to be dependable and consistent. The first year it's "he shouldn't have been rushed in after a devastating injury"... then it was "the coach had it out for him" now it's "give him time, it's his first year with a rookie HC" ....

In a solid system with a sound defense behind him and a protective OL he will be fine.... I would explore my options and find out what draft capital we could get, hire an experienced HC with a defensive mindset and an OC with enough experience to get the most out of the lightening in a bottle we have at the skills.... this includes the Rb's. We have needs to fill to become contenders ... Cb, Lb edge TE... and probably 3 on the OL... not to mention a kicker and punter.... lots of cabbage and draft picks... we have neither. tick tock

Back
Top Bottom