Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

No. They will go with him again. I think we bring in a more capable backup. Think Baker.
They desperately need to get a new ST & Defense coach. Bring in another tackle and CB's.
I know it's not all doable right away but we have a small window to act try and get to the super bowl.
Nice card!!!

We have seen enough of this experiment. Tua has some quality traits but being clutch and adlibbing aren't in the mix.

The Dolphins went all in on offense and have failed to score more than 25 PPG .... while allowing 21+ ... this math doesn't bode well for winning consistently and it doesn't come close to being a playoff contender.

So... does Tua have enough trade value to interest another team to help the Dolphins start over.... again? Cleaning the house on the coaching staff and getting rid of some dead weight on the cap is easier said than done and I know Tua's contract isn't a factor.... until he is re-signed ... but with some manipulation and magic is it feasible to think the team could be totally revamped?

We have issues on D and a Qb that hasn't shown the "it" factor needed from a signal caller. Having said that there is a great deal of offensive weaponry and with a solid coaching staff there are qb's that could flourish on this team.

There are plenty of "reasons" Tua can't live up to expectations starting with a solid OL.... but in the end, he isn't the player needed at the most important position. Sure, the defense could be better and take some pressure off of the offense but having a guy behind center that not only can but consistently does make clutch plays is a threat every snap. We don't have that and wasting the years ahead of the 2 elite WR's we do have would be a tragedy. Passing stats be damned ... winning is the stat that matters.... Tua hasn't shown he is a winner.

As the Human Torch would say when things got dicey.... Flame on.

R.b210cd7b1d05fbd2a2961387465cf7e8

I don't know.....someone might take a flyer with a 3rd or 4th. Most teams take a chance on QBs. Just look at Mayfield.

idk with tua's injury history. Teams are scared tua is probably one more hit from having to retire
Wentz has a pretty stocky build and has always been injury prone... pulled a great value somehow 🤷

I don’t know how you retain a coaching staff that has been gifted and all fence that should be at least top-five in the NFL and has failed to be consistent with the said gifts…

And I do not know how you hold on to hopefor a quarterback that has failed to thrive with these pieces around him… Because that had to be the plan, right?

This team shelled out a lot of money for the wide receiver and running backs and offensive tackle in order to make a volkswagon beetle into a Ferrari and now without draft pics and with a tight budget… The future is not as bright as it should look
Hope you do know that the WC offense takes over a season to learn. The reason the did so well is a testament to McD's teaching. The only thing he needs to learn which I know he will with experience is speed up his calling in the plays quicker and using the run game more.

We have seen enough of this experiment. Tua has some quality traits but being clutch and adlibbing aren't in the mix.

We’ve seen enough of ridiculous posts like this one, too, but alas we never get reprieve, do we?

In all seriousness, if you are seriously questioning the “clutch“ abilities of Tua — then you just shouldn’t be taken seriously by anyone anymore.

There’s simply no basis for it.

You clearly not only didn’t pay attention Tua’s collegiate career — where he put on one of the most clutch performances in NCAA history as a true freshman — but haven’t noticed that his Q4 production and efficiency are off the charts and place him among the best of the past 30 years.

Clearly you are unaware of that or purposely ignoring it. Or will somehow position Q4 production as not being relevant. Either way, that’s on you. And damning evidence why you shoudn’t be taken seriously.

As for the “ad libbing” stuff, I’m not going to argue that, as that has never been a strength of Tua. But neither was it for the likes of Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and countless others that weren’t/aren’t athletic freaks. Turns out they still led their teams to titles and lots of wins with the right talent and coaching surrounding them on both sides of the ball.

Someone please help stop this insanity!

We’ve seen enough of ridiculous posts like this one, too, but alas we never get reprieve, do we?

In all seriousness, if you are seriously questioning the “clutch“ abilities of Tua — then you just shouldn’t be taken seriously by anyone anymore.

You clearly not only didn’t pay attention Tua’s collegiate career — where he put on one of the most clutch performances in NCAA history as a true freshman — but haven’t noticed that his Q4 production and efficiency are off the charts and place him among the best of the past 30 years.

Clearly you are unaware of that or purposely ignoring it. Or will somehow position Q4 production as not being relevant. Either way, that’s on you. And damning evidence why you shoudn’t be taken seriously.

As for the “ad libbing” stuff, I’m not going to argue that, as that has never been a strength of Tua. But neither was it for the likes of Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and countless others that weren’t/aren’t athletic freaks. Turns out they still led their teams to titles and lots of wins with the right talent and coaching surrounding them on both sides of the ball.

You need to visit the Optimistic thread for awhile.....it is good for the soul

Not asking you or anybody to take me seriously... not even asking you or anybody to read and/or reply... no need to make it personal

You're right... I did not follow his collegiate career... I am a Miami Dolphins fan and couldn't care less what someone did years ago.

You can disagree with me forever... but attacking me is childish... I simply stated my opinion.

Hope you do know that the WC offense takes over a season to learn. The reason the did so well is a testament to McD's teaching. The only thing he needs to learn which I know he will with experience is speed up his calling in the plays quicker and using the run game more.
ok... so now we are saying anything he doesn't do well is because he hasn't learned the offense... got it. I appreciate the insight and hopefully, in time, all will be just fine.

Wentz has a pretty stocky build and has always been injury prone... pulled a great value somehow 🤷
yeah but concussions are another thing. That can make a player retire sooner than later. I know other players in league get concussions, but the troubling part with tua is how easily he gets whiplashed compared to the same tackle not doing that to other qbs. And how bad he falls, he needs to learn how to fall and fast. Like someone connect him to dwayne johnson how to fall without cracking back of his head. The tackle vs packers was an every day sack or trip up tackle I've seen numerous times against other qbs and they don't fall hard on back of their head, but instead on back or shoulders. The fact that non brutal tackles are causing his concussions bothers me, because if that's causing it, what's gonna happen when he gets rocked?

Zero chance he plays this week. They’ll get killed nationally.

Hell, they‘ll get killed nationally if they play him next week as well.
They;ll probably get killed if miami manages to get into playoffs and Tua was to play in wildcard game too. Basically I don't think Tua can play rest of this season or else miami dolphins would get scrutinized big time

I think Tua is good for now QB but you got have good back qb.. in case he get hurt.. During the season.. if u trying to win.. there is no way I would pay Tua 40 to 50 million yr.. we got 2 yr too find better qb or pay Tua..

Last edited:
yeah but concussions are another thing. That can make a player retire sooner than later. I know other players in league get concussions, but the troubling part with tua is how easily he gets whiplashed compared to the same tackle not doing that to other qbs. And how bad he falls, he needs to learn how to fall and fast. Like someone connect him to dwayne johnson how to fall without cracking back of his head. The tackle vs packers was an every day sack or trip up tackle I've seen numerous times against other qbs and they don't fall hard on back of their head, but instead on back or shoulders. The fact that non brutal tackles are causing his concussions bothers me, because if that's causing it, what's gonna happen when he gets rocked?
Good points. He does seem to be more prone than average to acceleration deceleration TBI, which like you said is whip lash.

The trouble with that type of concussion compared to straight blunt trauma to a specific area of the head is the brain is hurt from the original point of contact in the direction of velocity (acceleration) and then the direction opposite of the velocity (deceleration). So usually the front and back of the brain receives an injury, even sometimes the sides.

It may have something due to his anatomy, more space than usual between his brain and skull, a lack of support at his brain stem, or low CSF levels decreasing cushioning. Since his brain is technically hit twice, he becomes more prone to recurrent injuries since he has a greater chance to get hit in previously injured areas.

His concussion v. Cinci was a pretty rough hit where he was whipped to the ground, the suspected Bills concussion and the GB one were agreeably soft hits that usually shouldn't cause concussions.

It has nothing to do with his build, I'm sure someone of even smaller stature could withstand the same hits without being concussed.

I agree he needs to protect himself better, because something is off with him in regards to his high propensity for concussions. Maybe he puts too much faith in his helmet, maybe he should consider a different style.

He needs rest to avoid another concussion. Hopefully Bridgewater can pull off a W vs the Pats with a Jets L to Seattle. Then we can rest Tua for the playoffs.

Yeah, post is long af, it's my thesis. Did I pass?!

Back
Top Bottom