Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

Oh yeah lol.... born in Orlando but my teenage and young adult life was in Casselberry.... memories

Well seems like most people are doubters of Tua now.
4 straight losses will do that.

He had a bad quarter the other day. Now it’s coming out because he got his bell ring, which makes sense.

I was pointing out to my sons how he was running for his life a LOT the other day. As with Tannehill before him, a few hits are on Tua.

Most are on the line. They’re better than they were, but still not very good.

And then there’s the D….

You know why Marino never won a SB? He never had a team.

He had an awesome pass protection line and unreal receivers. A token running game, not spectacular.

Oh yeah: no defense.

DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR????

Back to the original question. Could we get something in a trade for Tua? The answer with all this concussion stuff is no.

I don’t think I’ve seen a fan base turn on their qb this fast. From greatest since Marino to this guy is garbage in 4 weeks.

The same fan base that ripped people for saying let’s be patient or maybe he isn’t as good as some other guys today etc.

I still think we need to be patient. He can clearly start in this league. Question is, if that good enough? If he’s Kirk Cousins is that good enough? Very few teams end up with better than Kirk Cousins, but we all desperately want a mahomes. Problem is there’s one mahomes.

With our cap space and options I hope Tua is the guy next year unless you get very lucky in the draft. I don’t want any part of Lamar, especially for the money he would command.

This may be harsh but does he have a Baker Mayfield trajectory? Shown some good stuff but too inconsistent to be relied on as a starter..

Vegas had us at 8.5 wins, that was the general consensus, if you are saying you or anyone else expected 11 wins you are a liar or just simply have unreasonable expectations. This was the expectation with an elite defense as well. We have a bottom 5 defense. This team was built thinking we had an elite defense so hey let’s bring in hill and some protection and Tua needs to be decent and we’d be a contender. Instead we ended up with a bottom 5 defense and Tua had to be an mvp candidate in order to compete and even then we were only winning one score games while scoring every single drive. No qb can continually put up and keep teams a float. Not Mahomes, not Allen they both have had periods and multiple games where they had multiple turnovers. They have solid overall teams that can pick up the pace when their qb struggles. There’s not a single game where Tua has played sub par that we’ve won. They expectation of relying on a qb for a perfect game is just an awful gameplan however we don’t have a choice with our defense.
There were some spots that used 8.5 early. But most opened at 9. On the eve of the season opener it was 9 with -140 juice on the over. Those bettors are sweating it right now.

There is one guy who played huge into a prop over 7.5 wins. He paid the big juice to get the lower number but now already has it covered, and can win even more if Miami makes the playoffs:

There were some spots that used 8.5 early. But most opened at 9. On the eve of the season opener it was 9 with -140 juice on the over. Those bettors are sweating it right now.

There is one guy who played huge into a prop over 7.5 wins. He paid the big juice to get the lower number but now already has it covered, and can win even more if Miami makes the playoffs:

Either way point is we were expected right around where we are and that’s with what many expected to be an elite defense top 10 unit at worst. Instead we have a bottom 5 unit in which the offense has to do much more to win games. The plan was never to have Tua be an elite qb. It was hey combine hill with some blocking and if Tua can be solid along with a top defense we’d be a contender, the defense foiled that plan

In a solid system with a sound defense behind him and a protective OL he will be fine.... I would explore my options and find out what draft capital we could get, hire an experienced HC with a defensive mindset and an OC with enough experience to get the most out of the lightening in a bottle we have at the skills. lots of cabbage and draft picks... we have neither. tick tock
The good thing is you are not yet saddled with a $250,000,000 contract. Pity the Broncos.

The good thing is you are not yet saddled with a $250,000,000 contract. Pity the Broncos.
yeah... and the bad news is he has diminished any trade value by being labeled as a concussion risk. He will probably line up under center next season and have some wonderful stats...and the twitter feeds and I told you so's will fill the board ad nauseum... then lead us to an 8/9-win season ... again.... that's when this thread, while still irrelevant to many, will start a new life with a new poster and title. But it will be too late.

It is what it is and unless the FO moves on from this gimmicky cluster, we Dolphin fans will continue our long vacation in NFL purgatory.

On the brighter side (I guess) is we will have draft picks the following year and only be picking in the 15-20 range.... again....
unfortunately, with age players lose speed and another window will be closing. This offense was built around a #5 (high expectations) draft pick with weapons to destroy with the hope that our defense was real.

They need to try again IMO before shelling out the $$$$$. I'm not pissed or bitter.... just have to get a lumbar adjustment from the continuous head shaking. Many of the posters on this board have better insights than we have witnessed.

No. They will go with him again. I think we bring in a more capable backup. Think Baker.
They desperately need to get a new ST & Defense coach. Bring in another tackle and CB's.
I know it's not all doable right away but we have a small window to act try and get to the super bowl.

yeah... and the bad news is he has diminished any trade value by being labeled as a concussion risk. He will probably line up under center next season and have some wonderful stats...and the twitter feeds and I told you so's will fill the board ad nauseum... then lead us to an 8/9-win season ... again.... that's when this thread, while still irrelevant to many, will start a new life with a new poster and title. But it will be too late.

It is what it is and unless the FO moves on from this gimmicky cluster, we Dolphin fans will continue our long vacation in NFL purgatory.

On the brighter side (I guess) is we will have draft picks the following year and only be picking in the 15-20 range.... again....
unfortunately, with age players lose speed and another window will be closing. This offense was built around a #5 (high expectations) draft pick with weapons to destroy with the hope that our defense was real.

They need to try again IMO before shelling out the $$$$$. I'm not pissed or bitter.... just have to get a lumbar adjustment from the continuous head shaking. Many of the posters on this board have better insights than we have witnessed.
Even if your concerns about Tua are correct, there’s no turning on a dime. If you dump him, then what? It took decades to get even him. And the team is in no position to get someone else now: they don’t have the draft assets, don’t have the money, etc. If the Tua project blows up, things may only turn around many years from now absent extraordinary circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom