Does Tua have much trade value? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Tua have much trade value?

WTF are you talking about. He had a great game against Baltimore. ONE ****ing game. All QBs have great games once in a while. Jared Goff has had 5 great games this year. He is not the guy most teams want to win a title. Baker Mayfield has had 8 or 9 great games in 4 years. He is the guy? No. Tua has more crap games when it has mattered. Tua's QB skills and IQ are not good enough. Plus he is injury prone.
You must never want the Fins to be a championship team.
I’m definitely not going to argue with someone who thinks that’s the only game he’s brought this team back in the 4th qtr and was his only good game this year, that was the most recent. He had great games against Lions, Bears, Browns, Bills this year alone and please don’t give me this dumbass excuse that those teams are shitty teams, just because of there record. They’re all NFL pro teams with the best of what the college teams have offered playing on that field. This what have you done for me lately mentality by fans is wack.

Ps. Neither of those QBs you’ve mentioned have had any of the stats Tua has had this year in their entire career in the NFL.

ok... read into it however you want. I don't dislike Tua... I simply don't think he has shown he is this franchises future based on his inability to show he can take over a game. If that is shade then my umbrella is wide open. It is my reason for my opinion. I am not emotionally attached to a single player.

Once again, fans here cherry pick words and avoid the original point. The question(s) I asked may be controversial, but I am a fan of the team and if you can't/won't answer the question(s) then that's ok.
I'd say he's worth a 2nd round pick right now. Looking at what teams gave up for Wentz, Wilson, and Ryan I don't see how he's worth any less.
All three of those QBs weren't going to get any better, Tua still can and some teams with defenses who don't need their offense to do everything can take the next step with him. I'm thinking of Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Texans aaand the Broncos, Commanders, Colts to name a few.
It's not cherry picking if I call you out for repeating the same point. If you were throwing shade at yourself, then the umbrella comment might be witty.

Marino threw 5 in a game twice, 4 in a game twice, and 3 in a game 18 times. QB's throw picks. Josh Allen is was tied with the most picks this year before yesterday, think Buffalo fans want to run him out?

Fan are fans and want instant results. Tus is going nowhere and he will be fine. The offensive scheme needs to be adjusted as it's been figured out.
I don't disagree with you whatsoever. I think Tua figures this out and gets back on track...

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂
SF blew us out. The Jets blew us out. Griers signings on defense have been no help, and Teddy has been worse than horrible. I believe many figured a 9-8 team in 2022 with a new offensive minded coach, the addition of hill, Armstead, Williams, Mostert and others would improve by a game and make the playoffs. I did.

Stop with this trade Tua, fire the coaches and clean house b.s. It's very possible we end up 10-7 and in the playoffs. No one on this site thought we were a playoff team before the season started. This staff is not giving up on Tua. There hasn't been a single game this season that we got smoked in, we were in all of them until the end.

Watching 3 picks in the 4th quarter was soul crushing. It ruined my Christmas. But in all honesty, this is the best team we've seen in decades. Tua gets another year with the proper weapons.

That is, as long as we win these last 2 games. If not, burn the f'ing place down! 😂
What? Everyone thought this was a deep playoff team. GM and coach thought so too. Look at the moves that were made. We sold our souls for this season and it’s backfiring.

I get all the emotion, and I am more dejected than usual about yesterday's game.
I'm not going to defend Tua's 2nd half yesterday.
But I'll say this: that Mostert fumble at the end of the first half flipped the game. He holds onto the ball and if we get only a FG, different game.
Sorry, but games turn on funky plays- fumbles, missed FG's, botched punts, and I am convinced that play is what changed the momentum of the game.
I mean I 100% agree with this, although this was overcomeable(yeah just made up a word... i think?)... Tua went into pressing mode again and he always gets into trouble when doing so. Doesnt make him a bad QB, it makes him a QB who had a horrible half of football...
I’m definitely not going to argue with someone who thinks that’s the only game he’s brought this team back in the 4th qtr and was his only good game this year, that was the most recent. He had great games against Lions, Bears, Browns, Bills this year alone and please don’t give me this dumbass excuse that those teams are shitty teams, just because of there record. They’re all NFL pro teams with the best of what the college teams have offered playing on that field. This what have you done for me lately mentality by fans is wack.

Ps. Neither of those QBs you’ve mentioned have had any of the stats Tua has had this year in their entire career in the NFL.
Yeah I mean Tua has more bad games than every other QBs yet still leads the league in rating and is 4th in QBR... I've been watching alot of other games lately due to the Fins being on primetime games lately and holy ****, there's A LOT of bad football being played out there...

Like why do people make **** up? It’s like people just throw out the entire past for what just happened. He’s proven he’s not clutch? This is honestly the first game I can remember needed a score and he’s failed. Think there was was one other where drops were at fault but to say he’s not clutch after one game is stupid. Yeah he’s messed up last night he’s been clutch his entire career, one game doesn’t change that. He’s proven to not be a winner? He’s 21-13 as a starter and 8-4 this year. That’s almost 62% win percentage only Mahomes,Brady,Rodgers,Allen, Jimmy G,Wilson and Hurts have a better win percentage. 3 of those guys will go down as top 10 qbs ever, Allen is a top 2 qb, Wilson is barely above and another year playing with the broncos will probably be below. Hurts and Jimmy G have had the luxury of playing with elite defenses their entire career and now Hurts was given a stacked offense as well, jimmys always had one. It’s okay to be emotional but you’re blatantly making **** up that just isn’t true.

The going all in was only a reality when we thought we had an elite defense. Figured with an elite d if we give Tua some weapons he just needed to play decent and we’d be a contender. Instead we ended up with a bottom 5 defense and in order to win games Tua needed to play flawless football while carrying the team on his arm. I don’t believe that was ever the plan to just have Tua sling us to victories unfortunately we have no other choice with out defense. I still like Tua however there’s maybe 2-3 qbs a decade that can pull that off. Josh Allen might be one of them and even he can throw for 180 yards 2 tds and 2 ints and win by 22 like they did vs the bears. When does Tua get that benefit? The fact of the matter is this team is too qb reliant without having a generational talent at qb.

Take a few days sort out your emotion from reality. Come back here when you realize we are still in the playoff hunt and still control our own destiny.
Dude he is not clutch. He either builds a huge lead or fails miserably. Prime time and big games he’s horrid. You can’t win consistently with him at QB in a QB driven league

Tua is 24 years old and is still #1 in the NFL in passer rating after yesterday’s games.

Some of y’all have issues.
I mean, its just too soon for these type of threads after a game like this... Most people are pissed, understandably so, rarely does anyone ever make good decisions under this emotional state... Avoiding this place the day after a loss like this is the easiest way to not get caught up in the non-sense... imo.

SF blew us out. The Jets blew us out. Griers signings on defense have been no help, and Teddy has been worse than horrible. I believe many figured a 9-8 team in 2022 with a new offensive minded coach, the addition of hill, Armstead, Williams, Mostert and others would improve by a game and make the playoffs. I did.
San Fran game was 17-23 until 6mins in the 4th quarter. Then we melted down with turnovers off a fumble and on downs.

Jets game was 17-19 until there was 9 minutes left. Then the meltdown started with Skylar Thompson's turnovers.

I wouldn't call these blowout. The scores are very misleading. They were both very competitive games.

Tearing it all down is not warranted, as I mentioned.

What? Everyone thought this was a deep playoff team. GM and coach thought so too. Look at the moves that were made. We sold our souls for this season and it’s backfiring.
Not at the beginning of the season. Those moves were later in the season when the offense was humming. People were still saying Tua was trash in preseason. I can't even find a preseason power rankings with us in the top half of the league.

I get all the emotion, and I am more dejected than usual about yesterday's game.
I'm not going to defend Tua's 2nd half yesterday.
But I'll say this: that Mostert fumble at the end of the first half flipped the game. He holds onto the ball and if we get only a FG, different game.
Sorry, but games turn on funky plays- fumbles, missed FG's, botched punts, and I am convinced that play is what changed the momentum of the game.
And you mentioned missed FGs….we had one of those, too. Could have been back ahead at 23-20.

Last edited:
All QB throw INTs. All QBs make mistakes like Tua does.
Brady was horrible for 3 quarters last night. Just awful throwing the ball, ints.
But when it mattered in the 4th quarter/OT a 45 year old led his team 3 straight scoring drives. He made accurate throws. More importantly he made all the correct reads. His QB IQ was up to task.

Yesterday in the 4th quarter on 3 straight drives Tua made inaccurate throws, made incorrect reads and panicked and threw 3 picks and led his team to a loss.
When it mattered Tua showed is he is NOT the guy. His QB IQ does not seem to be good when pressure is on and plays matter.
After 3 years of watching him it is highly unlikely he will ever be that guy a team wants to win them a game.

I get he has bad coaching with Flores. I dont know why people like McDaniel. His play calling sucks as well and seems to be clueless in the 4th quarter. He is no different than Gase in reality.
So are you overlooking that Mostert said the 2nd INT was his fault, and not a bad read by Tua?

Dude he is not clutch. He either builds a huge lead or fails miserably. Prime time and big games he’s horrid. You can’t win consistently with him at QB in a QB driven league
Are you kidding me? Did he build a lead in the Ravens game? The Bears game? The Lions game? These are simply three examples this season where he basically had to play perfect football or the Phins lose the game.

Back
Top Bottom